PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder

rmilmine
May 13th, 2020, 03:53
This is a port of the 5E extension that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)

It may have bugs. I've tried to clean it up as much as possible. It may not be compatible with some of Kelrugem's extensions. I've talked with him and he is looking at making some changes to make them compatible.

Basically it allows for you to attach effects to PCs, NPCs and Items. When a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker it adds the attached effects to the character in the combat tracker.

With items the effects will be applied to the character in the combat tracker when the item is equipped.
If you select Action Only in the effect editor it will apply the effect only when the item that added the effect is used.

After much testing of these effects I would suggest that you don't overload it with too many effects at once as it will bog down. only equip the items you are currently using.

The latest version is v1.1.2.

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2020, 11:46
Thanks a lot :) I am looking forward to the extension, and when I find time then I look over it for compatibility :)

damned
May 13th, 2020, 12:13
This is a port of the 5E extension that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)

It may have bugs. I've tried to clean it up as much as possible. It may not be compatible with some of Kelrugem's extensions. I've talked with him and he is looking at making some changes to make them compatible.

Basically it allows for you to attach effects to PCs, NPCs and Items. When a PC or NPC is added to the combat tracker it adds the attached effects to the character in the combat tracker.
I still need to clean up the editor window, but if you type in the effect you want in the default text box it will work.
With items the effects will be applied to the character in the combat tracker when the item is equipped.
After much testing of these effects I would suggest that you don't overload it with too many effects at once as it will bog down. only equip the items you are currently using.

Please do make sure that you have the original authors permission too please.

rmilmine
May 15th, 2020, 04:39
I updated the extension attachment.

The following was changed:
The options in the effects editor for creating an effect should now all be working.
It does not include all possible options but includes several.

rmilmine
May 15th, 2020, 21:29
Missed removing a Debug command. The offending command is now gone.

mozmonar
May 15th, 2020, 21:47
I can confirm this does not work with Kel's extensions. It doesn't break anything that I can see but it doesn't actually parse effects added via the item.

In my specific case was testing adding an effect that would add sneak attack damage when the target is flat footed

If you have a generic effect on the character

Sneak Attack; IFT: CUSTOM (Flat-footed); DMG: 1d6 precision it fires if the target has Flat-footed in its effects.

If you have it on the weapon it never fires the 1d6 precision roll.

UPDATE: Actually it does work but only if you have Action only unchecked

rmilmine
May 15th, 2020, 22:05
I can confirm this does not work with Kel's extensions. It doesn't break anything that I can see but it doesn't actually parse effects added via the item.

In my specific case was testing adding an effect that would add sneak attack damage when the target is flat footed

If you have a generic effect on the character

Sneak Attack; IFT: CUSTOM (Flat-footed); DMG: 1d6 precision it fires if the target has Flat-footed in its effects.

If you have it on the weapon it never fires the 1d6 precision roll.

Just to make sure. You have the weapon equipped? This is the only time it puts the effect in the combat tracker for items.
Also, do you have Action Only checked? This should be ignored if you have Kel's extensions loaded.
If they aren't loaded and Action Only is checked, it should only fire off the weapons effect if the weapon is being used.

mozmonar
May 15th, 2020, 22:27
Yeah it was the Action only thing.

Kelrugem
May 15th, 2020, 22:48
Yes, surely there are some incompatibilities :) I will look over them whenever I have time (or when you want :D rmilmine gladly has already sent me some suggestions :) )

mozmonar
May 15th, 2020, 22:58
I think we have established you don't want me monkeying around in your extensions ;)

Kelrugem
May 15th, 2020, 23:11
I think we have established you don't want me monkeying around in your extensions ;)

;) One does always make mistakes at the beginning (and later on; always :D) You do not want to know how bad sometimes my prototypes were before I released them :D

bmos
May 21st, 2020, 04:17
There are UI issues, but this works usably well in Unity!

The automatic effect generator (the part that allows you to set the effects without knowing the code) isn't showing up all the way.
The effects list on the combat tab of the player-character sheet didn't show the effects at first, but is now working fine.
There is an error when I delete players from the combat tracker.

Nothing game-breaking! I'm not asking for fixes, just letting people know they have a chance :)

rmilmine
May 21st, 2020, 23:17
Good to know thanks.
I currently do not have FGU, my license is through steam, so I'm waiting for it to be available on steam to get the upgrade.

ttritten
May 28th, 2020, 12:02
Hey all....
Love this extension.
However, I'm getting a weird error when I try to move an Encounter into the CT:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_AE.lua"]:716: attempt to call field 'updateNPCSpells' (a nil value)

The encounter is just 4 NPCs, and when I have the extension unchecked, all 4 move in fine and show up on the map where they are supposed to be.
If I have the extension checked, it only adds 1 of the NPCs to the CT, throws the above error, and doesn't place them on the map.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!

rmilmine
May 28th, 2020, 14:33
It's definitely within my code. Do any of the NPCs have effects on them?
Do any of the NPCs have spells?

Could you make a module with just the NPCs and the encounter in it and post it here?
That way I can try adding them myself and see where the code breaks.

Thanks.

rmilmine
May 28th, 2020, 14:51
No need to post a file. I was able to replicate the problem. Working on a fix right now.

rmilmine
May 28th, 2020, 14:56
I've updated the extension to fix a bug with adding NPCs. It should now add them properly.
The first post now has version 1.1.2 posted to it.

ttritten
May 28th, 2020, 15:17
Thank you so much!

ttritten
June 7th, 2020, 13:59
TT here....one more question about this extension:

When I am logged into a campaign and I try to use this extension, when I try to add the effect to the Character itself, via the Advanced Effects box on the Combat tab, everything works perfectly. The effect is there, when I move the character to the CT, the effect shows up, just like you would expect.
However, I would like the players I am running in my campaign to be able to set their own effects up in the sheets through the Manage Characters option in FG.
If I have the extension enabled, when I go into manager my character, the Advanced Effects box appears and it allows me to start adding something. However, when I go to input the numeric bonus said effect might have, it won't let me type a number in that field, nor will it save the effect.
Is this intended or am I doing something incorrectly.
Thanks in advance!

rmilmine
June 7th, 2020, 15:21
TT here....one more question about this extension:

When I am logged into a campaign and I try to use this extension, when I try to add the effect to the Character itself, via the Advanced Effects box on the Combat tab, everything works perfectly. The effect is there, when I move the character to the CT, the effect shows up, just like you would expect.
However, I would like the players I am running in my campaign to be able to set their own effects up in the sheets through the Manage Characters option in FG.
If I have the extension enabled, when I go into manager my character, the Advanced Effects box appears and it allows me to start adding something. However, when I go to input the numeric bonus said effect might have, it won't let me type a number in that field, nor will it save the effect.
Is this intended or am I doing something incorrectly.
Thanks in advance!
Which particular effect type are we talking about?

Blahness98
June 7th, 2020, 15:54
The character manager is just that, a manager. Most likely this extension requires an actual campaign in order to properly store and recognize the advanced effects. The character manager is just a stripped down version of a campaign without a CT or anything GM related. You might have to wait for Kelrugem to confirm though.

Kelrugem
June 7th, 2020, 15:59
The character manager is just that, a manager. Most likely this extension requires an actual campaign in order to properly store and recognize the advanced effects. The character manager is just a stripped down version of a campaign without a CT or anything GM related. You might have to wait for Kelrugem to confirm though.

I can confirm that one should not expect that extensions work in the manager :) Since the character manager gets deprecated in FGU I would not get used to it, it improves in FGU (players can start own campaigns with own extensions and can save data, just hosting might not work when just demo version, but one can manage characters in that way) :)

PS: Though here it is about rlmilmine's extension :p :D The name of this extension is just a bit too similar to my extension :D But in general it holds for all extensions that it is a bit hit&miss whether an extension works there in the manager, I think

ttritten
June 7th, 2020, 16:06
Thanks everyone! I think I have a path forward now...
:)

rmilmine
June 7th, 2020, 19:22
Yeah, it should have been called Advanced effects manager or just effects manager. I kept the name similar to the one it was based off of in 5E.
I just loaded the character manager and the character sheet doesn't have the edit button for the list. So I would think it can't be edited with the way the extension is currently made. As I recall there were limits put on what players are allowed to change.

Kelrugem
June 7th, 2020, 19:29
Yeah, it should have been called Advanced effects manager or just effects manager. I kept the name similar to the one it was based off of in 5E.

No worries :)

PS: Oh, with the hit&miss above I meant the usability of all extensions in the character manager by the way :) (not that it is a hit&miss whether your extension works in general; hopefully you didn't misunderstand that and didn't take it personal :D Not that I think you took it personal, but I just realized that one can easily misunderstand what I wrote there :D)

rmilmine
June 8th, 2020, 01:29
No worries :)

PS: Oh, with the hit&miss above I meant the usability of all extensions in the character manager by the way :) (not that it is a hit&miss whether your extension works in general; hopefully you didn't misunderstand that and didn't take it personal :D Not that I think you took it personal, but I just realized that one can easily misunderstand what I wrote there :D)

Didn't even notice. :)

ttritten
June 15th, 2020, 14:24
Good morning...me again. :)

So, I have character in my game that has Trapfinding as a Rogue.
What I am trying to do is to get the +1 bonus to Disable Device to automatically apply as a result of them having that Trait.
I was trying to use the "Advanced Effects" capabilities this Extension provides and I'm not sure I am doing it correctly.

On the Combat Tab of the PC's sheet, at the bottom in the Advanced Effects section, when I go to add this new effect, the only options that appear under the "Type" window are Save, Ability, Susceptibility, Miscellaneous, Label Only, and -. If I choose Misc, the only options I have are AC, Attack, Damage, Heal, and Initiative.
So, I guess I would either enter it under " - ", or Label Only. What exactly is " - "?
Also, I just want to confirm that the syntax for this would be "SKILL:1,Disable Device", correct?
Thanks for any assistance!
:)

bmos
June 15th, 2020, 21:13
What exactly is " - "?
That allows you to type your own effect rather than relying on the (very cool) UI which doesn't give you all the possible options (which is why you don't see a skill option).
The syntax you want is actually "SKILL: 1 disable device" (without the quotes).

ttritten
June 15th, 2020, 21:14
Excellent! Thank you.

rmilmine
June 16th, 2020, 10:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

The above link is a really good resource for how to build effects.

Kelrugem
June 16th, 2020, 14:40
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

The above link is a really good resource for how to build effects.

