PDA

View Full Version : New ruleset: missing tokens and background image for Personalities

veron
March 26th, 2007, 19:01
Hello all,

When I try to create my own ruleset, I always face these two problems, no matter how small changes I try to do:

1. Regular tokens are nowhere to be seen. The token box is in there and if I put my own folders in, I can see my own tokens in the token box. But the default tokens have totally disappeared.

2. When I create a new Personality, the new window does not have a background image at all. You can type in it etc, but it looks like you're writing on the FG desktop as there's no image for the Personality window itself.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? I have my own character sheet (which works just fine) and just a few small changes in base.xml and d20_graphics.xml for this, but none that I can see that could cause these problems. Otherwise the structure and files is basically 1:1 copy from the regular d20 ruleset.

Should I copy-paste my base.xml and d20_graphics.xml in here or does this already sound familiar to someone..?

Thanks in advance.

Dachannien
March 26th, 2007, 20:32
1) Does your base.xml file still have <tokenroot source="data\tokens" /> in it somewhere?

2) It sounds like the path to the images is wrong in either base.xml or d20_graphics.xml, so FG can't find the background for the personality window. Make sure that the paths you have changed are still correct. Any paths should be relative to the Fantasy Grounds directory (don't put a leading / in them). You should only need to change the paths leading to your custom content.

If you want to post your base.xml or d20_graphics.xml files here, feel free :)

veron
March 27th, 2007, 15:53
1. It did not! Now it does and the tokens are fixed, thank you! The original base.xml did not have this either so I guess the tokens just work "magically" correct with the basic ruleset.

2. Before I copy-paste the whole files here, do you have a suggestion what could be the marking that I am missing that could cause this. I can't see that any of the paths would be wrong, but if I am missing a line completely like in case 1, that'd do the trick. I can't find any definitions regarding the Personalities window in either of the files.

Thank you again!

joshuha
March 27th, 2007, 16:07
Are you using the example d20 ruleset as your base? This doesn't include the all the files nor is it the ruleset that is actually loaded when you start FG.

In your main FG folder you should see a d20.pak file. Using a zip program or the unpak.exe to extract all of the XML files in the file. These are the actual files needed to create a complete ruleset (and should have all references/files).

veron
March 28th, 2007, 11:01
Ah! Yes, when I have done my own rulesets, I have just basically copied the rulesets/d20 to another name and started to modify the files from there. If someone wants to make a 'RTFM' remark at this point, I do not mind, feel free to do so. ;-)

However, I do not have d20.pak in my FG main folder. It does, however, have resource.pak... wonder if it's essiantally the same thing?

Thanks again.

Oberoten
March 28th, 2007, 11:28
Yes, it is. :)

It contains the basic D20 system.

joshuha
March 28th, 2007, 15:34
Sorry they must have renamed it for FG 2.0.

veron
March 28th, 2007, 16:00
Sorry they must have renamed it for FG 2.0.

We're still at 1.05, but yes, they must have changed that at some point. Oh, or are you already using some 2.0 beta version..?

Anywho, I'll get it from here, thanks to everyone who helped me out!