PDA

View Full Version : Customized Item Generator for 3.5E and Pathfinder

rmilmine
May 13th, 2020, 04:06
I've modified the extension found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38761-CustomisedItemGenerator-Extension

I've added item size, with automatic change to damage based on size change.
I used the charts in Pathfinder for this damage difference. If someone can point me towards a 3.5e webpage that says how size changes damage I'll gladly make changes.
I also added code that adds effects to items based on some of the special abilities.
This is only useful if you also use my Advanced Effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57817-Advanced-Effects-for-5E-and-Pathfinder&p=508539#post508539

This should now be compatible with the Enhanced Items extension.

Version 1.0.3: 39108

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2020, 12:10
I've modified the extension found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38761-CustomisedItemGenerator-Extension

I used the charts in Pathfinder for this damage difference. If someone can point me towards a 3.5e webpage that says how size changes damage I'll gladly make changes.
I also added code that adds effects to items based on some of the special abilities.
This is only useful if you also use my Advanced Effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57817-Advanced-Effects-for-5E-and-Pathfinder&p=508539#post508539

This might not be compatible with the Enhanced Items V4 extension. Once it is I'll post that here.

Thanks a lot :) As far as I know there should be no difference to 3.5e, but I am not sure, need to look that up later :)

mozmonar
May 13th, 2020, 17:46

This might not be compatible with the Enhanced Items V4 extension. Once it is I'll post that here.

Here's the weapon size chart for 3.5

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize

rmilmine
May 14th, 2020, 02:06
Here's the weapon size chart for 3.5

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize

That looks the same as what they have in Pathfinder.

Regarrenill
May 16th, 2020, 17:17
I got an error when I booted up this extension.
"[5/16/2020 9:22:54 AM] [ERROR] Error loading extension XML file. [Customised Item Generator for 3.5E and Pathfinder] [campaign/record_item.xml]: 'insertbefore' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 23, position 31."

rmilmine
May 16th, 2020, 17:49
Well not sure how that got past testing, but it did. I've fixed the issue. there was a space missing between things.

Grey Mage
May 16th, 2020, 18:34
Looks like the major magic item listing is missing 81-85...

Also, how much trouble would it be to make an 'easy' way to edit the table to add stuff in from other books?

rmilmine
May 16th, 2020, 21:29
What is major magic item listing? I gather that 81-85 are page numbers?

Grey Mage
May 16th, 2020, 21:46
On the major magic item table... line entry 81-85 is missing

rmilmine
May 16th, 2020, 22:32
Is this in 3.5e or Pathfinder? I don't have the 3.5e books, so if it's Pathfinder what page in the core book?

bmos
May 17th, 2020, 12:21
I'm getting this error when I open any item sheets with this extension enabled:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:132: attempt to index global 'divider8' (a nil value)

I tried disabling my other extensions and my theme (except your Advanced Effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder extension) and it still happens.

Really excited for this extension (and the advanced effects extension it uses); I'm running an 12th level game right now and there are a lot of special effects and abilities to wrangle!

rmilmine
May 17th, 2020, 17:51
I'm getting this error when I open any item sheets with this extension enabled:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:132: attempt to index global 'divider8' (a nil value)

I tried disabling my other extensions and my theme (except your Advanced Effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder extension) and it still happens.

Really excited for this extension (and the advanced effects extension it uses); I'm running an 12th level game right now and there are a lot of special effects and abilities to wrangle!

Fixed the problem.
When looking for effects make sure to keep the over all active number to a minimum. So unequip unused items that have effects.

bmos
May 17th, 2020, 21:56
Will do! Thanks for the warning and the quick fix :)
The visibility of effects added seems to be GM only no matter what I pick. Perhaps the Kel compatibility issues?

Also, a suggestion!
The effect is given a name based on the name of the item. The name of the item is also shown under the effect. This is redundant and wastes screen real estate (useful for items with a lot of effects).

Grey Mage
May 19th, 2020, 01:15
Is this in 3.5e or Pathfinder? I don't have the 3.5e books, so if it's Pathfinder what page in the core book?

This is a PF table, but I cannot find it in the Core Rulebook... it is the one you used to determine major, medium or minor magic item...

rmilmine
May 21st, 2020, 23:23
Is the table available on the pathfinder wiki? I didn't enter most of the data for this. It's based on someone else's work. What changes to data I made I used the wiki to create new special abilities.
Maybe it's in the Ultimate Equipment book? but those tables are lessor minor greater minor, lessor medium, etc.

rmilmine
May 21st, 2020, 23:30
Will do! Thanks for the warning and the quick fix :)
The visibility of effects added seems to be GM only no matter what I pick. Perhaps the Kel compatibility issues?

Also, a suggestion!
The effect is given a name based on the name of the item. The name of the item is also shown under the effect. This is redundant and wastes screen real estate (useful for items with a lot of effects).

I don't think it's a compatibility issue. I don't recall testing the gm only code from the 5E port of the Advanced Effects extension I made. my bad, still so much to do it seems.
It would be that extension that is causing the problem with the item effect being moved from player items to the combat tracker incorrectly.
All this extension does is create an item in the item database with effects already attached.
The Advanced Inventory extension changes the way items are loaded into inventory in order to create advanced action items (such as a flaming sword having fire damage, or potions and wands etc).
The Advanced Effects extension is the one that does the heavy lifting related to getting effects onto the combat tracker. It is also the one that generates the name. That is code from the original 5E extension it is based off of. I never changed it, but I will look at doing so. It would remove the need for it to have a special label only thing on it.

rmilmine
May 25th, 2020, 23:13
This is a PF table, but I cannot find it in the Core Rulebook... it is the one you used to determine major, medium or minor magic item...