The new wiki is even better: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects :) It is slightly more updated, there are more effects listed like DMGSTYPE, healthy and so on :) the old wiki will be probably deprecated at some point, so, better to use the new wiki (and the effects are completely the same in FGU)

ttritten
June 29th, 2020, 15:02
Hi again!
Trying to use an Effect to apply the stealth bonus a character gets from wearing a Cloak of Elvenkind...

I'm attaching the effect directly to the item so that when she equips it, the bonus is applied to her stealth rolls.

However, it is supposed to be a Competence bonus and when I use "SKILL: 5 stealth competence" it doesn't work.
If I remove the "competence" and just use "SKILL:5 stealth" it works like a champ.
Am I doing something wrong, or does the "type" of bonus not work with items?

Thanks.

tahl_liadon
June 29th, 2020, 20:43
@ttritten -- really good question and glad you posted it.

i don't think fg is coded to work that way, as i myself have tried similar, like e.g. "save: 2 will morale"

but who knows: we both could be missing something in how the syntax works for this.

ttritten
June 29th, 2020, 20:48
Just figured it out....I had the syntax backwards. It should have read "SKILL: 5 competence stealth".
Now it works.

Kelrugem
June 29th, 2020, 21:01
@ttritten -- really good question and glad you posted it.

i don't think fg is coded to work that way, as i myself have tried similar, like e.g. "save: 2 will morale"

but who knows: we both could be missing something in how the syntax works for this.

It is SAVE: 2 morale, will :)

tahl_liadon
June 29th, 2020, 21:04
no way! awesome.

learned something new today. thx

Asgurgolas
July 1st, 2020, 12:47
Oh, I can't believe I didn't notice this one! *waits patiently for more compatibilities*

bmos
July 1st, 2020, 15:32
EDIT: I was wrong, there are worse incompatibilities than I thought.

Asgurgolas
July 1st, 2020, 21:31
so it's compatibile with Kelrugem's extensions huh... Then I definitely will try it out in a moment (as soon as I get time)

Trying to set a bane weapon but it doesn't recognize it if I set it as "action only"

Kelrugem
July 2nd, 2020, 19:26
There are some incompatibilities, but rmilmine was aware of that, and as far as I know their extension turns off some features when my extensions are loaded to avoid upcoming error messages :) I have hopefully soon some time to look at that :) (because I want to use this extension, too, when I start running games again :D)

Asgurgolas
July 2nd, 2020, 21:04
*keeps the extension in reserve, looking forward for that <3*

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:41
@rmilmine,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

Zygmunt Molotch
July 22nd, 2020, 16:11
is this compatible with the Advanced effects from Kel, and/or does it do the same thing, with such similar naming, it's hard to guess

bmos
July 22nd, 2020, 16:15
is this compatible with the Advanced effects from Kel, and/or does it do the same thing, with such similar naming, it's hard to guess

It does totally different things and has partial compatibility.
Very useful extension!

Zygmunt Molotch
July 22nd, 2020, 16:24
ah, yes, RTFM, good shout, naming should change however, one could load/not load the wrong one by accident

bmos
July 22nd, 2020, 16:33
ah, yes, RTFM, good shout, naming should change however, one could load/not load the wrong one by accidentCan confirm, I do it pretty often.
rmilmine and Kelrugem actually talked about it a few pages back, IIRC.

rmilmine
July 23rd, 2020, 02:00
I tried to keep the same name that the original extension this was based off of, from 5e. That is the only reason it has the name it has.

Kelrugem
July 23rd, 2020, 03:23
I tried to keep the same name that the original extension this was based off of, from 5e. That is the only reason it has the name it has.

Hehe, no worries :) I was not aware of Celestian's extension (though my extension has not the "effect" tag in its name, so, roughly-speaking it is different :D)

By the way, I implemented now your suggested changes, but our extensions are still not completely compatible sadly. I think the reason is that both of our extensions overwrite parts of the EffectsManager35E. For full compatibility it may be needed to implement my EffectManager stuff into your extension; whenever I have time again I try to look at this and send you a solution. In the worst case I may need to make a combined version, if you allow me to :) (but that needs time since I am still fully in my thesis now again)

mozmonar
August 1st, 2020, 04:56
There was a small typo in the strings/strings.xml file of this extension. I was tipped off by the following warning in the FGU console at start up...

[WARNING] string: Must have a name attribute. ]Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder] [strings/strings.xml]

In the strings.xml file the line <string name="check">Check</string> instead had <string bane="check">Check</string>

rmilmine
September 4th, 2020, 03:16
Hehe, no worries :) I was not aware of Celestian's extension (though my extension has not the "effect" tag in its name, so, roughly-speaking it is different :D)

By the way, I implemented now your suggested changes, but our extensions are still not completely compatible sadly. I think the reason is that both of our extensions overwrite parts of the EffectsManager35E. For full compatibility it may be needed to implement my EffectManager stuff into your extension; whenever I have time again I try to look at this and send you a solution. In the worst case I may need to make a combined version, if you allow me to :) (but that needs time since I am still fully in my thesis now again)

If you would like to take this over and integrate it into your extensions I'm fine with that.

Kelrugem
September 4th, 2020, 10:28
If you would like to take this over and integrate it into your extensions I'm fine with that.

cool, thanks :) But that will still take a lot of months, I only have time for that after my thesis (maybe) :)

tahl_liadon
November 14th, 2020, 19:28
It is SAVE: 2 morale, will :)

ran into a case scenario: "+2 competence bonus on dexterity based skills checks" -- so would it be written like this?

SKILL: 2 competence, acrobatics, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth;

is there better way? thx

Kelrugem
November 14th, 2020, 22:19
ran into a case scenario: "+2 competence bonus on dexterity based skills checks" -- so would it be written like this?

SKILL: 2 competence, acrobatics, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth;

is there better way? thx

Hm, I do not think that there is a better way than listing all skills sadly :)

tahl_liadon
November 14th, 2020, 22:42
sadly lol thx

dllewell
November 15th, 2020, 16:32

is there better way? thx

You can use the ability name instead of each skill name. Note that you have to spell out the full ability name, no abbreviations. Try this -

SKILL: 2 competence, dexterity;

Kelrugem
November 15th, 2020, 16:39
You can use the ability name instead of each skill name. Note that you have to spell out the full ability name, no abbreviations. Try this -

ah, nice, thanks :) I completely forgot that possibility :)

tahl_liadon
November 15th, 2020, 17:17
Try this -

noice! thx

swest
December 2nd, 2020, 23:28
Greetings,

Since this thread is about Effects and such, rather than open a whole new thread for my question I'll just ask it here. You guys have been thinking a lot about Effects, so you probably know the answer off the top of your head.

I find a Modifier for Saves, called... wait for it: SAVE. But, what about the kinds of Saves? In other words, why are there not the following Modifiers: WILL, FORT, CON (or CONS)?

Thanks!

- s.west

bmos
December 2nd, 2020, 23:31
Greetings,

Since this thread is about Effects and such, rather than open a whole new thread for my question I'll just ask it here. You guys have been thinking a lot about Effects, so you probably know the answer off the top of your head.

I find a Modifier for Saves, called... wait for it: SAVE. But, what about the kinds of Saves? In other words, why are there not the following Modifiers: WILL, FORT, CON (or CONS)?

Thanks!

- s.westUnlike ability score bonuses like STR and DEX where the thing being increased is the name of the effect, saves are increased by a single effect with different tags after the bonus "SAVE: 2 will" (or whatever type you want). Also you can write it as "SAVE: 2 enhancement,will" if you want to give it a type (so that multiple bonuses stack correctly).
If you're learning about effects for PFRPG/3.5E, this will help a lot (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950877/PFRPG+and+3.5E+Effects).
The examples here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library)should also be very informative.

Sudain
December 28th, 2020, 01:32
Posting so I'll get an update if/when someone works on this integration. Stay awesome, and thank you all for your hard and diligent work! :D

ScribblingRambler
January 17th, 2021, 18:22
Hi all,
I hope this is an appropriate place to share this.
Here are a few effects I have added to the custom list.

Augment Summoning; CON: 4 enhancement; STR: 4 enhancement (note that this will not update hp based on Con)
Bane Weapon; ATK:2; DMG: 2+2d6
Bleeding; DMGO # (replace the # with a set number or dice expression)
Celestial (HD 1-4); RESIST:5 cold; RESIST:5 acid; RESIST:5 electricity
Celestial (HD 5-10); RESIST:10 cold; RESIST:10 acid; RESIST:10 electricity; DR: 5/evil
Celestial (HD 11+); RESIST:15 cold; RESIST:15 acid; RESIST:15 electricity; DR: 10/evil
Fiendish (HD 1-4); RESIST:5 cold; RESIST:5 fire
Fiendish (HD 5-10); RESIST:10 cold; RESIST:10 fire; DR: 5/good
Fiendish (HD 11+); RESIST:15 cold; RESIST:15 fire; DR: 10/good

I also expand Inspire Courage based on bardic level.

Thanks to all the hard work of folks who have submitted content, and I hope this post helps somebody.

bmos
January 18th, 2021, 21:22
Hi all,
I hope this is an appropriate place to share this.
Here are a few effects I have added to the custom list.

Thanks to all the hard work of folks who have submitted content, and I hope this post helps somebody.That might be more helpful as a suggestion here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63037-gm-tool-recurring-effects-monsters-and-(n)pc-abilities-(spoiler-alert)).
This thread is for an extension that changes how effects work.

TWolli
March 12th, 2021, 21:20
I have the latest FGU version and there are unfortunately constantly error messages with the extension. Will there be another update of this?

damned
March 12th, 2021, 21:54
You might try having players flush cache and see if that fixes it.

bmos
March 13th, 2021, 22:29
This has not been updated to handle the new feb 16th update.
I'm planning to do it myself when I finish my upcoming Total Encumbrance work. At that time I will also bring over any new improvements from the original extension.

bmos
March 22nd, 2021, 18:18
Advanced Effects v1.2-beta (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/) now available for testing.

I have tried to better document the code changes so Kelrugem can integrate it into FullOverlayPackage easier (if that's still the plan).

Kelrugem
March 22nd, 2021, 19:03
Advanced Effects v1.2-beta (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/) now available for testing.

I have tried to better document the code changes so Kelrugem can integrate it into FullOverlayPackage easier (if that's still the plan).

cool, thanks :) Yes, it is somewhen the plan; though I plan to rewrite effects a bit for better performance, also in order to integrate that :) (a little bit what Trenloe already did in PF2 with effect tracking in the sheet for example, extending on that; also for a later support of Aura and global effects etc. :) But until I worked that out it can take a while :D)

bmos
March 22nd, 2021, 20:23
Advanced Effects v1.2 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/) is done (I think) :)
Let me know if anything doesn't seem to work correctly and what extensions it's not compatible with.

