PDA

View Full Version : Select and delete multiple (non PC/NPC) tokens?

Kheldar
May 13th, 2020, 21:35
In my upcoming session, I'd planned on having the PCs fight a number of enemies (about 5 PCs vs 15 NPCs + 1 BBEG)) in a large room, which also contains about 100 civilians, trapped inside due a collapse while the fighting occurs. I'm hoping to have a handful of enemies target the civilians each round to act as a kind of timer and choice for the players (do you try and protect the civilians, and expose yourself to greater risk, or focus on the BBEG but lose more civilians, risking RP consequences later (reputation loss, etc)?

Anyway, for visual effect, I want to actually have tokens representing these civilians, to give a sense of how busy the room is. I'd like to be able to delete a handful of civilian tokens at one time, both for effect (wow, that's a horrifyingly large chunk this turn!) and because otherwise I'm deleting each token individually (with three clicks each, select->delete->confirm this token).

Is this a feature that exists already? I can't seem to find it in the UI or mention of anything here on the forums. Perhaps it's more of a (low priority) wish list thing?

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2020, 21:43
I can't think of a way. Maybe mutli-select delete, but I doubt it.

Note, I would not add the commoners to the CT. Just add them as tokens and assume they are minions (one-hit kills). And then delete the 3-5 each round as they die. Though the thought of replacing them with blood splatters is appealing, but the 'best' way to do that is with them on the CT and use of one of the Death Indicator extensions.

Kheldar
May 13th, 2020, 22:52
Yeah, I decided at the outset to avoid putting them on the tracker, that would be a nightmare! It's already going to be bad enough with 20+ NPCs and 5 PCs. Even if I could make a chunk of civilian tokens just be invisible, that would work too. Worse comes to worst I'll just have to do this the slow way - it was my big fat idea to have this many physically represented, after all!

Neovirtus
May 13th, 2020, 23:26
I can't think of a way. Maybe mutli-select delete, but I doubt it.

Note, I would not add the commoners to the CT. Just add them as tokens and assume they are minions (one-hit kills). And then delete the 3-5 each round as they die. Though the thought of replacing them with blood splatters is appealing, but the 'best' way to do that is with them on the CT and use of one of the Death Indicator extensions.

I have struggled with this in the past as well. It is a pain even when they are not on the CT, because there is no way (that I know of) to delete multiple tokens. As OP mentions when AoE starts flying, removing multiple non-CT NPC's is a real pain.