I found this website as a wiki for pathfinder.

https://aonprd.com/MagicItems.aspx

It includes a lot of special abilities that aren't currently included.
Does this include the special abilities you are looking for?

bmos
June 3rd, 2020, 19:15
Looks like weapon and armor weight isn't being reduced when small is selected as the item size. Any chance we can get that included?

rmilmine
June 3rd, 2020, 21:24
Can you point me to a table for 3.5E and/or one for pathfinder on the weight of weapons and armor. I honestly didn't think of the weight changes. I can't seem to find any tables for either system.

Thanks.

mozmonar
June 3rd, 2020, 21:52
Can you point me to a table for 3.5E and/or one for pathfinder on the weight of weapons and armor. I honestly didn't think of the weight changes. I can't seem to find any tables for either system.

Thanks.

Pathfinder's changes are here...
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipmenT/armor/#TOC-Armor-for-Unusual-Creatures

Looks to be the same for 3.5
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#armorForUnusualCreatures

rmilmine
June 3rd, 2020, 22:47
Thanks. I don't see anything for weapons. I wonder why they didn't think of weapons for weight. Although you could use the same multiplier they use for character weight increases.

mozmonar
June 3rd, 2020, 23:19
Thanks. I don't see anything for weapons. I wonder why they didn't think of weapons for weight. Although you could use the same multiplier they use for character weight increases.

All I could find was this line which is essentially the same on d20SRD and d20PFSRD...
"*Weight This column gives the weight of a Medium version of the weapon. Halve this number for Small weapons and double it for Large weapons."

Based on that it would seem sensible to just use the same adjustment as the expanded armor table.

rmilmine
June 4th, 2020, 00:39
I updated the extension to version 1.0.2.
It now calculates a new weight value based on the change in size.

rmilmine
June 4th, 2020, 00:45
Looks like the major magic item listing is missing 81-85...

Also, how much trouble would it be to make an 'easy' way to edit the table to add stuff in from other books?

If there are any weapon, armor, shield, ammo Abilities that are missing please post them here in the following format.

["Reflecting"] = {
sStringName = "reflecting",
iBonus = 5,
iCost = 0,
iCL = 14,
sAura = "strong abjuration" ,
aExclusions = {},
sSubSelectionLabel = "",
aSubSelection = {},
aEffects = {},
},

IBonus is the enhancement bonus cost, 1 to 5.
iCost is the flat cost to add it.
iCL is Caster Level
sAura is what aura is has when looked at via detect magic.
The rest are only important if there are any other abilities it has or that it doesn't work with.

Thamyor
July 8th, 2020, 23:54
In Pathfinder, Darkleaf cloth price calculation seems off, tested with Leather and Studded Leather and Hide. Looked at the code and it seems to be using the weight price instead of the armor category. But the armor I created have the correct category.37527
The left one have the correct price after I corrected it manually.

rmilmine
July 9th, 2020, 13:12
In Pathfinder, Darkleaf cloth price calculation seems off, tested with Leather and Studded Leather and Hide. Looked at the code and it seems to be using the weight price instead of the armor category. But the armor I created have the correct category.37527
The left one have the correct price after I corrected it manually.

Thanks, I will have a look when I can. I've been extremely busy of late with a new job.

bmos
July 27th, 2020, 13:35
If the original item size doesn't match (including case), it throws an error. Any chance you can switch to non-case-sensitive parsing of that?

Since the base item sheet uses lowercase in many places, I would suggest writing materials type to properties in lowercase. The same for size and almost everything else.
It seems like type, subtype, and name are the only places they are using capitalization. Since the default properties value is - it probably makes sense to replace that when writing new properties (unless there are other things already entered).

Also, since I've already posted this, could you be persuaded to add "fragile" to the properties field when the item is generated with fragile materials?
Then i could parse for this in my Item Durability extension (which I am in the process of making compatible with this extension) and eventually make fragile items break on natural 1s.

dellanx
July 27th, 2020, 17:29
If the original item size doesn't match (including case), it throws an error. Any chance you can switch to non-case-sensitive parsing of that?

Since the base item sheet uses lowercase in many places, I would suggest writing materials type to properties in lowercase. The same for size and almost everything else.
It seems like type, subtype, and name are the only places they are using capitalization.

Also, since I've already posted this, could you be persuaded to add "fragile" to the properties field when the item is generated with fragile materials?
Then i could parse for this in my Item Durability extension (which I am in the process of making compatible with this extension) and eventually make fragile items break on natural 1s.

That would rock in a low magic campaign. Having low quality blades break on you was no joke, that is why some warriors went into battle with multiple swords!

rmilmine
July 30th, 2020, 00:59

It seems like type, subtype, and name are the only places they are using capitalization. Since the default properties value is - it probably makes sense to replace that when writing new properties (unless there are other things already entered).

I will have a look this weekend and see what I can do to fix this. I'll change it so that it makes everything lower case before the compare and then it shouldn't matter. Would have thought I had done this already but I guess not.

bmos
July 30th, 2020, 04:15
I will have a look this weekend and see what I can do to fix this. I'll change it so that it makes everything lower case before the compare and then it shouldn't matter. Would have thought I had done this already but I guess not.so easy to overlook that sort of thing! same with nil checks sometimes.

bmos
August 5th, 2020, 11:40
so easy to overlook that sort of thing! same with nil checks sometimes.Perhaps, upon creating weapons with an enhancement bonus, you can also add the damage type magic?
You could also overwrite the item properties if they are - (the default value for many) since right now they're being added to (such as -, adamantine, masterwork)

and StringManager.capitalize() is your friend with the item names, I think :)

Asgurgolas
August 5th, 2020, 19:31
Well there's also the fact that creating a +1 weapon and equipping it gives out a +2 to hit (because it stacks masterwork and enhancement.. actually Masterwork *is* an enhancement bonus already)

Edit: nevermind, maybe it's another extension... too much to do right now to check tho

bmos
August 5th, 2020, 20:08
Well there's also the fact that creating a +1 weapon and equipping it gives out a +2 to hit (because it stacks masterwork and enhancement.. actually Masterwork *is* an enhancement bonus already)

