PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a extension that integrates OneNote or a browser into Fantasy Grounds

ChoTimberwolf
May 13th, 2020, 09:06
I keep all my campaign notes in OneNote so right now I have bothopen FG and OneNote. My question is if there is an extension that integrates OneNote into FG or integrates a browser into FG. Which would mean I wouldn't have to switch between OneNote and FG ;)
Hope this is the right place to ask

Trenloe
May 13th, 2020, 09:13
There’s nothing like that. FG specifically restricts other applications from running within itself for security (and supportability).

Zisse
May 13th, 2020, 10:27
If I use another application to change an image that is currently displayed in FG, what is going to happen? That could be used to feed in changes to maps etc. You might also use it to share notes from OneNote.

Trenloe
May 13th, 2020, 11:58
If I use another application to change an image that is currently displayed in FG, what is going to happen? That could be used to feed in changes to maps etc. You might also use it to share notes from OneNote.
The GM would need to close the window image window that they had open, then re-open it and re-share it to the players.

The gotchas are:
1) If you use a different file name it will be seen as a new image.
2) If you change the image pixel dimensions of an image that is already in FG (and keep the same image filename) then you may get errors and things already on the image (tokens, pins, drawings, mask, etc.) probably wouldn't be in the correct position.

Mytherus
May 13th, 2020, 17:29
Sounds like you have one monitor. I also save data on one note. What you propose is more hassle then its worth...i got a 2nd monitor (not just for fg). It works well. Onenote open on ther portrait 27" screen and the 35" wide for fg.

One day id like to get another 35 but thats a ways off ....

damned
May 13th, 2020, 23:58
I only ever use a single screen for FG. I close everything as soon as I have used it. Combat Tracker, Chat and Map stay open, everything else I open and close as and when I need it. Some from Pins on map, some from hotkeys and others straight from the campaign tools.