PDA

View Full Version : Resizing premade tokens

Dazmiuth
March 25th, 2007, 02:06
Sorry for my newbness, but I am not very computer savvy as of yet. I see on rptools that they have a lot of free tokens to download and stuff. However, the tokens are 128x128 pixels or bigger. Is there a program or way that I can shrink these images to 50x50 for use on a 50x50 map? Thanks in advance!!

Daz

richvalle
March 25th, 2007, 02:12
I use Gimp. Its free and pretty easy. I think there are some others that are also free and even easier but I've never checked them out. Someone will be along to tell you what they are. :)

Just google gimp if you want to give it a try.

rv

Griogre
March 27th, 2007, 19:47
I second using Gimp. It's like using a chain saw to cut a flower but because many tokens have transparency you do need a real "art" program.

For the re-sizing of anything without transparency I use IrfanView. A great piece of free software used for graphical file conversions, resizing, changing the color depht and many other types of graphical editing.

drkknight32
April 5th, 2007, 18:24
I just use RPTools with no problem. If you type in 50 on the right side where it shows the 128x128 the program makes the token smaller with no extra work.

Kasamui
April 7th, 2007, 14:02
Easy Thumbnails - free and very good. No transparency effects though.

Adobe Photoshop - That's everything you need to edit all sorts of graphics. The problem is, that it isn't cheap, so Gimp should do.

Valarian
April 7th, 2007, 15:51
For the re-sizing of anything without transparency I use IrfanView. A great piece of free software used for graphical file conversions, resizing, changing the color depht and many other types of graphical editing.

This piece of software is also ideal for character sheet design. Once you have your character sheet designed, open in IrfanView and use the selection tool to highlight your text boxes. The tool gives you the rectangle points to enter in to the XML in charsheet.xml

Oberoten
April 7th, 2007, 18:19
This piece of software is also ideal for character sheet design. Once you have your character sheet designed, open in IrfanView and use the selection tool to highlight your text boxes. The tool gives you the rectangle points to enter in to the XML in charsheet.xml

.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :)

*goes to hunt down Irfanview*
SO much work that could have been SO much smoother.

Valarian
April 8th, 2007, 08:31
.... sorry .... should I have mentioned that earlier?

Oberoten
April 8th, 2007, 13:43
ALL good now though. Started work on a good ole Swedish RPG called Drakar och Demoner a bit back and this has speeded up work on that one very very much.