Edit: nevermind, maybe it's another extension... too much to do right now to check thoPretty sure that's Item Durability doing that.
It'll be fixed in Tuesday's update.

rmilmine
September 4th, 2020, 02:58

Edit: nevermind, maybe it's another extension... too much to do right now to check tho

There is a bug in 3.5E that if an item is unidentified and magical/masterwork it will give you the +1 for masterwork and then once identified it will give another +1 for a total of +2.
This might be what you came across.

rmilmine
September 4th, 2020, 03:05
Perhaps, upon creating weapons with an enhancement bonus, you can also add the damage type magic?
You could also overwrite the item properties if they are - (the default value for many) since right now they're being added to (such as -, adamantine, masterwork)

and StringManager.capitalize() is your friend with the item names, I think :)

If the enhancement bonus is > 0 then it adds magic to the damage type, if it's pathfinder and > 2 it adds more to the damage type based on the table in the core rule book.
If you aren't seeing this behavior I'm not sure why.

rmilmine
September 4th, 2020, 03:11
I've uploaded a new version, 1.0.3 to the first post.
I fixed a comparison bug with both size changes and weight related to size changes.
I also changed it so that if properties is equal to "-" it replaces it with "".

Zygmunt Molotch
September 5th, 2020, 16:05
FYI the new uploaded version is zipped inside a folder, which needs extracting, rezipping and renaming :D

I do that all the time :D

rmilmine
September 6th, 2020, 01:46
FYI the new uploaded version is zipped inside a folder, which needs extracting, rezipping and renaming :D

I do that all the time :D

Oops, fixed it.

Seems
September 26th, 2020, 20:30
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out the right way to use this. I took an ordinary elven curved blade and customized it with a +1 bonus and the keen and shocking burst abilities. Here are the problems I run into:

- in Properties, the weapon has shocking burst, keen, and masterwork. Should it also have magic as a property to determine whether it can hit creatures only affected by magic?
- the Damage Type is slashing and magic. Should it also have electricity or shocking burst?
- the Critical field is 18-20 (x2). With the keen ability, the crit range should be 15-20.
- when I equip it on a character, there's no indication of the shocking burst ability in the weapon's damage, and attacking an NPC does not generate any shock damage.

I'm new to this, so I could well be using this all wrong. Just trying to figure out how to use it. I'm using it with FGU if it makes any difference. Thanks!

bmos
September 26th, 2020, 20:55
Okay, so I'm trying to figure out the right way to use this. I took an ordinary elven curved blade and customized it with a +1 bonus and the keen and shocking burst abilities. Here are the problems I run into:

- in Properties, the weapon has shocking burst, keen, and masterwork. Should it also have magic as a property to determine whether it can hit creatures only affected by magic?
- the Damage Type is slashing and magic. Should it also have electricity or shocking burst?
- the Critical field is 18-20 (x2). With the keen ability, the crit range should be 15-20.
- when I equip it on a character, there's no indication of the shocking burst ability in the weapon's damage, and attacking an NPC does not generate any shock damage.

I'm new to this, so I could well be using this all wrong. Just trying to figure out how to use it. I'm using it with FGU if it makes any difference. Thanks!This isn't my extension although I have been using it for months, so take this with a grain of salt:

1) no, there is no code to parse for "magic" in the properties field. this has to be entered as damage type.
2) no, because only some of the damage is electricity damage. entering that here would mean all damage it does would be counted as such. when you add the item to your inventory, this extension should add the extra 1d6 of electricity damage to the actions tab entry for the weapon.
3) keen is not handled automatically unless you use the keen extension (which Kelrugem's extensions include I think)
4) shocking burst crit bonus damage is not automated and would require changes to the attack roll handling script

Seems
September 26th, 2020, 21:14
Thanks bmos. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

bmos
November 13th, 2020, 16:03
The function usingAE() is missing a space in your EXT name. Zygmunt Molotch found this.
There are also other places in the same file where you have the same typo (you may have changed that?) but they don't use this function (they just do the same thing directly).

Also Corrosive Burst should also inherit Corrosive (but current only does the burst part)

Kelrugem
November 13th, 2020, 16:09
function usingKelrugemsAE() needs a change.
"Full OverlayPackage with other icons" should be "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons" as Kelrugem has changed the package name.
Also his extensions have been consolidated so that function can be:

function usingKelrugemsAE()
return (StringManager.contains(Extension.getExtensions(), "Full OverlayPackage") or
StringManager.contains(Extension.getExtensions(), "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons"));
end

Oh, crap, did I accidentally rename the extension?

I just checked: I accidentally renamed the file, but only the file, the extension name appearing in the list of extensions is still the old one :) So, there should be no need to change the code :)

But the difficult question for me: Should I rename the file back to the old one or is it too late for that and I would just cause extra chaos? :D (aaah, crap, that happens when I think I have the correct name without checking the old extension. Gladly only the file name and not the name shown in FG)

Kelrugem
November 13th, 2020, 16:16
Ah, moment, I looked at my backups: The file name was always with "alternative" :) The FG name always with "other"; lol, I never realized this, but this gladly means that I never renamed something :D

Pheew, now I feel released; bmos, you are now my 13 Friday spirit :p :D

bmos
November 13th, 2020, 16:22
Ah, moment, I looked at my backups: The file name was always with "alternative" :) The FG name always with "other"; lol, I never realized this, but this gladly means that I never renamed something :D

Pheew, now I feel released; bmos, you are now my 13 Friday spirit :p :DDoes Extension.getExtensions() return the actual ext name? My experience has indicated that it uses file name (but I could certainly be wrong -- i usually make them the same thing). I think alternative is better anyway.

Sorry I worried you!

Kelrugem
November 13th, 2020, 16:32
Does Extension.getExtensions() return the actual ext name? My experience has indicated that it uses file name (but I could certainly be wrong -- i usually make them the same thing). I think alternative is better anyway.

Sorry I worried you!

