PDA

View Full Version : Running Lost Mines of Phandelver OR Curse of Strahd!

ImYourThirdDad
May 13th, 2020, 20:39
Hi everyone! My name is Hayden and I have been DMing for a long time now. I want to try and find new players on different websites, so I came to this fine website!

I am currently interested in running 2 campaigns- Lost Mines of Phandelver, and Curse of Strahd. If you're interested, here is some information!

I am in the Central Standard Time Zone, and the worst days for me are Tuesday and Thursday but I can run games later in the day.

I know a lot of the rules, but am not a rules-lawyer. I prefer using the “rule of cool” in certain scenarios, but I don’t want the game getting too off the rails so there are limits.

As a DM I love setting the scene and encouraging players to roleplay. I love seeing characters have a dynamic arc that I can help cultivate.

My games are a safe space. Bullying and Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated, and you will be immediately kicked from the table. If you need to reach out and have concerns, they will be addressed and your name will be kept anonymous.

I do a paid service, and it depends on which module you would like to play in. Curse of Strahd is $10 per session, while Lost Mines of Phandelver is $5. This is done over paypal, as I post the link about 1 hour or 30 minutes before a session. For session 0, I will post it about 3 hours before. That way new people who have not used paypal before will have enough time and can adjust to it so we can start on time. In each respective area I'll highlight why the costs are the way they are.

Each session spans about 3 hours. If we are in the middle of an encounter when the session is near closing, we will push on to finish it, then end.

I have the legendary bundle and the master tier, so every campaign will have content sharing enabled.

We will play over Discord Audio, while using the Avrae bot to roll.

I have had a lot of experience DM'ing games, as well as playing. I have ran 2 homebrew campaigns in a world I've created, going all the way from level 1 to level 15. I have ran 9 completed campaigns of Lost Mines to Phandelver, and 3 of Curse of Strahd.

Curse of Strahd

If you're interested in playing Curse of Strahd, there are a few things you need to know first. The campaign is a Gothic horror, and deals with some heavy topics. While combat is big, there is more of a focus on roleplay and character development. Characters will span from 1st level all the way to 10th level, ensuring a lot of character growth. I am welcoming all groups of players to join, with varying levels of experience. This is a must-play experience for all players. Now, you may be asking: "Hayden, why are you charging $10 per session?". Well, the answer is relatively simple. I do this as a business, and I need to cover the costs of the Legendary Bundle, Master Tier, and the cost of the physical CoS book itself. I'm also a college student, so the profits I make go towards paying my way through college. If you have any questions, please go ahead and reply to this so I can answer them!

Lost Mines of Phandelver
Hello! If you're interested in playing Lost Mines of Phandelver, I have information for you! This is more of a laid back experience where we can have fun, and mainly so I can teach new players the rules. I encourage new players join this one, as it is designed for new players. Because it is more laid-back, I charge $5 per session. I have lots of players who play this, and they really enjoy it. If you have questions, please put them in the replies!

Here are some reviews I have, just showing the legitimacy of what I run.

“I absolutely love his games! I played a half-elf ranger in his LMoP campaign and it was worth every penny. The way he described the scenes and combat made the world feel alive, I highly recommend it!”

“His games are really great. My character was a Warforged Fighter, and at first I was a little skeptical. I never used a paid service before, so I was wondering how different it would be than a normal game? It felt exactly like a normal game, no out-of-game stressors or fiscal reminders. Playing with him is something I would fully recommend.”

“Hayden’s impromptu skills amaze me. Without spoilers, we derailed our campaign pretty early on, making it near impossible to follow what the actual campaign followed. Though Hayden made everything feel like it was supposed to happen, he had a plan for everything and we managed to finish the campaign strong! Give him a try, I guarantee you’ll like it.”

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions I am guarnteed to respond quicker on my discord, ImYourThirdDad#4852

Stay safe,

Hayden.

damned
May 13th, 2020, 23:52
Hi Hayden

This forum is for users of the Fantasy Grounds Virtual Table Top. We do ask that you dont advertise games running on other platforms.

Have fun keep up the good work.