TWolli
March 23rd, 2021, 00:57
I have loaded the FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects.ext into FGU, but unfortunately I can't find out how to use it. Can you explain this briefly please?
With the extension I wanted to generate a Potion (Cure Light Wounds) with whose effect I can directly heal d8+1 HP. But only found out how to give someone attributes, saves and so on. I could not find healing effects.

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 01:47
I have loaded the FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects.ext into FGU, but unfortunately I can't find out how to use it. Can you explain this briefly please?
With the extension I wanted to generate a Potion (Cure Light Wounds) with whose effect I can directly heal d8+1 HP. But only found out how to give someone attributes, saves and so on. I could not find healing effects.

Potions, Scrolls, Wands are handled in this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57819-Advanced-Character-Iventory-Manager-for-3-5E-and-Pathfinder

Advanced Effects is for adding combat tracker effects to items, characters, or NPCs. You can see how it works here: https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/blob/main/README.md

TWolli
March 23rd, 2021, 08:45
Thank you very much!

Asgurgolas
March 23rd, 2021, 16:26
Advanced Effects v1.2 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/) is done (I think) :)
Let me know if anything doesn't seem to work correctly and what extensions it's not compatible with.

got it and tested... but then I realized it's probably made for the "post-update version" so that would explain the errors XD I'll wait some more, but in the meantime this extension is already sitting in my folder :p

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 16:46
got it and tested... but then I realized it's probably made for the "post-update version" so that would explain the errors XD I'll wait some more, but in the meantime this extension is already sitting in my folder :pIt's definitely meant for current builds of FG. If you want to use it with pre-feb-16th rulesets, you can download the version in the first post. Neither works with Kel's extension.
Almost all the new updates I've come out with since Feb require the current version of FG.

Asgurgolas
March 23rd, 2021, 17:22
Neither works with Kel's extension.

then nevermind (for now <.<) *cries in a corner*

sadgett
April 10th, 2021, 18:46
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The "action only" option seems not to be working. I enable it for an equipped weapon in FGC and it doesn't apply the effect to the roll. See screen shots...

bmos
April 10th, 2021, 19:47
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The "action only" option seems not to be working. I enable it for an equipped weapon in FGC and it doesn't apply the effect to the roll. See screen shots...

45625I'm pretty sure this never got implemented when rmilmine first ported it over, but I could be wrong.
I'll look into getting it working.

Zygmunt Molotch
April 17th, 2021, 10:56
just confirming whats the current clashing/incompatibility with Kel's FullOverlay, if any? now

bmos
April 17th, 2021, 12:31
just confirming whats the current clashing/incompatibility with Kel's FullOverlay, if any? nowNo clue; it's not been updated for Feb 16th changes so I am not using it. I think the plan is to integrate it into Kelrugem's extension at some point in the future, but updates come first!

Zygmunt Molotch
April 18th, 2021, 06:06
No clue; it's not been updated for Feb 16th changes so I am not using it. I think the plan is to integrate it into Kelrugem's extension at some point in the future, but updates come first!

me neither

was just excited at the possibility :D

#backburner

Kelrugem
April 18th, 2021, 13:00
Yeah, I want to "integrate" it, which means that I actually want to do it different :D I want to make the effects' system a bit more context-sensitive to improve performance, maybe with some nice gimmicks to improve readability of effects etc. :) (also with the idea to make my own AURA stuff since I am not so "happy" about the existing solutions)

With that I want to say, it will take a while, especially because there is also the skill roll stuff for the actions tab which got often requested :) (and my life is still very busy :D)

Urheil
May 5th, 2021, 20:58
Hi all, sorry, Second attempt (first one in the wrong forum)

I'm in 4.0.10 Ultimate version of fgu.
I've created a clean campaign with only the Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder
<name>Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder</name>
<version>1.1.2</version>
Now, when a Character confronts an NPC, some of the weapons show without the damage (and show a bunch of errors), but when i disable the extension it works well.

Is it a new error?
Am I doing something wrong?

Kelrugem
May 5th, 2021, 21:00
Hi all, sorry, Second attempt (first one in the wrong forum)

I'm in 4.0.10 Ultimate version of fgu.
I've created a clean campaign with only the Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder
<name>Advanced Effects for 3.5E and Pathfinder</name>
<version>1.1.2</version>
Now, when a Character confronts an NPC, some of the weapons show without the damage (and show a bunch of errors), but when i disable the extension it works well.

Is it a new error?
Am I doing something wrong?

This extension is not compatible anymore with FG :) (since February I think)

Urheil
May 5th, 2021, 21:07
Just tried the 1.2 beta version in combination with the custom item generator and worked great!

Kelrugem
May 5th, 2021, 21:12
Just tried the 1.2 beta version in combination with the custom item generator and worked great!

ah, yeah, bmos has updated it :D Glad you found it :)

bmos
July 19th, 2021, 23:35
Latest version now available on FantasyGrounds Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view)

Zarestia
August 28th, 2021, 20:20
Hey, the extension works like a charm and eases my life and that of my players.

Is it possible to add these things for the graphical cycler interface (like AC, saves, etc.)?

- Damage Reduction
- Skills

bmos
August 28th, 2021, 20:45
Hey, the extension works like a charm and eases my life and that of my players.

Is it possible to add these things for the graphical cycler interface (like AC, saves, etc.)?

- Damage Reduction
- Skills

Good suggestions! I rarely use those (because I'm so used to writing effects myself), so I'm sure they could use attention.

dellanx
October 10th, 2021, 21:19
I was able to activate this extension, but found that I could not get the effects to work.

Like:
Holy; IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMG: 2d6 good, melee

or ANY other did not work on the characters.

Will try it in a blank campaign.

Did not work, not sure what I am doing wrong. I can enter the effect, but it does not roll it.

dellanx
October 11th, 2021, 22:25
Not working in a clean campaign, only extension laded. My House settings look different.

bmos
October 11th, 2021, 22:46
Not working in a clean campaign, only extension laded. My House settings look different.

Is the longbow equipped?

Asgurgolas
October 12th, 2021, 03:40
Somehow the "Action only" option doesn't work well for conditionals that look at others in general (such as "IFT: TYPE") while it DOES work for "IF" (or, when the condition regards the wielder)

It's sad because it'd be awesome for scripting bane weapons >.<

bmos
October 12th, 2021, 12:18
Somehow the "Action only" option doesn't work well for conditionals that look at others in general (such as "IFT: TYPE") while it DOES work for "IF" (or, when the condition regards the wielder)

It's sad because it'd be awesome for scripting bane weapons >.<Interesting! I'll take a look at that.

EDIT:
Advanced Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57817-Advanced-Effects-for-3-5E-and-Pathfinder) v1.6 (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/tag/v1.6)
* Many code changes, hopefully will improve speed and reliability.
* Potential fix for reported issues with conditionals (as required by bane weapons).
Click here to see raw code changes (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/compare/v1.5-hotfix.1...v1.6)

Asgurgolas
October 13th, 2021, 02:19
*tries it out*

Nope :(

dellanx
October 13th, 2021, 02:55
Is the longbow equipped?

Yes

bmos
October 13th, 2021, 11:48
*tries it out*

Nope :(

Are you using it with other extensions perhaps?
Because it's definitely working all by itself.

bmos
October 13th, 2021, 12:08
YesSame question as Asgurgolas then. Any other extensions?
If not, could you zip up the campaign and send it to me? Or try in an otherwise blank test campaign first?

Asgurgolas
October 13th, 2021, 23:31
Wait, I just noticed the forge didn't update the extension (I still had the file from like, last year).. I deleted the file and re-updated it and now it looks like it works :D I love you all <3

bmos
October 13th, 2021, 23:47
Wait, I just noticed the forge didn't update the extension (I still had the file from like, last year).. I deleted the file and re-updated it and now it looks like it works :D I love you all <3
Yes, when updating from Forge you should remove all prior versions of the extension. Glad it's working :)

Asgurgolas
October 13th, 2021, 23:55
My party recently got their hand on a ranger NPC wielding two weapons: a bane one and a hunting one :D now it's so much easier to handle *__*

dellanx
October 14th, 2021, 00:03
Are you using it with other extensions perhaps?
Because it's definitely working all by itself.

Tried with only that extension loaded, but effect does not show up in combat tacker.

Thanks

bmos
October 14th, 2021, 00:04
My party recently got their hand on a ranger NPC wielding two weapons: a bane one and a hunting one :D now it's so much easier to handle *__*
Nice! It's pretty cool how much you can do with this extension really.
I like to assign all magic item effects to the items. This way you can change magic items by just equipping/unequipping them (and the effects change automatically).

Asgurgolas
October 14th, 2021, 03:44
I like to assign all magic item effects to the items. This way you can change magic items by just equipping/unequipping them (and the effects change automatically).

That's exactly what I do and why I love this :D

dellanx
October 14th, 2021, 23:23

I see what you mean about selecting the item. The effects are added and they work, but getting a new error. Heheh added 10d6 damage

bmos
October 14th, 2021, 23:53
I see what you mean about selecting the item. The effects are added and they work, but getting a new error. Heheh added 10d6 damage

You're using an old version of Enhanced Items.
It's available on Forge now, so just delete the version from /extensions and install from Forge.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/51/view

In fact it looks like you still have an old version of Item Durability also.
So just check all your extensions for updates and ideally subscribe to them via Forge (removing them from extensions folder first).

dellanx
October 15th, 2021, 00:25
You're using an old version of Enhanced Items.
It's available on Forge now, so just delete the version from /extensions and install from Forge.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/51/view

In fact it looks like you still have an old version of Item Durability also.
So just check all your extensions for updates and ideally subscribe to them via Forge (removing them from extensions folder first).

I did, not sure why I am getting the same error.

dellanx
October 15th, 2021, 00:48
bmos, Thanks. It was an old item in inventory, that was not compatible with new extensions.

BushViper
December 6th, 2021, 21:38
Nm. Bad info.

The Judge
December 8th, 2021, 20:03
Trying out first time using, looks impressive.
Belt of Giant Strength +2
Added effect on Weapon STR: +2 enhancement
Equipped weapon
Rolled STR check, Melee Attack, CMB, and Strength skill, and all showed a positive in the resulting output as the extension suggests.

However, the character record sheet in the Inventory Tab does not properly reflect any changes to Carry Capacity
I realize this mod only affects the combat tracker, but I thought I would mention this to others in case anyone else had an idea on how to make it function or a workaround other than not using this feature on Strength modification effects. Currently I have tried using a negative in the weight column for this inventory item to offset weight, but it will not recognize the negative number.