Hehe, no worries :D

ah, good question, I would have guessed that returns the "name as shown in FG", but that is actually just guessing, I need to test :) (Extension.getExtensionInfo lists information with the same name as the tags, so, I would have thought of the xml tags; also because that cannot be easily changed by the user, but also this is just guessing on my side :D) When it is like you said, then I need to change a bit of code in my extensions, too (some pieces there are already written with rmilmine's extension in mind and they also use this) :)

bmos
March 24th, 2021, 17:07
I just realized I never posted the new version I made here.
v1.1 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/releases/tag/v1.1) and v1.2 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/releases/tag/v1.2) are usable with new FG update (from feb 16th) and have a variety of improvements.

Zarestia
March 27th, 2021, 00:08
Extension works great, the new v1.2 version seems to still put v1.1 as announcement in chat.

Feature Suggestion: Only let it customize/generate if a Weapon / Armor Subtype is entered.
If you try it without a subtype (like me and probably others at first) you get an error for weapons: "combobox: table expected". Furthermore you can't select a special material without a subtype.

bmos
March 27th, 2021, 04:19
Extension works great, the new v1.2 version seems to still put v1.1 as announcement in chat.

Feature Suggestion: Only let it customize/generate if a Weapon / Armor Subtype is entered.
If you try it without a subtype (like me and probably others at first) you get an error for weapons: "combobox: table expected". Furthermore you can't select a special material without a subtype.Thanks! Pushed a hotfix to v1.2 since people will update anyway when their chat version shows they're out of date.

EDIT: I have also pushed some github commits that improve documentation in a few of my extensions since you mentioned that it was helpful to you :)

Kelevraa
April 9th, 2021, 03:29
Is there a way for me to add materials/templates of my own? Can I just add them to the code or is there a place in FG I can add them?

bmos
April 9th, 2021, 18:21
Is there a way for me to add materials/templates of my own? Can I just add them to the code or is there a place in FG I can add them?
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/blob/main/script/magic_item_generator.lua
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/blob/0d53c302cd178beeaafa1b83e8429096112396fb/script/magic_item_generator.lua#L6533

In short, you'll have to add to the code.

Urheil
May 5th, 2021, 20:49
(deleted)

bmos
July 19th, 2021, 23:33
Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/37/view)

Urheil
July 20th, 2021, 18:13
Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/37/view)

how does it work?

bmos
July 20th, 2021, 20:47
how does it work?

When you go to the Forge link, you should see a "Get" button.
Once you have clicked that, the extension will get added and updated automatically using FantasyGrounds' Update button (just like official modules and rulesets).

Urheil
July 21st, 2021, 01:48
When you go to the Forge link, you should see a "Get" button.
Once you have clicked that, the extension will get added and updated automatically using FantasyGrounds' Update button (just like official modules and rulesets).

Wow!!!!

Thanks!!!!

cristmo
August 14th, 2021, 14:12
I'm getting the error Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:133:attempt to index global 'divider8' (a nil value).
I've looked for divider8 in record_item.xml of CoreRPG, 3.5E, and other bmos extensions that I'm using (e.g., Encumbrance Penalties, Advanced Item Actions, etc.), but the max divider I was able to find was divider6 (no clue where divider7 or divider8 could be).
Ofc the error is issued only when Advanced Item Actions extension is active (as this is the only case in which divider8 is used in item_main.lua).

Thanks

Edit: If I load Item Durability extension, which has a greater Loadorder, the issue is gone. Indeed Item Durability overwrites item_main.lua update() function, so maybe you could use this code to fix the broken one.

Bye

bmos
August 15th, 2021, 14:48
I'm getting the error Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:133:attempt to index global 'divider8' (a nil value).
I've looked for divider8 in record_item.xml of CoreRPG, 3.5E, and other bmos extensions that I'm using (e.g., Encumbrance Penalties, Advanced Item Actions, etc.), but the max divider I was able to find was divider6 (no clue where divider7 or divider8 could be).
Ofc the error is issued only when Advanced Item Actions extension is active (as this is the only case in which divider8 is used in item_main.lua).

Thanks

Edit: If I load Item Durability extension, which has a greater Loadorder, the issue is gone. Indeed Item Durability overwrites item_main.lua update() function, so maybe you could use this code to fix the broken one.

ByeThanks for that and for looking into why it's happening :)
There used to be a divider8, but it was removed quite a while ago.
Overwriting item_main is a messy solution that I need to fix eventually but haven't gotten around to it.
I'll be pushing an update soon to fix this.

bmos
August 27th, 2021, 13:57
Customized Item Generator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57818-Customized-Item-Generator-for-3-5E-and-Pathfinder/) v1.7 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/releases/tag/v1.7)
* Can now create wands/scrolls/potions from spells. Open a spell window and click Consumables at the top of the window.
Click here to see raw code changes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/compare/v1.6-hotfix.1...v1.7)

Would a template for making those changes be useful to you/others?
I did something like that for my Coins Weight extension and could do so here also.

edcasasa
October 4th, 2021, 16:20
Holy is only doing 1d6 of damage to evil characters, not 2d6 at PF system

bmos
October 5th, 2021, 00:11
Holy is only doing 1d6 of damage to evil characters, not 2d6 at PF system

Automation of the Holy weapon quality requires Advanced Effects. Are you using that?
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view

edcasasa
October 5th, 2021, 15:40
Thanks, I was missing that extention

dellanx
October 10th, 2021, 17:51
Automation of the Holy weapon quality requires Advanced Effects. Are you using that?
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view

When I load this extension, I see this message.

Here is the log:

bmos
October 10th, 2021, 18:12
When I load this extension, I see this message.

Here is the log:

If you are getting those errors then you still have an old version of that extension installed in your /extensions folder.
Delete it and you should be all set.

Urheil
October 11th, 2021, 23:09
Hi.

Some items i can't customized.

I'll pick PFRPG Basic Rules, but it's the same for this example.

