PDA

View Full Version : Encumberance issue found

NoExcuses
May 12th, 2020, 21:56
Hello

I had a plan to build a gnome barbarian, taking path of the totem warrior

Ordinarily a PC with strength score of 17 should be able to carry 255 lbps

But if the barbarian wanted to take bear as the aspect, it would enable them to double their carry weight.
"Powerful Build" is a useful in Fantasy Grounds that usually helps to circumvent this, e.g. on Firbolg's racial trait.

but, if go back to the gnome, "Powerful Build" does exactly what it says on the label, meaning "counts you as one size larger"

Problem with this is that Small and Medium have the same carry capacity
And the wording on the class feature is very specific, your carrying capacity is doubled (not counts as one size larger).

Meaning the gnome will run into complications with carry weight showing that it can carry half of what it actually can, getting thrown some penalties automatically even though it's within the limits.

There should be a way, at least for a GM, to manually edit carry limit etc.

Nickademus
May 13th, 2020, 04:57
Change your size to Medium? Not sure if it matters anywhere else in the ruleset.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 13th, 2020, 15:33
Changing size on the character sheet does nothing (currently). It seems that carrying capacity is stuck on 150 lbs no matter what size you put in. I do not know where that number is parsed from to be honest. It also appears that it is intended to be able to change that capacity because when you mouse over the square it looks as if it is meant to be a changeable number but nothing happens when you try to type something in. These are just my observations so far, perhaps @Zacchaeus could help shed some light on this. He's pretty awesome at helping out :)

Zacchaeus
May 13th, 2020, 16:48
Unless a creature is tiny or bigger than medium then size isn't a factor in carrying capacity. So a Gnome which is small has the same capacity as a medium creature.

If a race has the Powerful Build then FG correctly doubles the carrying capacity. FG doesn't do anything as far as the Bear totem trait is concerned, but if you have access to the powerful build trait from any of the races that do have it then you can drag that trait into the traits tab of the character and it will in fact double the carrying capacity. It does not however do anything if you drag it into a small creature. That I think is probably a bug. So Nickademus' suggestion of making the character size medium instead of small and then dragging in the powerful build trait actually works.

I'm not sure why encumbrance isn't editable. I'm sure there's a good reason.

GavinRuneblade
May 13th, 2020, 18:03
Changing size on the character sheet does nothing (currently). It seems that carrying capacity is stuck on 150 lbs no matter what size you put in. I do not know where that number is parsed from to be honest. It also appears that it is intended to be able to change that capacity because when you mouse over the square it looks as if it is meant to be a changeable number but nothing happens when you try to type something in. These are just my observations so far, perhaps @Zacchaeus could help shed some light on this. He's pretty awesome at helping out :)

open any medium race and drag their "medium" size ability onto your character. That will set the size to medium (if it works you'll be able to see it in chat like my screenshot). THEN drag the powerful build from a goliath, bugbear or firbolg. That should work.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 13th, 2020, 21:04
open any medium race and drag their "medium" size ability onto your character. That will set the size to medium (if it works you'll be able to see it in chat like my screenshot). THEN drag the powerful build from a goliath, bugbear or firbolg. That should work.

There ya go @NoExcuses.. I tried out Gavins sugestion myself and it works.. so there's your solution :)