An effect from a potion of Bears Strength though not as long-lasting has similar effects, and failures.

bmos
December 8th, 2021, 20:34
Trying out first time using, looks impressive.
Belt of Giant Strength +2
Added effect on Weapon STR: +2 enhancement
Equipped weapon
Rolled STR check, Melee Attack, CMB, and Strength skill, and all showed a positive in the resulting output as the extension suggests.

However, the character record sheet in the Inventory Tab does not properly reflect any changes to Carry Capacity
I realize this mod only affects the combat tracker, but I thought I would mention this to others in case anyone else had an idea on how to make it function or a workaround other than not using this feature on Strength modification effects. Currently I have tried using a negative in the weight column for this inventory item to offset weight, but it will not recognize the negative number.

An effect from a potion of Bears Strength though not as long-lasting has similar effects, and failures.Careful using that with belt of giant strength since effects only act as temporary bonuses and that item provides a permanent bonus.
Unless you're playing 3.5E in which case you're fine. To add permanent bonuses to pathfinder, try this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61371-PFRPG-Ability-Drain-and-Permanent-Bonuses) (although be careful with stacking).
Either way, you might want this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68289-PFRPG-3-5E-Encumbrance-Extension) for automation of carrying capacity and encumbrance.

The Judge
December 8th, 2021, 20:46
Careful using that with belt of giant strength since effects only act as temporary bonuses and that item provides a permanent bonus.
Unless you're playing 3.5E in which case you're fine. To add permanent bonuses to pathfinder, try this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61371-PFRPG-Ability-Drain-and-Permanent-Bonuses) (although be careful with stacking).
Either way, you might want this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68289-PFRPG-3-5E-Encumbrance-Extension) for automation of carrying capacity and encumbrance.

I have your encumbrance extension loaded too and noted the penalties accordingly, which in turn prompted me to investigate.

What you mean about the belt pertains to stacking, I understand. What would be the correct way to indicate the temporary enhancement?

bmos
December 8th, 2021, 21:32
I have your encumbrance extension loaded too and noted the penalties accordingly, which in turn prompted me to investigate.

What you mean about the belt pertains to stacking, I understand. What would be the correct way to indicate the temporary enhancement?The best I have found is adding the belt using drain and permanent bonuses and then just reducing any temporary bonus effects accordingly. It's a pain and I really need to figure out how to automate stacking with that extension.

The Judge
December 9th, 2021, 00:10
The best I have found is adding the belt using drain and permanent bonuses and then just reducing any temporary bonus effects accordingly. It's a pain and I really need to figure out how to automate stacking with that extension.

Thank you, this is very helpful. It also adjusted the character record's encumbrance vaules.

MostTornBrain
January 2nd, 2022, 05:03
Not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I added an ATK:1 action-only effect to a weapon, and when there is a critical threat, the crit confirm roll adds in the bonus again. The actual roll shows the right tall, but then when it shows the crit confirm result, it adds the effects in a second time even though they were already added to the roll. Here is a screenshot showing the occurrence.

It can be seen in the initial attack roll, there is an "effects:+1" applied, and the total for the roll of 19 adds a +4, giving a total of 23. This +4 is again added in the crit confirm as is show by the roll of a 7, plus 4 to get 11. This is all correct so far. Then the attack summary line for the critical threat resolution adds the weapon ATK bonus again to say the total was 12, which is incorrect.

Thank you for any clarification.

Cheers,
Brian

MostTornBrain
January 2nd, 2022, 05:14
Not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I added an ATK:1 action-only effect to a weapon, and when there is a critical threat, the crit confirm roll adds in the bonus again. The actual roll shows the right tall, but then when it shows the crit confirm result, it adds the effects in a second time even though they were already added to the roll.

Turns out this is an interaction with the "Extended Automation and Overlays" extension. If I disable that extension things behave as would be expected.

Is there something I can do to get them to coexist with this feature or is this some unfortunate side-effect that has no resolution?

Thanks,
Brian

bmos
January 2nd, 2022, 13:22
Turns out this is an interaction with the "Extended Automation and Overlays" extension. If I disable that extension things behave as would be expected.

Is there something I can do to get them to coexist with this feature or is this some unfortunate side-effect that has no resolution?

Thanks,
BrianThanks for reporting that!
Are you using the current version installed from the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view) or the original version installed from this thread?
If it's the current version I can take a look at making them compatible :)

MostTornBrain
January 2nd, 2022, 14:27
Thanks for reporting that!
Are you using the current version installed from the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view) or the original version installed from this thread?

Best I can tell, I am using the current versions both extensions from the Forge. On startup this is what is reported for those two extensions:

"Advanced Effects - PFRPG and 3.5E v1.6\rby Celestian, 2017-2021\rported to PFRPG/3.5E by rmilmine with improvements by bmos and SoxMax."

"FORTIF, HRESIST, ghost touch, AoO tracker, save overlays and more, v.3.3.15.1, for 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets. \rCopyright 2021 Smiteworks.\rBy mr900rr (FFOS), darrenan (keen), phixation (bypass), tahl liadon (some icons), bmos (TQ descriptors), DCrumb (max tag) and Kelrugem.\rMany new effects and nice stuff :) (see forum :P)"

Cheers,
Brian

MostTornBrain
January 2nd, 2022, 15:52
Thanks for reporting that!

Hi again,

This appears to be a bug in the Lua code for Kelrugen's extension. If I remove the Advanced Effects extension and just manually add an ATK:1 effect in the combat tracker with the "Extended Automation and Overlays" extension loaded, the issue occurs. I'll followup in the thread forum for that extension.

Cheers,
Brian

Morenu
January 6th, 2022, 00:56
We can't get any effects on the PC Combat tab to work (tried adding INIT: 2 and AC: 2) but If I equip an Item with the same code things work as expected. We have "Extended Automation and Overlays" and "Extended Automation and alternative Overlays" loaded all forge based and updated.

bmos
January 6th, 2022, 15:20
We can't get any effects on the PC Combat tab to work (tried adding INIT: 2 and AC: 2) but If I equip an Item with the same code things work as expected. We have "Extended Automation and Overlays" and "Extended Automation and alternative Overlays" loaded all forge based and updated.Effects added to the combat tab are automatically added to the combat tracker when the PC is added to the combat tracker.
So just add everything 'permanent' there like abilities that you have automated via effects and then remove characters from CT.
Then drag them into CT and all the pre-configured effects should auto-add.

DCrumb
January 6th, 2022, 16:09
Kel could probably tell us if this is entirely true, but you should probably only have one or the other of the extended automation extensions loaded and not both.

Kelrugem
January 6th, 2022, 16:28
Kel could probably tell us if this is entirely true, but you should probably only have one or the other of the extended automation extensions loaded and not both.

Yes, just one needed, depending on what type of overlays one wants :) However, it should not hurt to have both loaded (but also not useful), but I think the alternative overlays have higher loadorder I think, so, one always has then the overlays of tahl_liadon :)

MostTornBrain
January 11th, 2022, 02:10
Seems to be an incompatibility with the latest version of "Extended Automation and Overlays" (released today on the Forge). Any attempt to roll an attack against a target gets the following Lua error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:361: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)

If I unload the "Advanced Effects" extension attacks work properly. I am suspecting the Extended Automation and Overlays is expecting some extra return data from some functions it overrides that maybe Advanced Effects also overrides? But that's just a guess on my part - I didn't look at the code yet.

Cheers,
Brian

MostTornBrain
January 11th, 2022, 02:36
Seems to be an incompatibility with the latest version of "Extended Automation and Overlays" (released today on the Forge). Any attempt to roll an attack against a target gets the following Lua error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:361: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)

If I unload the "Advanced Effects" extension attacks work properly. I am suspecting the Extended Automation and Overlays is expecting some extra return data from some functions it overrides that maybe Advanced Effects also overrides? But that's just a guess on my part - I didn't look at the code yet.

EDIT: scratch what I wrote below. There's more changes needed than that to get the two extensions to coexist.

I looked at it in a bit more detail. Seems the function "getEffectsByType_kel()" in manager_AE.lua needs a small update comparing it to the the getEffectByType() function in Kel's extension. A few function calls (checkConditional()) now has a couple extra arguments. I just merged those lines into a test copy of Advanced Effects and it appears to work -at least attacks no longer throw errors, but I haven't checked the numbers extensively for other potential breakages.

Cheers,
Brian

MostTornBrain
January 11th, 2022, 03:36
EDIT: scratch what I wrote below. There's more changes needed than that to get the two extensions to coexist.

I looked at it in a bit more detail. Seems the function "getEffectsByType_kel()" in manager_AE.lua needs a small update comparing it to the the getEffectByType() function in Kel's extension. A few function calls (checkConditional()) now has a couple extra arguments. I just merged those lines into a test copy of Advanced Effects and it appears to work -at least attacks no longer throw errors, but I haven't checked the numbers extensively for other potential breakages.

Ok, I got the two extensions to work together. There was a second function, hasEffect_kel() which now needed to return 2 values rather than one, and the calls to checkConditional needed to be updated similary to what was needed to be done for getEffectsByType_kel(). Comparing to Kel's implementation into manager_effects_35E.lua was what I used as a reference.

Cheers,
Brian

bmos
January 11th, 2022, 15:21
Ok, I got the two extensions to work together. There was a second function, hasEffect_kel() which now needed to return 2 values rather than one, and the calls to checkConditional needed to be updated similary to what was needed to be done for getEffectsByType_kel(). Comparing to Kel's implementation into manager_effects_35E.lua was what I used as a reference.

Cheers,
Brian

Indeed, I need to update a couple extensions now that Kel has had a chance to push updates.
I just updated my Extended Natural, Shield, and Armor AC Bonus Types Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68129-Extended-Natural-and-Armor-AC-Bonus-Types-Extension) and hope to get to Advanced Effects tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue!

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 20:58
+1 to this - seeing the same issue. Both of these extensions are SUPER handy.

MostTornBrain
January 18th, 2022, 21:12
+1 to this - seeing the same issue. Both of these extensions are SUPER handy.

To clarify, updating to the latest version in the Forge now resolves the issue.

Cheers,
Brian

bmos
January 18th, 2022, 21:18

Cheers,
BrianA relief to hear, thanks MostTornBrain! Forgot to update my post to say it had been fixed.

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 21:26

Cheers,
Brian

Sorry to say that is NOT my experience. Just did an update and reloaded... still kicking the same error. :(

To see if it would help, I disabled the extension in the Forge, then re-enabled it.
According to the load screen script it looks like I'm using version v1.7-hotfix 1 -- is that the latest?