Click on custom

It creates a copy of the item:

But in the chat:

Tried anyway:

will continue in next

it doesn't do it for any object, just for some of them.

For this one it worked perfectly:

Urheil
October 11th, 2021, 23:11
Specials materials it's empty:

Click on generate and did nothing, except the same error in the chat: "Error : Item has no subtype".

bmos
October 11th, 2021, 23:16
Hi.

Some items i can't customized.

I'll pick PFRPG Basic Rules, but it's the same for this example.

Click on custom

It creates a copy of the item:

But in the chat:

Tried anyway:

will continue in next

it doesn't do it for any object, just for some of them.

For this one it worked perfectly:

49445How did you install the extension?
I think you may be using an outdated version.
I recommend the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/37/view

Urheil
October 12th, 2021, 01:34
How did you install the extension?
I think you may be using an outdated version.
I recommend the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/37/view

I have it through forge. But Will try to delete it just in case

Urheil
October 13th, 2021, 16:36
I have it through forge. But Will try to delete it just in case

Deleted.
Then it worked!

But in the extension folder it doesn't appear the custom item generator... so where does forge download it?

bmos
October 13th, 2021, 17:20
Deleted.
Then it worked!

But in the extension folder it doesn't appear the custom item generator... so where does forge download it?Ah, that would be the issue then.
My Forge extensions download to the vault folder. I made this choice so that it was easier to tell which extensions you installed manually (since you need to watch those threads for manual updates).
All of my code is available at my GitHub (https://github.com/bmos?tab=repositories), so having my extensions in the vault doesn't limit user access for modification.

Urheil
October 13th, 2021, 19:05
Ah, that would be the issue then.
My Forge extensions download to the vault folder. I made this choice so that it was easier to tell which extensions you installed manually (since you need to watch those threads for manual updates).
All of my code is available at my GitHub (https://github.com/bmos?tab=repositories), so having my extensions in the vault doesn't limit user access for modification.

Oh, I see.

Thanks for all!

egger1608
October 27th, 2021, 13:46
Any hint why this is not working? made a new campaign and disabled all other extensions, creation of a +1 longsword is not possible

Used the extension before (~August '21), worked fine

Thanks

Urheil
October 27th, 2021, 14:11
Any hint why this is not working? made a new campaign and disabled all other extensions, creation of a +1 longsword is not possible

Used the extension before (~August '21), worked fine

Thanks

What modules do you have installed in the campaign?
Maybe some are missing?

egger1608
October 27th, 2021, 14:20
What modules do you have installed in the campaign?
Maybe some are missing?

did a second test, i opened a camapign where i already made custom items, same error.

In the first one no extensions loaded, in the second one all extensions lodaed as i made the campaign

Urheil
October 27th, 2021, 14:22
did a second test, i opened a camapign where i already made custom items, same error.

In the first one no extensions loaded, in the second one all extensions lodaed as i made the campaign

I'm not talking about extensions but modules.
Aldo, what system is Your campaign?

egger1608
October 27th, 2021, 14:25

here the modules, i run Pathfinder 1e

Urheil
October 27th, 2021, 14:27
Also, delete the extension from the extension folder and let fg to download it again.

I had an older version and since the forge version are installed in another folder, there were in conflict.

Urheil
October 27th, 2021, 14:41

here the modules, i run Pathfinder 1e

Once you delete the extension and it's downloaded again, let us know if it worked.

Going back to work.
Have a great day.

egger1608
October 27th, 2021, 14:50
same effect.

BUT when i enter a special material other than none at special Material it works....

always pointing to line 6137 in the source code (unfortunately i am out of coding for 25+ years....)
local sAddDescription = aSpecialMaterials[sMaterial].sAddDescription or "";

BTW, v1.7 works

Urheil
October 27th, 2021, 15:25
same effect.

BUT when i enter a special material other than none at special Material it works....

always pointing to line 6137 in the source code (unfortunately i am out of coding for 25+ years....)

BTW, v1.7 works

I'm also out of coding for 9+ years...

I have to leave this to the experts then.

Sorry.

bmos
October 27th, 2021, 20:56
same effect.

BTW, v1.7 works

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have pushed a fix that should resolve it.

egger1608
October 28th, 2021, 10:10
Hi, just did a test, same error, but differenet line in code.
no other extension loaded, only official Pathfinder Module loaded.

special material (gold in my case) works, none generates the error

thanks for your efforts

bmos
October 28th, 2021, 14:58
I'm home now so I was able to test this fix (hotfix.2 which I just pushed out).
I just generated a gold longsword without issue :)

egger1608
October 28th, 2021, 14:59
The Gold Longsword works also fine for me, when i select none at special material the error occurs

bmos
October 28th, 2021, 15:38
The Gold Longsword works also fine for me, when i select none at special material the error occurs

A different error, but yes.
I pushed a fix and tested more fully with no material, no bonus, both, and combinations.
Thanks for reporting all those issues.

egger1608
October 28th, 2021, 16:28
also positively testet :-)
many thanks for your Hotfix!

Arimil508
September 19th, 2022, 05:15
Hi Love the extension btw.
I tend to make home brew weapons for my campaign and your extension is great for making versions of them that are magical and what not but I was wondering if there was a way for it to not change the existing entry but make a copy of that entry and apply the changes to that one.
I have had a few times where I just forgot to make a copy before custom itemin

bmos
September 19th, 2022, 16:35
It already does that for items in modules.
I will add the option to alt+click the button in the next update to force it to make a copy.

Shadowbane900
September 22nd, 2022, 07:56
Unable to generate Consumables I don't know if I'm missing something I'm trying to create a cure wounds potion using pathfinder 1e core rules

bmos
September 22nd, 2022, 15:10
Unable to generate Consumables I don't know if I'm missing something I'm trying to create a cure wounds potion using pathfinder 1e core rules
Update pushed to the Forge. Thanks for pointing out the issue!
https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/releases/tag/v1.11

pmeade3
November 15th, 2022, 05:37
Greetings bmos. Just started using this extension to help build items for a Pathfinder Adventure Path book. I could be misinterpreting a rule, or maybe it's a necessary limitation in the extension. But I'd like to check on something.

