PDA

View Full Version : Adding data to a ruleset?

Galdor
May 13th, 2020, 11:09
Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place for my question: how can I manually put an official rulebook information in a FG Ruleset?

I have several FG Core and MoreCore Rulesets, but they don't include NPCs Stats, Item Properties, Spells, etc: I have the official rulebooks of such Rulesets in paper format and I want to put all the data of the paper Rulebooks in the FG Rulesets.. how can I do it?!

damned
May 13th, 2020, 12:03
Just start entering the data within FG.
Have a look at the Author extension.
Work out what format the data you are entering should be.
Start copy and pasting...

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2020, 20:43
Basically you are creating a module to be used within any campaign that uses that ruleset. See the link in my sig about Adventure Module Creation for some best practices.

Galdor
May 14th, 2020, 22:49
Thanks both of you (LordEntrails and Damned) for your kind replies: I will look at the link suggested by LordEntrails..

Edit: I skimmed through the 'Adventure Module Creation' link but I did not find how to save all that I created in a .mod file!

esmdev
May 15th, 2020, 00:10
To save your information into a module you export it by clicking library and then export. From there you can choose what sort of information you want in the .mod and such. It's pretty self explanatory once you find it. :)