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 21:31
Sorry to say that is NOT my experience. Just did an update and reloaded... still kicking the same error. :(

To see if it would help, I disabled the extension in the Forge, then re-enabled it.
According to the load screen script it looks like I'm using version v1.7-hotfix 1 -- is that the latest?

Make sure you do not have a copy of this extension in the /extensions directory :) Bmos's extensions now load into the vault directory, but every copy of an extension in /extensions overwrites vault versions :) (and hence, preventing updates to be applied)

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 21:33
And you know, Kelrugem - I just realized that I'm using your "Strain and Injury" version of the automation and overlays. Would that still cause this, I wonder? I'll run a test or two... but in case that's helpful, I love my strain/injury.

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 21:36
And you know, Kelrugem - I just realized that I'm using your "Strain and Injury" version of the automation and overlays. Would that still cause this, I wonder? I'll run a test or two... but in case that's helpful, I love my strain/injury.

I believe this shouldn't matter, but who knows :D

Did you check the /extensions folder as in my previous post? :) If yes, then the strainInjury code may indeed infringe with something (but let's hope that this is not the reason) :)

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 21:41
I'm in my extension folder - I see no entry there for "Advanced Effects" -

I see entries for "Full OverlayPackage.ext" (this one is not enabled when I load) and "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage with new icons.ext" (this one is enabled).

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 21:48
I'm in my extension folder - I see no entry there for "Advanced Effects" -

I see entries for "Full OverlayPackage.ext" (this one is not enabled when I load) and "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage with new icons.ext" (this one is enabled).

Oki, I now tested; I fully updated to get Bmos's latest version, and it works for me, I do not get the error :) Can you try to update again? (beware, forge updates won't turn the update button red :) ) Maybe even try to delete the versions of my extension and redownload them via the update button :)

MostTornBrain
January 18th, 2022, 21:53
I also tested a few minutes ago and confirmed the two extensions are working together after getting updates today in my FGU install.

These are the reported versions on the console, in case that helps:

Advanced Effects - PFRPG and 3.5E v1.7-hotfix.1
Extended automation, dated at 10 January 2022, for 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets, v. 4.1.13

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 22:04
Ugh - No joy. Got a clean reinstall on your extensions. I even bounced back and forth between the standard overlays with strain/injury and the alternatives. It must be another conflict buried in there somewhere - I don't want to waste your time, but for whatever reason, still getting the error when Advanced Effects is loaded when an attack is rolled. I'll keep trying some combos.

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 22:19
Ugh - No joy. Got a clean reinstall on your extensions. I even bounced back and forth between the standard overlays with strain/injury and the alternatives. It must be another conflict buried in there somewhere - I don't want to waste your time, but for whatever reason, still getting the error when Advanced Effects is loaded when an attack is rolled. I'll keep trying some combos.

in the worst case, if you only use extensions from the forge now, completely erase the /extensions folder and then update again :) (or maybe even /vault one, too; but then the download may take a while) Maybe the download didn't go well

And no worries, we are here to help :)

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 22:28
My method for testing is far from scientific, and I realize I am on the fringe, but seems like I've reached a good place.

Here's what I did: I loaded the Full Overlay/Automation extension - AS WELL AS the Strain/Injury automation package - even though you (Kel) have always said you don't need both... well... in this case, it seems to have made it work. All effects are added to the CT and calculating without error.

So, in case anyone else is down this rabbit hole... this worked for me. Now... no one breathe too hard. ;)

Long live the extensions! Thanks for the help.

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 22:51
My method for testing is far from scientific, and I realize I am on the fringe, but seems like I've reached a good place.

Here's what I did: I loaded the Full Overlay/Automation extension - AS WELL AS the Strain/Injury automation package - even though you (Kel) have always said you don't need both... well... in this case, it seems to have made it work. All effects are added to the CT and calculating without error.

So, in case anyone else is down this rabbit hole... this worked for me. Now... no one breathe too hard. ;)

Long live the extensions! Thanks for the help.

Hmm, but you should actually not need both since both are literally the same (with the difference of the HP rules) :D And I tested it just with StrainInjury and Advanced Effects and it worked for me, even without Full OverlayPackage, so, there might still be something going on in your setup which is just not visible now anymore :D (especially this error points towards something which may also affect other things later on)

(and I have a déja vu, I believe someone else did something similar and at some point we figured out what the problem was)

Do you maybe have also some unpacked extensions in the /extensions folder? Can you maybe send a screenshot of your /extensions folder? Then I can look :)

Kelrugem
January 18th, 2022, 22:57
I just checked: It was actually you some months ago who had the problem with bugs when the Full OverlayPackage is not activated, too, and I am still puzzled about why this happens for you :D It may be that even a third extension plays into this problem. Certainly, if just advanced effects and StrainInjury is loaded you should not have any problem :) Also back then your problem was with respect to an error which pointed towards an older version like here, this is very strange :D

Besides a screenshot of your /extensions, can you also say/copy the messages of the extensions in the chat once you started your campaign? :)

(just if you have time and want to :) )

EDIT: But I am now going to bed, so, it may take a while until I can answer again :)

crossbow57
January 18th, 2022, 23:38
I was going to say... yep, that sounds like ME.

No doubt I'm a bit of a mess, having been a heavy extension user Pre-Forge. I attached a screen shot of the works (I think).
Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.

bmos
January 19th, 2022, 01:36

No doubt I'm a bit of a mess, having been a heavy extension user Pre-Forge. I attached a screen shot of the works (I think).
Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.Advanced Character Inventory Manager is now Advanced Item Actions on the forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/48/view)
Expanded NPC weapons is on Forge also: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/210/view

Kelrugem
January 19th, 2022, 08:51

Harder to parse what is going on in the vault folder, of course.

Thank you very much :) As Bmos pointed out, you seemingly have some outdated versions, and since the forge ones (of Bmos) are now in the vault you have to delete the versions in /extensions :)

The best may be:

1. Check if you already have all your extensions in the forge
2. If yes (so, all on forge), then wipe your /extensions folder
3. Then update via the FG launcher/updater

This should give you a clean install of all versions, and all the accidental overwritings of old versions should be cleaned :)

crossbow57
January 19th, 2022, 19:32
Just following up for anyone's morbid curiosity at this point - haha.

I had 49 entries in my extension folder before I pulled them all out. I did a full re-sync for all the active things in the Forge - pruned a few, etc. The new extension folder has 39 entries, so that sounds like good progress. I'll say the load time on the server is much faster, that's for certain. So - if I got nothing else out of this exercise, that's improvement, thank you.

Then I loaded the server with all the things, but chose just the Advanced Effects and Strain/Injury with alternate icons choices -- JUST THOSE TWO -- Turned ALL other extensions off. Annnnd... drum rolll.... STILL got the error!

At this point, I can only assume it is a curse.

Reloaded with all the things - enabled both the standard overlay/automation package as well as the strain/injury version... No Error! Amazing.

I can only assume that it has mutated and become somehow self-aware at this point, but it seems to work with all the things enabled - the next step would be a complete re-install of the whole thing? Not sure I want to go through all that just now. I'll keep experimenting - thank you all, seriously, for your advice and help.

Kelrugem
January 19th, 2022, 20:47

I had 49 entries in my extension folder before I pulled them all out. I did a full re-sync for all the active things in the Forge - pruned a few, etc. The new extension folder has 39 entries, so that sounds like good progress. I'll say the load time on the server is much faster, that's for certain. So - if I got nothing else out of this exercise, that's improvement, thank you.

Then I loaded the server with all the things, but chose just the Advanced Effects and Strain/Injury with alternate icons choices -- JUST THOSE TWO -- Turned ALL other extensions off. Annnnd... drum rolll.... STILL got the error!

Reloaded with all the things - enabled both the standard overlay/automation package as well as the strain/injury version... No Error! Amazing.

I can only assume that it has mutated and become somehow self-aware at this point, but it seems to work with all the things enabled - the next step would be a complete re-install of the whole thing? Not sure I want to go through all that just now. I'll keep experimenting - thank you all, seriously, for your advice and help.

hehe, thanks for testing :) It is an extremely strange issue and I have no idea what is going on :D (especially since I run my games with StrainInjury, too, and never faced this problem) Well, I hope this "curse" won't cause any other problem besides that you have to load the non-StrainInjury one for whatever reason, too :D

Kelrugem
January 23rd, 2022, 12:53

Could you test again? Bmos just added some compatibility code to my extension :) It should not solve your issue, but this is just due to that there should be no error at all :D But who knows, maybe whatever is causing your issue actually got solved now, too :)

bmos
January 23rd, 2022, 14:34
+1 to this - seeing the same issue.
Can you clarify that it is the exact same error message you're seeing, if the new updates don't fix it?
I just re-read the thread and this seems to be the closest you have come to providing the exact issue ;)
A screenshot and steps to reproduce would be ideal.

RobboNJ69
February 10th, 2022, 03:24
Good Evening Gentlemen,
I'm also getting the error: nADVATK

I am running 4.1.13
completely deleted everything in /extensions and /vault.
Checked for updates.
Disabled all other extensions, both in Forge and in the game load screen: so I'm just running "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage" and "Advanced Effects"
Started a new campaign (PF 1E)
Loaded just the Bestiary 1.
Had an aboleth make an attack against an Aasimar and got the error:
"Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:368: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)"
Log Txt attached.

Let me know if I can provide any other info. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Kelrugem
February 10th, 2022, 08:38
Aaah, Bmos, I might know where the incompatibility of crossbow and RobboNJ69 arises:

You probably have some if-clause checking for whether extended automation is loaded, isn't it? Does this if-clause also check for StrainInjury versions? If not, then this would explain, why crossbow was able to solve the problem by also loading the extended automation extension :) (and gladly the loadorder of StrainInjury is higher such that crossbow indeed found a pretty neat workaround :D)

bmos
February 10th, 2022, 12:51
Aaah, Bmos, I might know where the incompatibility of crossbow and RobboNJ69 arises:

You probably have some if-clause checking for whether extended automation is loaded, isn't it? Does this if-clause also check for StrainInjury versions? If not, then this would explain, why crossbow was able to solve the problem by also loading the extended automation extension :) (and gladly the loadorder of StrainInjury is higher such that crossbow indeed found a pretty neat workaround :D)Great point!

RobboNJ69
February 11th, 2022, 13:24
I installed the other version and it is working now. There doesn't appear to be any negative effects.

Thanks for your input and ideas!
Rob

Kelrugem
February 11th, 2022, 13:32
I installed the other version and it is working now. There doesn't appear to be any negative effects.