At one point in the book, players can get a +3 Defending Transformative Adamantine Longsword. Defending is a +1 Bonus special ability. Transformative isn't a + bonus, it's a flat cost of 10,000. It *is* listed in the chart for +4 or +5 abilities in Ultimate Equipment, but it is not a +4 or +5, it is a flat cost. I've looked around in Paizo forums, and it appears the consensus that RAW, a flat-cost ability does not count towards the +10 that a weapon or armor can have.

That being said, in trying to create the item, I'm getting the error "Special ability bonus is higher than +5"

Also, I think you can have special ability bonuses higher than +5, but the total Enhancement Bonus and Special Ability Bonus can't be more than +10.

bmos
November 15th, 2022, 12:40
Greetings bmos. Just started using this extension to help build items for a Pathfinder Adventure Path book. I could be misinterpreting a rule, or maybe it's a necessary limitation in the extension. But I'd like to check on something.

At one point in the book, players can get a +3 Defending Transformative Adamantine Longsword. Defending is a +1 Bonus special ability. Transformative isn't a + bonus, it's a flat cost of 10,000. It *is* listed in the chart for +4 or +5 abilities in Ultimate Equipment, but it is not a +4 or +5, it is a flat cost. I've looked around in Paizo forums, and it appears the consensus that RAW, a flat-cost ability does not count towards the +10 that a weapon or armor can have.

That being said, in trying to create the item, I'm getting the error "Special ability bonus is higher than +5"

Also, I think you can have special ability bonuses higher than +5, but the total Enhancement Bonus and Special Ability Bonus can't be more than +10.Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am pushing a fix for Transformative now and will look into the 5/10 limit later.

EDIT: There is already a total limit of 10 and a ability limit of 5. Should the ability limit be 9 or 5?

pmeade3
November 16th, 2022, 01:44
EDIT: There is already a total limit of 10 and a ability limit of 5. Should the ability limit be 9 or 5?

Maybe 9, as you have to at least have a +1 weapon before you add abilities.

pmeade3
November 16th, 2022, 16:53
I am pushing a fix for Transformative now and will look into the 5/10 limit later.

Thanks for the updates bmos!

pmeade3
November 16th, 2022, 22:29
Might be related to recent changes, but I've noticed that when attempting to create an Adamantine longsword, or masterwork longsword, I get the error that "Items with special abilities must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus." I'm not adding any special abilities. Just a material or Masterwork.

bmos
November 16th, 2022, 22:59
Might be related to recent changes, but I've noticed that when attempting to create an Adamantine longsword, or masterwork longsword, I get the error that "Items with special abilities must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus." I'm not adding any special abilities. Just a material or Masterwork.

Ah, I'll fix that. Thanks again.

Navigat0r
January 19th, 2023, 08:23
Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am making some mistake here, but I think the custom item generator may be miscalculating the price of some generated items (specifically those using special materials). Earlier today I attempted to generate a mithril breastplate. If I am not mistaken, the price should come out to 4200 GP (200 for breastplate, and 4000 for mithril used to make medium armor). However, the price shown on the generated item comes up as 15200 gp. I think this calculation might be based off of the price per pound for "other items." I decided to check other combinations in a new campaign with no other extensions. Most generated items seem to be fine (+1, flaming, etc). However special materials appear to have some issues. From what I can tell, sometimes the price is calculated by weight when it should not be, or the masterwork cost appears to be factored in even that doesn't need to be the case. Some of the calculations appear to be just wrong (see the gold greataxe in the accompanying picture).

bmos
January 19th, 2023, 13:17
Hello, I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am making some mistake here, but I think the custom item generator may be miscalculating the price of some generated items (specifically those using special materials). Earlier today I attempted to generate a mithril breastplate. If I am not mistaken, the price should come out to 4200 GP (200 for breastplate, and 4000 for mithril used to make medium armor). However, the price shown on the generated item comes up as 15200 gp. I think this calculation might be based off of the price per pound for "other items." I decided to check other combinations in a new campaign with no other extensions. Most generated items seem to be fine (+1, flaming, etc). However special materials appear to have some issues. From what I can tell, sometimes the price is calculated by weight when it should not be, or the masterwork cost appears to be factored in even that doesn't need to be the case. Some of the calculations appear to be just wrong (see the gold greataxe in the accompanying picture).Found the issue. There was a typo keeping subtype from being detected. I have pushed v1.13

Navigat0r
January 19th, 2023, 15:36
The mithral breastplate issue appears to be resolved. However, several other materials still seem to come up with odd prices. I did not test every single material but there appear to be some patterns. The first pattern is where there is a +x price for y item type price structure such as alchemical silver, blood crystal and bone. For example, a living steel greataxe (20 gp for greataxe, 500 gp for living steel weapon) results in a price of 820 gp. I am not sure if living steel weapons must also be masterwork and thus increase in price by 300 or not. This extra 300 also shows up for other materials in the same category. Aside from the extra 300, the price calculations appear to be correct. The next category is materials such as obsidian, stone, and gold that have a set fraction or multiple of weapon base price. These also seem to be a bit off, some by exactly 300 and some in a less predictable fashion. For example, a throwing axe (8 gp) made of stone (1/4 price) ends up coming out as 300.375 gp or gold battleaxe (10 gp x 10) becomes 400 gp. The last two I tested involved special materials that have different formulas based off the masterwork version of the item (darkwood and dragonhide). Both materials end up not factoring in the original item price in the final price - so a darkwood spear (10 gp/lb x 6 lbs + 300 gp masterwork cost + 2 gp original price) should be 362 gp but shows up as 360. I checked both of these against premade items using these materials that appear in the CRB/ultimate equipment with prices. Items that are "invalid" combinations all show up as 300 gp from what I can tell.

