PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey Font Color

KlatuB
May 12th, 2020, 22:51
Is it possible with an extension to change the font color of the hotkey buttons, on at 4k monitor at 3840x2160 resolution the white font become almost unreadable (see screenshot), this happens in FGC and FGU.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35277&stc=1&d=1589319923
(Link) 35277

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 22:53
Sure, but I don't know any that do. Have you tried a theme to see if one gives you a better contrast?

Also note that fonts are in development in FGU and should be improving soon.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 23:01
To be honest it isn’t much clearer on a normal sized monitor. It could be a bit bolder to make it more readable.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 12th, 2020, 23:31
try switching to a different theme like brown or grey or dungeon... those have darker colored hotkeys

damned
May 13th, 2020, 00:17
<!-- Hot keys -->
<font name="hotkey">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-10.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Regular.ttf" name="Noto Sans" size="16" />
<color value="FFFFFF" />
<shadow offset="1,1" color="000000" />
</font>

KlatuB
May 13th, 2020, 01:11
Thanks Damned, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 13th, 2020, 15:34
oh thats cool.... for us not so smart puter wise folks... just where does that code go?
is there a video that can walk someone like me thru it?

gamerhawaii
May 14th, 2020, 04:31
damned: Thanks for the info. Always easier when someone tells you exactly where to look. Now about my keys …

Mysteria_Sdrassa:
To create the extension (and don't forget to load it before loading a campaign which I frequently do)
1) Create a new directory in your "extensions" directory named in a sensible way
2) In that new directory, create a file named "extension.xml" with the following contents (or similar, adjust the font as you desire, below makes it black instead of white):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.0" release="4">
<properties>
<name>Hotkeys Text Color</name>
<description>Change the color of the Hotkeys text</description>
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
</properties>

<base>
<font name="hotkeylabel">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-10.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Regular.ttf" name="Noto Sans" size="12" />
<color value="000000" />
<shadow offset="1,1" color="FFFFFF" />
</font>
<hotkeybar>
<label font="hotkeylabel" />
</hotkeybar>
</base>
</root>

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 14th, 2020, 17:32
ahh, cool.. thanks gamerhawaii :)
oooohhhhh... now i wish i was back in hawaii :( :)