Thanks for your input and ideas!
Rob

Cool :) What do you mean with other version? Did I miss an update from Bmos? :)

Yes, I was not completely sure whether I was right in my last post; because the last time I tested it myself, I was not able to reproduce it. Glad that it works for you now again :)

RobboNJ69
February 11th, 2022, 14:11
Cool :) What do you mean with other version? Did I miss an update from Bmos? :)

Following the older posts, in addition to:
"StrainInjury plus extended automation and overlays"

I installed:
"Feature: Extended automation and alternative overlays"

Now everything is working. I know they are essentially the same extension, but the error message came up, breaking attacks, when I only had the first one installed.

Rob

Kelrugem
February 11th, 2022, 14:17
Following the older posts, in addition to:
"StrainInjury plus extended automation and overlays"

I installed:
"Feature: Extended automation and alternative overlays"

Now everything is working. I know they are essentially the same extension, but the error message came up, breaking attacks, when I only had the first one installed.

Rob

Very strange! Usually, there should be no need to install both extensions; so, maybe my previous assumption in my other post is correct :) Then I wonder why I cannot reproduce the error though

MostTornBrain
March 17th, 2022, 04:18
Hi,

Any thoughts on supporting ability bonuses to be parsed from the "Advanced Effects" section of character sheet via a call to EffectManager35E.evalEffect()? Doing this, and then just replacing rEffect.sName with the result would expand the ability bonus into the numeric value in the combat tracker when the char is dragged over.

This is a rough proof-of-concept example with some debug comparing the original effect string vs. the parsed one at the end of updateCharEffect in manager_AE.lua:

sendEffectAddedMessage(nodeEntry, rEffect, sLabel, nGMOnly, User.getUsername());
local sParsedEffect = EffectManager35E.evalEffect(nodeEntry,rEffect.sLab el, nil);
Debug.chat(rEffect.sLabel,sParsedEffect);
rEffect.sName = sParsedEffect;
EffectManager.addEffect("", "", nodeEntry, rEffect, false);

Here's an example of a char sheet where using the above change I added two advanced effects that reference abilities - the Monk AC bonus (in this instance the monk is level 7 and gets a +1 and +[WIS]. The second effect example is Intimidating prowess, where the char's [STR] is added.

The resulting entries on the CT look like this:

Are there any downsides to doing this? I find it handy to have the ability score text reference in the defined effect on the char sheet so I can more easily remember where the number came from. Obviously, the numbers in the CT won't change if an ability changes in the middle of combat, but at least during downtime if you level up and an ability changes, it would be reflected the next time the char is dragged to the CT.

Cheers,
Brian

bmos
March 17th, 2022, 13:46
Hi,

Any thoughts on supporting ability bonuses to be parsed from the "Advanced Effects" section of character sheet via a call to EffectManager35E.evalEffect()? Doing this, and then just replacing rEffect.sName with the result would expand the ability bonus into the numeric value in the combat tracker when the char is dragged over.

This is a rough proof-of-concept example with some debug comparing the original effect string vs. the parsed one at the end of updateCharEffect in manager_AE.lua:

sendEffectAddedMessage(nodeEntry, rEffect, sLabel, nGMOnly, User.getUsername());
local sParsedEffect = EffectManager35E.evalEffect(nodeEntry,rEffect.sLab el, nil);
Debug.chat(rEffect.sLabel,sParsedEffect);
rEffect.sName = sParsedEffect;
EffectManager.addEffect("", "", nodeEntry, rEffect, false);

Here's an example of a char sheet where using the above change I added two advanced effects that reference abilities - the Monk AC bonus (in this instance the monk is level 7 and gets a +1 and +[WIS]. The second effect example is Intimidating prowess, where the char's [STR] is added.

The resulting entries on the CT look like this:

Are there any downsides to doing this? I find it handy to have the ability score text reference in the defined effect on the char sheet so I can more easily remember where the number came from. Obviously, the numbers in the CT won't change if an ability changes in the middle of combat, but at least during downtime if you level up and an ability changes, it would be reflected the next time the char is dragged to the CT.

Cheers,
Brian

This is awesome! That (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/issues/10) is one of the improvements I have been wanting to make (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/issues) and hadn't looked into how it could be done :)

MostTornBrain
March 17th, 2022, 16:23
This is awesome! That (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/issues/10) is one of the improvements I have been wanting to make (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/issues) and hadn't looked into how it could be done :)

If it turns out to not have any unexpected adverse side-effects, I think this might also help reduce the parsing effort on the CT side of things - at least minimally in some cases. For example, if I enter the contrived effect of "AC: 1+4+5+1" with this evalEffect() pre-parsing occurring, it gets put into the CT as "AC: 11". Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps. :-)

Cheers,
Brian

alyxvr
April 26th, 2022, 09:57
Hello, I have loaded the extension 1.1.2, but when I equip an item with an effect I get the error "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)"
What is the problem?.
Thank you.

bmos
April 26th, 2022, 11:06
Hello, I have loaded the extension 1.1.2, but when I equip an item with an effect I get the error "Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_affect_adnd.la"]510:attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)"
What is the problem?.
Thank you.v1.1.2 is from May 28th, 2020.
Here is the latest.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view

Morenu
April 28th, 2022, 04:15
This is awesome! That is one of the improvements I have been wanting to make and hadn't looked into how it could be done :)

Did this get implemented?

bmos
April 28th, 2022, 13:02
Did this get implemented?

yup
https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/tag/v1.10
If you want to get notified when I post new releases, see these instructions (https://github.com/isaacs/github/issues/410).

Morenu
April 28th, 2022, 19:16
Is there aa way to give a bonus to all ranged touch / Melee touch spell attacks (like CL:2 or ATK:2 but like RT:2?) other than modifying each spell?

bmos
April 28th, 2022, 21:21
Is there aa way to give a bonus to all ranged touch / Melee touch spell attacks (like CL:2 or ATK:2 but like RT:2?) other than modifying each spell?I don't think so.
You can do "ATK: 5 ,melee" if you want to just effect melee attacks, but I don't think there is a way to limit to just touch attacks.

EDIT: Maybe check with Kelrugem?

rmilmine
May 15th, 2022, 10:58
Although the attack parser for NPCs has touch as a modifier, I do not see one included in the base 3.5/pathfinder documentation page, and there probably should be.
My suggestion would be to add meleetouch and rangedtouch to ATK: as modifiers to go along with melee and ranged.

On a side note, I am here today to request an addition.
There is something I had thought about doing, but obviously never did, and that was, feats, Class Abilities (Special Abilities), and Racial Abilities (Special Abilities) on the Abilities tab on the character sheet.
There are two things that would be great for these. One is the ability to attach effects to feats and special abilities, and the other is the ability to turn the abilities on and off on the tab, much like equipping and un-equipping an item has the effect put on and taken off of the combat tracker.
The lists on the abilities tab are probably templates and those templates could be replaced with one that has a active/inactive image, and the other two would have the same template for the list put on them. I'm sure it's not that straight forward, but one can hope.

rmilmine
May 15th, 2022, 13:19
So something strange happening.
I have the following on the combat tracker:
Weapon Training 1; IF: CUSTOM(Flail); ATK: 2; DMG: 2
Weapon Training 2: IF: CUSTOM(Bow); ATK: 1; DMG: 1
Weapon Specialization; IF: CUSTOM(Dwarven dorn-dergar); DMG: 2
Greater Weapon Focus; IF: CUSTOM(Dwarven dorn-dergar); ATK: 2

Now on the Dwarven dorn-dergar I have:
Flail (Action Only)
Dwarvem dorn-dergar (Action Only)

The Bow has
Bow (Action Only)

All weapons I attack with get a +5 bonus to ATK and DMG.

This should work. I know I it works correctly with just the bow. I then added the Dorn-dergar and it breaks.
I've tested it by turning things off and on while attacking and it looks like the IF: CUSTOM() is not working with the Action Only.

Tarman
May 15th, 2022, 14:54
Hey I tried redownloading this extension back on to my laptop after loosing everything last year when my other SSD crashed and fried. Every time I use this in my FGC Ultimate program it does nothing but give me script errors, runtime errors and non melee weapon will show its damage output v.3.3.15 Ultimate. Is there another spot that I should download from?

rmilmine
May 15th, 2022, 15:33
Hey I tried redownloading this extension back on to my laptop after loosing everything last year when my other SSD crashed and fried. Every time I use this in my FGC Ultimate program it does nothing but give me script errors, runtime errors and non melee weapon will show its damage output v.3.3.15 Ultimate. Is there another spot that I should download from?

Try the forge,
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/33/view

Kelrugem
May 15th, 2022, 16:08
The forge won't work for FGC (the updater of FGC does not download from the forge); and that may be actually the culprit. If you use the most current version, then you will get errors of course because FGC is not developed anymore since many months :) The actual version of this extension is only for FGU; but maybe the extension attached in the first post may still work for FGC? Did you try that, Tarman?

bmos
May 15th, 2022, 22:12
As Kel says, the newer updates are not compatible with Classic as they rely on newer 3.5E ruleset updates that have been released since Classic reached end of life.

Some of my older releases should work, however!
I forget when Classic support ended, but I'd try v1.8 and work back from there until you find one that works.
https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases

bmos
May 15th, 2022, 22:19
So something strange happening.
I have the following on the combat tracker:
Weapon Training 1; IF: CUSTOM(Flail); ATK: 2; DMG: 2
Weapon Training 2: IF: CUSTOM(Bow); ATK: 1; DMG: 1
Weapon Specialization; IF: CUSTOM(Dwarven dorn-dergar); DMG: 2
Greater Weapon Focus; IF: CUSTOM(Dwarven dorn-dergar); ATK: 2

Now on the Dwarven dorn-dergar I have:
Flail (Action Only)
Dwarvem dorn-dergar (Action Only)

The Bow has
Bow (Action Only)

All weapons I attack with get a +5 bonus to ATK and DMG.

This should work. I know I it works correctly with just the bow. I then added the Dorn-dergar and it breaks.
I've tested it by turning things off and on while attacking and it looks like the IF: CUSTOM() is not working with the Action Only.Huh. I never thought about such a use-case.
For now, I'd suggest adding those effects to the weapons themselves with Action Only.
I'll see about resolving at some point.

rmilmine
May 24th, 2022, 05:32
Huh. I never thought about such a use-case.
For now, I'd suggest adding those effects to the weapons themselves with Action Only.
I'll see about resolving at some point.