On a seperate note, dragonhide and darkwood both throw error messages when making the item. I thought this might be because I was creating "invalid" combinations but they show up even when making items that shouldn't violate the rules about darkwood not being used for metal items and so on.

bmos
January 21st, 2023, 02:48
The mithral breastplate issue appears to be resolved. However, several other materials still seem to come up with odd prices. I did not test every single material but there appear to be some patterns. The first pattern is where there is a +x price for y item type price structure such as alchemical silver, blood crystal and bone. For example, a living steel greataxe (20 gp for greataxe, 500 gp for living steel weapon) results in a price of 820 gp. I am not sure if living steel weapons must also be masterwork and thus increase in price by 300 or not. This extra 300 also shows up for other materials in the same category. Aside from the extra 300, the price calculations appear to be correct. The next category is materials such as obsidian, stone, and gold that have a set fraction or multiple of weapon base price. These also seem to be a bit off, some by exactly 300 and some in a less predictable fashion. For example, a throwing axe (8 gp) made of stone (1/4 price) ends up coming out as 300.375 gp or gold battleaxe (10 gp x 10) becomes 400 gp. The last two I tested involved special materials that have different formulas based off the masterwork version of the item (darkwood and dragonhide). Both materials end up not factoring in the original item price in the final price - so a darkwood spear (10 gp/lb x 6 lbs + 300 gp masterwork cost + 2 gp original price) should be 362 gp but shows up as 360. I checked both of these against premade items using these materials that appear in the CRB/ultimate equipment with prices. Items that are "invalid" combinations all show up as 300 gp from what I can tell.

On a seperate note, dragonhide and darkwood both throw error messages when making the item. I thought this might be because I was creating "invalid" combinations but they show up even when making items that shouldn't violate the rules about darkwood not being used for metal items and so on.

Pushed some fixes. I'm sure there are more issues, but I found quite a few. Mostly around cost calculation and adding material description+source text.
More to come.

Navigat0r
January 21st, 2023, 16:12
Pushed some fixes. I'm sure there are more issues, but I found quite a few. Mostly around cost calculation and adding material description+source text.
More to come.

Thank you for the updates, bmos :)

Asgurgolas
January 21st, 2023, 16:57
I think something's wrong with the forge... it doesn't actually do anything. I mean, it doesn't update the extension (altough it DOES say on the forge, it's been update today). I also tried deleting the file from my folder and re-update everything but nothing, it doesn't download it anew. Where should I go check?

bmos
January 21st, 2023, 17:02
I think something's wrong with the forge... it doesn't actually do anything. I mean, it doesn't update the extension (altough it DOES say on the forge, it's been update today). I also tried deleting the file from my folder and re-update everything but nothing, it doesn't download it anew. Where should I go check?First make sure you don't have a copy loaded in your extensions folder. If you do, remove it. If you don't, go into the vault folder and delete 463811bc-d550-11eb-8c52-0050562be458 and then update from the launcher. If that is what you have already done, make sure it is not disabled in your Forge Inventory https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/inventory. If that isn't it, you might have to check with SmiteWorks.

Asgurgolas
January 22nd, 2023, 12:05
Removed file from folder, removed 463811* from vault, it still doesn't download the new file. I'd check with smiteworks but have no idea where to look.

Extra: i tried moving the whole extension folder's content elsewhere and re-update everything. From 63 files, it only downloaded back 37 and most of the missing extensions are yours (pretty much all the "FG-PFRPG-anythingelse" and "FG-CoreRPG-whatever" files).

bmos
January 22nd, 2023, 15:30
Removed file from folder, removed 463811* from vault, it still doesn't download the new file. I'd check with smiteworks but have no idea where to look.

Extra: i tried moving the whole extension folder's content elsewhere and re-update everything. From 63 files, it only downloaded back 37 and most of the missing extensions are yours (pretty much all the "FG-PFRPG-anythingelse" and "FG-CoreRPG-whatever" files).None of my extensions should be in the extensions folder anyway, all of mine install to the vault. I'd try wiping out the vault folder and re-updating (be warned, this will use a fair bit of data). If that doesn't do it, check with Forge support either on the forums (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?129-The-House-of-Healing-Forge) or in the offical discord channel (https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/869307212869296138).

EDIT: I have heard from other users who just had to go into the Forge inventory and disable/re-enable an extension to fix updating issues.

Evilthorne
February 21st, 2023, 04:49

Also, I think you can have special ability bonuses higher than +5, but the total Enhancement Bonus and Special Ability Bonus can't be more than +10.

Thanks for all the support on this extension! Is there any more headway with the flat cost instead of bonus issue? I was trying to make a superarmor that is more flat bonus than + bonus and kept getting the "Special ability bonus is higher than +10" error.

Arimil508
February 21st, 2023, 05:44
Hi Bmos just wanted to let you know that weapon size is broken.
I tested it in a clean campaign.
the only one that works is medium.
all the others throw an error.
it creates an item but does not apply the size changes.

bmos
February 21st, 2023, 11:51
Hi Bmos just wanted to let you know that weapon size is broken.
I tested it in a clean campaign.
the only one that works is medium.
all the others throw an error.
it creates an item but does not apply the size changes.Thanks! What was the error?

bmos
February 21st, 2023, 11:51
kept getting the "Special ability bonus is higher than +10" error.Was it? Can you send a screenshot of what you were trying to do?

Arimil508
February 21st, 2023, 14:24
Here is a screenshot of the error.
The item i tried to make was a small longsword.
I used the item from the paizo core rulebook module.

Arimil508
February 21st, 2023, 15:01
here is the image of the settings i used

bmos
February 21st, 2023, 16:52
Here is a screenshot of the error.
The item i tried to make was a small longsword.
I used the item from the paizo core rulebook module.
56294Super helpful. Thank you. Will try to fix this soon.

Evilthorne
February 21st, 2023, 16:57

Here you go, I also included the screenshot from Herolab that the player used to generate the item in the first place. There was no Siccatite in the material used pull down so I just left it blank.

