PDA

View Full Version : Smite Evil effect not working

tahl_liadon
May 13th, 2020, 13:56
been testing again and again for 20 mins now with smite evil effect... worked before, but now doesn't seem to be.

can't figure out what is different or has changed that it's not reading the effect, nor does ift:type([type]); other effects like "blinded" work (rolling for conc)... turned off all extensions. any clue?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35334

Blahness98
May 13th, 2020, 14:20
been testing again and again for 20 mins now with smite evil effect... worked before, but now doesn't seem to be.

can't figure out what is different or has changed that it's not reading the effect, nor does ift:type([type]); other effects like "blinded" work (rolling for conc)... turned off all extensions. any clue?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35334

You have the effect on the monster.

Trenloe
May 13th, 2020, 14:28
Moved to a new thread. This topic was not related to the extension thread it was posted in. Please don't post in threads unless it is 100% related to the topic for that thread.

tahl_liadon
May 13th, 2020, 15:16
lol thx @blahness

@trenloe, noted. (it is related to that extension -- the screengrab didn't show the "removal" part of the effect -- and i thought it might have been a conflict in code or something... anyway, problem resolved, i guess. thx)

Trenloe
May 13th, 2020, 15:21
it is related to that extension -- the screengrab didn't show the "removal" part of the effect -- and i thought it might have been a conflict in code or something
You specifically said "turned off all extensions". Sorry, if I misread that and it actually meant "turned off all extensions except this one". ;)

Blahness98
May 13th, 2020, 15:27
The player remove extension isn't really needed anymore. The functionality provided here was incorporated into CoreRPG. I believe the only extension that still requires it is the Mirror Image handler.

bmos
May 31st, 2020, 15:10
You might want to use the DMGTYPE "spell" rather than "force" so that it behaves properly against incorporeal beings.

dellanx
June 2nd, 2020, 10:32
You might want to use the DMGTYPE "spell" rather than "force" so that it behaves properly against incorporeal beings.

Or get the bypass damage extension, DMGTYPE "bypass".