I found that doing this for bows/crossbows was good, I put an effect on magical arrows that looks to see if the bow is active, and if it is it adds the atk and dmg to the attack.

bmos
May 24th, 2022, 11:58
I found that doing this for bows/crossbows was good, I put an effect on magical arrows that looks to see if the bow is active, and if it is it adds the atk and dmg to the attack.Oh! For that you can use Ammunition Manager which combines with Advanced Effects to let you add action-only effects to ammunition.
I'll still look at the issue you mentioned sometime too.

rmilmine
June 25th, 2022, 02:34
By any chance did you see the suggestion about feats, and special abilities? adding those to having effects that can be added to the combat tracker, along with enabling/disabling them?

bmos
June 25th, 2022, 13:06
By any chance did you see the suggestion about feats, and special abilities? adding those to having effects that can be added to the combat tracker, along with enabling/disabling them?

Indeed! Here is the github issue tracking this:
https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/issues/13

It was just added to 5E Advanced Effects and I hope to have time to implement it here soon.

bmos
June 25th, 2022, 18:08
Released v1.11 with ability to add effects to special abilities.
These can be added to abilities and then the abilities can be exported to modules. In this way, modules can be created with pre-built automation of class features.

dllewell
June 26th, 2022, 03:05
Ignore this post. It was a duplicate of the post below.

dllewell
June 26th, 2022, 03:05
It does not appear that this parses out the [CL] or [HCL] effect. Is that correct or am I missing something?

In the screenshot below you can see that I have included the same effect in two places. Once in the Advanced Effects section and once in the Actions Tab.

The Action Tab effect parses out the [CL] tag but the Advanced Effects effect does not.

I assume that this is because the Advanced Effects effects is not tied to a specific Spell Class so doesn't know what the [CL] is?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53305&d=1656209097

dllewell
June 26th, 2022, 03:26
Released v1.11 with ability to add effects to special abilities.
These can be added to abilities and then the abilities can be exported to modules. In this way, modules can be created with pre-built automation of class features.

It does not appear that this new feature works for NPCs.

I have added an effect to a Special Ability.
I then drag that Special Ability to the Abilities Tab --> Racial Traits section of the Character sheet.
I also the same Special Ability to the Other Tab on the NPC sheet. Is that the right place to drag it? I don't see anywhere else it could go. There is 'Effect Features' section on the Main Tab of the NPC sheet but it doesn't appear that I can drop the Special Ability here.

Once both of those creatures are dropped onto the Combat Tracker the Character automatically gets the effect but the NPC does not.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53306&d=1656210365

bmos
June 26th, 2022, 12:48
It does not appear that this new feature works for NPCs.

I have added an effect to a Special Ability.
I then drag that Special Ability to the Abilities Tab --> Racial Traits section of the Character sheet.
I also the same Special Ability to the Other Tab on the NPC sheet. Is that the right place to drag it? I don't see anywhere else it could go. There is 'Effect Features' section on the Main Tab of the NPC sheet but it doesn't appear that I can drop the Special Ability here.

Once both of those creatures are dropped onto the Combat Tracker the Character automatically gets the effect but the NPC does not.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53306&d=1656210365Didn't think about that use-case, how interesting.
The update yesterday was just looking at PCs. It might be possible to get a list of all the linked special abilities in NPC notes and do the same... My only worry is when those abilities are already incorporated into an NPC's statblock.

bmos
June 26th, 2022, 13:04
The Action Tab effect parses out the [CL] tag but the Advanced Effects effect does not.

I assume that this is because the Advanced Effects effects is not tied to a specific Spell Class so doesn't know what the [CL] is?Correct. Do you have a proposed solution? I could have it use LVL in that situation, but I worry that mistakes wouldn't be noticed.

Morenu
June 26th, 2022, 13:23
Could there be a master/default CL we could edit. And that on the action tab, the CL set there would override the default value

dllewell
June 26th, 2022, 15:24
Correct. Do you have a proposed solution? I could have it use LVL in that situation, but I worry that mistakes wouldn't be noticed.

Would it be possible to check for spell classes and if they all have the same Caster Level use it? Then if they don't have a Spell Class, or if they have multiple spell classes with different caster levels use the [LVL] instead?

I do share your concerns about mistakes not being noticed but I wonder if this is offset by the fact that if someone is specifically using an effect that has [CL] in it they very likely have at least one Spell Class set up.

Certainly not a perfect option, but maybe a viable one?

dllewell
June 26th, 2022, 15:34
Didn't think about that use-case, how interesting.
The update yesterday was just looking at PCs. It might be possible to get a list of all the linked special abilities in NPC notes and do the same... My only worry is when those abilities are already incorporated into an NPC's statblock.

I can see your concern. That is actually an issue I ran into with Kel's Extended Automation. When I was creating the effects for the PFRPG - Bestiary I was finding that a lot of the effects I had manually created were already being handled by Kel's extension, so I was getting duplicates. Ultimately I was quite happy to remove the manually created duplicate effects and moving forward it made my life much easier as I didn't have to take the time to add those effects to new monsters.

In my opinion, it would be the same with this. I would much rather take the time to edit the Feats and Special Abilities once and then be able to drag them to an NPC, as opposed to having to create the effect manually for each NPC that had that special ability.

bmos
June 26th, 2022, 16:24
I can see your concern. That is actually an issue I ran into with Kel's Extended Automation. When I was creating the effects for the PFRPG - Bestiary I was finding that a lot of the effects I had manually created were already being handled by Kel's extension, so I was getting duplicates. Ultimately I was quite happy to remove the manually created duplicate effects and moving forward it made my life much easier as I didn't have to take the time to add those effects to new monsters.

In my opinion, it would be the same with this. I would much rather take the time to edit the Feats and Special Abilities once and then be able to drag them to an NPC, as opposed to having to create the effect manually for each NPC that had that special ability.In that case, the best approach would probably be to add an "abilities" tab to NPCs.

Asgurgolas
June 26th, 2022, 19:31
The "advanced effect" part doesn't parse any sheet-related values(CL, LVL, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA, for example). You can set an item to give you a +2 to wisdom "WIS: 2", but you can't set it as "add your str bonus to concentration "(SKIL: [STR] concentration)"

bmos
June 26th, 2022, 21:32
The "advanced effect" part doesn't parse any sheet-related values(CL, LVL, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA, for example). You can set an item to give you a +2 to wisdom "WIS: 2", but you can't set it as "add your str bonus to concentration "(SKIL: [STR] concentration)"That's actually not true anymore! Someone implemented it for most things (just not CL because it's not in a spell class). I think it was MostTornBrain?

Asgurgolas
June 27th, 2022, 00:37
Then I will try it out O_O

Ok it does, but if I for any reason cycle the "type" until it hits "susceptibility", it defaults it as "immune: acid" and overrides anything else I do. Also the types "save" and "ability" do nothing. Dunno about "miscellaneous" and "tag only" since once I get to "susceptibility" it gets stuck there

bmos
June 27th, 2022, 02:17
I always forget the effect builder stuff is in there.
For now I recommend you write them manually.
I'll try to figure out why that stuff isn't working right.

EDIT:
Advanced Effects for Pathfinder v1.12 (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/releases/tag/v1.12)
* Effect builder now works again.
* Misc attack bonuses can now apply only to melee or attack.
* Effects can now be dragged into advanced effect windows.
* Advanced effects can now be dragged out (drag the details button).
* Removed a ton of unused code.
Click here to see raw code changes (https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/FG-PFRPG-Advanced-Effects/compare/v1.11...v1.12)

timberbeast
July 23rd, 2022, 19:52
The advanced effects are no longer getting applied when I add a PC to the CT, neither from the combat tab nor the Abilities, Feats, etc. I'm using the 3.5E ruleset.

bmos
July 23rd, 2022, 19:53
The advanced effects are no longer getting applied when I add a PC to the CT, neither from the combat tab nor the Abilities, Feats, etc. I'm using the 3.5E ruleset.Do you have any other extensions loaded? I just tested it on the latest LIVE build of FG and it's working on my end.

timberbeast
July 23rd, 2022, 20:33
Do you have any other extensions loaded? I just tested it on the latest LIVE build of FG and it's working on my end.

I do normally, but I unloaded them all except Advanced Effects and tested again but got the same result. Tried disabling the extension then re-enabling and running updates, but that didn't help either.

bmos
July 23rd, 2022, 20:47
can you attach your campaign without the images folder?

timberbeast
July 23rd, 2022, 21:05
can you attach your campaign without the images folder?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQppsc4gmQLk1okdrI3BsWs561l?e=qa9mHt

bmos
July 23rd, 2022, 21:25
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQppsc4gmQLk1okdrI3BsWs561l?e=qa9mHtFound the issue! I had not pushed the v1.13 update correctly.
Go ahead and update and it should work fine.

timberbeast
July 24th, 2022, 18:49
Found the issue! I had not pushed the v1.13 update correctly.
Go ahead and update and it should work fine.

Yep, work great now, thanks!

Asgurgolas
September 10th, 2022, 00:36
The whole "effect feature" in the "combat" section of a PC sheet doesn't exist anymore (so, no auto-loadable effects for characters as soon as they get on the combat tracker). It still works for items and NPCs

I tested it as a standalone extension too, to check for compatibility issues, but the problem persists

bmos
September 10th, 2022, 13:20
It's there for me...
Have you tried expanding the page? By default it is below the bounds of the charsheet window.
https://i.imgur.com/NSl4GjY.png

EDIT: I had local stuff that I hadn't pushed out. Just released it in a new update.

Asgurgolas
September 10th, 2022, 17:22
Ok: by resizing the window it shows up (so far I just had to mouse-wheel scroll down to get there), sorry for being an idiot ^^;

bmos
September 10th, 2022, 18:25
Ok: by resizing the window it shows up (so far I just had to mouse-wheel scroll down to get there), sorry for being an idiot ^^;Not at all, it's unclear that there is more below the bottom of the window. I'll limit the height so it's always slightly visible.

EDIT: done.
It now shows at least one line of the advanced effects list.

Morenu
October 23rd, 2022, 02:16
I found a conflict with your extension and The advanced Character Sheet by Zarestia. Here is a Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75226-3-5E-PFRPG-Advanced-Charsheet&p=666327&viewfull=1#post666327)to the post with a description of the error.

Kronides
February 26th, 2023, 03:33
Hi

I have been having some serious issues with FGU since 4.3.3 but it seems to all come down to this extension.

It prevents the FHEAL effect from working. Once the combat tracker turn is ended and the next creature needs to have FHEAL applied (if they have damage) the effect does not work and triggers a console error.

This has the subsequent effect of being unable to apply or remove effects in the combat tracker using buttons on character sheets or even drag and drop. Also, if an effect is meant to expire it would not and just stayed at duration 1 round remaining.