Thank you.

Urheil
February 22nd, 2023, 13:08

Here you go, I also included the screenshot from Herolab that the player used to generate the item in the first place. There was no Siccatite in the material used pull down so I just left it blank.

Thank you.

Hello,

for what i've seen :

+1 enhancement: +1
Delving: +3
Deathless: +1
Adhesive: +3
Energy resistance: +4
Burdenless: +1

4+3+3+1+1+1 = 13

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/

Evilthorne
February 22nd, 2023, 17:39
Hello,

for what i've seen :

+1 enhancement: +1
Delving: +3
Deathless: +1
Adhesive: +3
Energy resistance: +4
Burdenless: +1

4+3+3+1+1+1 = 13

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/

Although the general description in the rules leave much to be desired, here is a post from Sean Reynolds stating that the monetary bonuses do not count towards the enhancement bonuses of an item. IE you could have unlimited monetary bonuses after purchasing the +1 enhancement.

Urheil
February 22nd, 2023, 18:34
Although the general description in the rules leave much to be desired, here is a post from Sean Reynolds stating that the monetary bonuses do not count towards the enhancement bonuses of an item. IE you could have unlimited monetary bonuses after purchasing the +1 enhancement.

ok, but then, why the price in the +n bonus list? if it doesn't count as bonus, it doesn't make sense to be in that list.

it should be on a separate list with the +0 bonus ...

or am i missing something here?

bmos
February 22nd, 2023, 18:45
ok, but then, why the price in the +n bonus list? if it doesn't count as bonus, it doesn't make sense to be in that list.

it should be on a separate list with the +0 bonus ...

or am i missing something here?That list is not a paizo list. That list is d20pfsrd being "helpful."
Sean Reynolds is correct. I have queued a fix and will release along with the ruleset update that should likely be dropping in the next week.

pmeade3
February 22nd, 2023, 19:11
To be fair to Urheil, the bonuses (like Delving) ARE listed by Paizo in Ultimate Equipment in the various +1 through +5 tables (Delving being in the +3 list). They're listed with a specific price, instead of "+3 bonus" (for example), under the Base Price column. d20pfsrd just replicated those tables. aonprd has them all listed in one long chart.

As for Urheil's question about why they're listed in such a way, rather than their own +0 table, it's likely to either show relative power, or for GM's to include them in such a way to restrict access to crafting. Granted, just the price itself *should* limit lower-level crafters from accessing the abilities. But, if it were a "+0" ability, you could theoretically have an extremely rich LVL 3 crafter make a +1 Energy Resistance, Greater set of armor. That is likely not the intent of the game developers, so that ability is listed in the +5 table, to indicate that a crafter should be LVL 15 before they can enchant that ability in the armor. Even though that ability doesn't count towards the overall +10 limit of an item.

Urheil
February 22nd, 2023, 19:24
To be fair to Urheil, the bonuses (like Delving) ARE listed by Paizo in Ultimate Equipment in the various +1 through +5 tables (Delving being in the +3 list). They're listed with a specific price, instead of "+3 bonus" (for example), under the Base Price column. d20pfsrd just replicated those tables. aonprd has them all listed in one long chart.

As for Urheil's question about why they're listed in such a way, rather than their own +0 table, it's likely to either show relative power, or for GM's to include them in such a way to restrict access to crafting. Granted, just the price itself *should* limit lower-level crafters from accessing the abilities. But, if it were a "+0" ability, you could theoretically have an extremely rich LVL 3 crafter make a +1 Energy Resistance, Greater set of armor. That is likely not the intent of the game developers, so that ability is listed in the +5 table, to indicate that a crafter should be LVL 15 before they can enchant that ability in the armor. Even though that ability doesn't count towards the overall +10 limit of an item.

That's something I can understand, thanks for sharing!

That list is not a paizo list. That list is d20pfsrd being "helpful."
Sean Reynolds is correct. I have queued a fix and will release along with the ruleset update that should likely be dropping in the next week.

I didn't doubt Sean Reynolds is correct, it's just sometimes it's difficult for me to understand why some things got so complicated when they are able to do it more simple.

bmos
February 22nd, 2023, 19:27
it's difficult for me to understand why some things got so complicated when they are able to do it more simple.I definitely agree with you there!

Evilthorne
February 23rd, 2023, 03:35

Yes to further add to everyones posts, yes I agree, it is a strange way to list this. Three of us agreed that we were all misunderstanding it. After much google kung fu we came to this post. I would prefer to stick with the regular bonus but oh well.

That list is not a paizo list. That list is d20pfsrd being "helpful."

Thank you BMOS! keep up the great work.

bmos
February 23rd, 2023, 12:02

I should note that there are a lot of inaccuracies in the data set (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/blob/main/script/magic_item_generator_data.lua) used for this extension. They were entered before my time and I haven't exhaustively corrected it. Each update usually includes a few more fixes. Quite a few in this case.

Evilthorne
February 25th, 2023, 00:05
Looking at the link you posted that description has siccatite in it. Just wondering if you added that to it after the fact or if I need to have the shards of sin or another item to access that?

bmos
February 25th, 2023, 03:32
Looking at the link you posted that description has siccatite in it. Just wondering if you added that to it after the fact or if I need to have the shards of sin or another item to access that?

Yup, added that in yesterday's update :)

bmos
February 26th, 2024, 16:24
This extension needs a bunch of work.

First and foremost, to keep it working after the upcoming ruleset updates, a UI redesign was needed. I have just pushed the first build of that to the test channel: https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Customized-Item-Generator/releases/tag/v2.0-rc.1
Included with this I have rewritten and restructured the code for creating consumable magic items.

Secondary to that, a number of bugs have been brought up with the item creation code (which I inherited from the creator of this extension).
I'm not sure whether this will be ready in time for the ruleset release in March, but it's coming. If the ruleset drops first I will release the UI redesign with the old back-end for item creation (with all its bugs).