Initially it was the Extended automation error that came up - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

When I turned this extension off, I then got this error when triggering the same event - Script execution error: [string "..PG-Advanced-Effects:..ipts/manager_AE.lua"]:577: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

After turning off the Advanced Effects extension everything is working. I then turned on the Extended Automation extension and it is still working correctly.

I have attached the two compiled log files from my latest tests. If there is anything else you need to help with this please let me know.

Cheers,
Mike

bmos
February 26th, 2023, 04:11
Hi

I have been having some serious issues with FGU since 4.3.3 but it seems to all come down to this extension.

It prevents the FHEAL effect from working. Once the combat tracker turn is ended and the next creature needs to have FHEAL applied (if they have damage) the effect does not work and triggers a console error.

This has the subsequent effect of being unable to apply or remove effects in the combat tracker using buttons on character sheets or even drag and drop. Also, if an effect is meant to expire it would not and just stayed at duration 1 round remaining.

Initially it was the Extended automation error that came up - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

When I turned this extension off, I then got this error when triggering the same event - Script execution error: [string "..PG-Advanced-Effects:..ipts/manager_AE.lua"]:577: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

After turning off the Advanced Effects extension everything is working. I then turned on the Extended Automation extension and it is still working correctly.

I have attached the two compiled log files from my latest tests. If there is anything else you need to help with this please let me know.

Cheers,
MikeThanks for the report!
Looks like this has probably been broken for some time, although perhaps there was some change in 4.3.3 or the new ruleset versions that revealed the weakness.
Anyway, now it works :)

Kronides
February 26th, 2023, 05:17
Thanks for the report!
Looks like this has probably been broken for some time, although perhaps there was some change in 4.3.3 or the new ruleset versions that revealed the weakness.
Anyway, now it works :)

No, it looks like it still isn't. I just now updated and tested again.
Perhaps I worded my previous post poorly. I believe that the error is only occurring when the Advanced Effects extension is active.

bmos
February 26th, 2023, 11:42
No, it looks like it still isn't. I just now updated and tested again.
Perhaps I worded my previous post poorly. I believe that the error is only occurring when the Advanced Effects extension is active.

Yeah, that's how I tested it. Just AE and with an effect on a character with FHEAL only.
The same script error is... not possible with the latest code changes.
So either I messed up publishing it or the script error would have to be different now.
I just tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. I'll re-push the update and if you still get an error please let me know what it says now :)

Arimil508
February 27th, 2023, 00:19
I am still getting the [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"] when dragging damage onto a anything from the chat box.
i just wanted to check what current build number Advanced effects is just to make sure i have downloaded the right one

bmos
February 27th, 2023, 01:30
I am still getting the [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"] when dragging damage onto a anything from the chat box.
i just wanted to check what current build number Advanced effects is just to make sure i have downloaded the right onev1.18-hotfix.1 is the latest

gclguru
February 27th, 2023, 09:05
I think this error is coming from your amazing extension when I open the widow to add an effect to an npc
[2/27/2023 1:47:18 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (contentanchor) anchoring to an undefined control (title) in windowclass (advanced_effect_editor)

Kronides
February 27th, 2023, 09:36
Yeah, that's how I tested it. Just AE and with an effect on a character with FHEAL only.
The same script error is... not possible with the latest code changes.
So either I messed up publishing it or the script error would have to be different now.
I just tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. I'll re-push the update and if you still get an error please let me know what it says now :)

Hi again, I just got a chance to test again with new hotfix version.

Testing with the hotfix version active and the Extended Automation and Overlays disabled - works without error.

Testing with Extended Automation and Overlays enabled and Advanced Effects disabled - works without error.

Testing with both enabled still gives this: Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

Note that to get this error to generate put 2 creatures in the combat tracker A and B.

Give B FHEAL: 5 (or any value) and ALSO give it some wounds. If there are no wounds it does not fail.

Set the turn to A and then hit the end turn on the tracker - instead of the turn ending and B healing, there will be a note about FHEAL in the chat, and the console will come up with an error. From that point on any effects cannot be added or removed with buttons from the tracker.

I have attached another set of logs, can also report in the Extended Automation if you need me to?

bmos
February 27th, 2023, 13:08
Hi again, I just got a chance to test again with new hotfix version.

Testing with the hotfix version active and the Extended Automation and Overlays disabled - works without error.

Testing with Extended Automation and Overlays enabled and Advanced Effects disabled - works without error.

Testing with both enabled still gives this: Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

Note that to get this error to generate put 2 creatures in the combat tracker A and B.

Give B FHEAL: 5 (or any value) and ALSO give it some wounds. If there are no wounds it does not fail.

Set the turn to A and then hit the end turn on the tracker - instead of the turn ending and B healing, there will be a note about FHEAL in the chat, and the console will come up with an error. From that point on any effects cannot be added or removed with buttons from the tracker.

I have attached another set of logs, can also report in the Extended Automation if you need me to?Ah, looks like Kel's extension needed to be patched also. I have submitted a fix there. Thanks for the added detail.

backup42
July 20th, 2023, 01:17
Hi,
Having a small problem. I trying to code a bane weapon, I'm using
IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK:2; DMG: 2+2d6
The attack works but the damage doesn't. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Kelly

bmos
July 20th, 2023, 01:41
Hi,

Thanks
KellyTry writing your damage as 2d6+2, that's the more common notation.

backup42
July 20th, 2023, 01:47
Didn't work. I also tried it without the plus 2 and no go. Maybe I'll restart Fantasy Grounds and see if that fixes it.

Restarting did not help. Is there any other extensions I need that work along side of this one?

dllewell
July 20th, 2023, 02:23
Hi,

Thanks
Kelly

Try this -
IFT: TYPE(demon);ATK:2;DMG:2;DMG:2d6

backup42
July 20th, 2023, 02:27
The damage is not working at all, weird. Not even the plus 2.

backup42
July 20th, 2023, 02:48
I figured it out. it was his weapon. I deleted it and custom-made another one and it worked. I had to delete the attack plus 2 because for some reason it was adding plus 4 instead but after I delete the atk 2 it worked. Actually the attack works fine. He gets a +2 bonus against demons from a feat. So everything works as intended.
Playing with high level characters is tough lol

bmos
July 20th, 2023, 12:05
I figured it out. it was his weapon. I deleted it and custom-made another one and it worked. I had to delete the attack plus 2 because for some reason it was adding plus 4 instead but after I delete the atk 2 it worked. Actually the attack works fine. He gets a +2 bonus against demons from a feat. So everything works as intended.
Playing with high level characters is tough lolNice! Glad you found a solution. Weird details though!

Arimil508
July 20th, 2023, 16:17
Never mind Ignore me

Morenu
July 20th, 2023, 22:08
Playing with high level characters is tough lol

which code worked?

backup42
July 21st, 2023, 00:42
which code worked?

I used bmo's custom item generator to make it, but if you don't have it the code is:

IFT: TYPE(demon);ATK:2;DMG 2d6+2

Morenu
July 22nd, 2023, 03:23
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a feat, trait or item add an effect to the ability tab other than naming the item a spell name (like Potion of spider climb).

If I wanted to have a Feat that gave a usable power instead of an always on power without the player having to create the actual effect on the ability tab.

So right now lets say I wanted a hat of disguise to automatically place a disguise self spell in the abilities tab (under items on advanced character sheet), I can cheat and call it Hat of disguise self and make it a scroll (or wand or potion I suppose) and it does this: 58294. The red circle is what I would like to be able to do so I could call up a specific spell. Then I could create spell effects for feats, traits and whatever and then call that "spell" effect automatically when the feat or trait or item is equipped.

I am not sure if that makes sense, but I thought it would be a way to do the PFRPG - Feats in an extended version like Spellbook Extended.

And if you would rather this be moved to another thread I can delete it and redo it elsewhere, but this idea requires this extension to be active.

bmos
July 22nd, 2023, 18:34
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a feat, trait or item add an effect to the ability tab other than naming the item a spell name (like Potion of spider climb).

If I wanted to have a Feat that gave a usable power instead of an always on power without the player having to create the actual effect on the ability tab.

So right now lets say I wanted a hat of disguise to automatically place a disguise self spell in the abilities tab (under items on advanced character sheet), I can cheat and call it Hat of disguise self and make it a scroll (or wand or potion I suppose) and it does this: 58294. The red circle is what I would like to be able to do so I could call up a specific spell. Then I could create spell effects for feats, traits and whatever and then call that "spell" effect automatically when the feat or trait or item is equipped.

I am not sure if that makes sense, but I thought it would be a way to do the PFRPG - Feats in an extended version like Spellbook Extended.

And if you would rather this be moved to another thread I can delete it and redo it elsewhere, but this idea requires this extension to be active.So like instead of just adding effects items could also add abilities? Great suggestion, but not currently possible with this. Not sure when I could build it out either, I have a big backlog of issues right now.

Morenu
July 22nd, 2023, 18:59
Glad you like the idea. I really wish I could wrap my mind around the coding. I feel like I would enjoy making extensions.

I would think the easiest way would be to make a "spell" for the feat or trait or item, Name the spell the same as the feat/trait/item with effect at the end. then add that spell to the feat effect. and preferably have it work with adv. character sheet and be able to define it to go to spell/weapon/item/other under the ability tab.

well glad you like the idea, guess I will go watch the ruleset wizard videos again. :)

DCrumb
July 23rd, 2023, 09:07
That would probably be a magic item compendium module that has the magic items with built on effects (probably with the extended item extension required). I could see it getting rather ugly coding it depending on what extensions are already in use and how they interact with items, inventory, and the abilities tab.

Morenu
August 10th, 2023, 02:36
I was thinking something like this 58478 where I could go to The arcane Strike feat and under the effect, have a way to call this spell to be put on the action tab. so something like [SPELL Feat Arcane Strike] and when the feat is added to the character sheet, it automatically adds the spell as well.

Morenu
August 10th, 2023, 02:44
I was thinking something like this 58478 where I could go to The arcane Strike feat and under the effect, have a way to call this spell to be put on the action tab. so something like [SPELL Feat Arcane Strike] and when the feat is added to the character sheet, it automatically adds the spell to the action tab as well.

rmilmine
March 8th, 2024, 03:42
What does unlisted mean in the forge? This extension is showing up with that on my list of extensions.

DCrumb
March 8th, 2024, 04:43
What does unlisted mean in the forge? This extension is showing up with that on my list of extensions.

It might be in the middle of being updated.

bmos
March 8th, 2024, 11:29
Thanks for that, looks like I might have hit the wrong button!