PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Shadowrun and starwars ruleset from classic to unity?

micael
May 12th, 2020, 10:51
Hi guys,

I copied my campaigns from classic to unity folder- but I also used community rulesets SR4 and starwars saga for 2 campaigns- I always get a error message, after I start unity since I copied the rulesets
in the unity rulesets folder?
Any help or do I have to use the campaigns only with FG classic?
Thanks
Micael

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 13:42
Copy the ruleset .pak files from FGC to the rulesets directory in FGU.

There’s a good chance that these rulesets won’t work properly with FGU and will need editing and fonts replacing. If that’s the case, then please post in the ruleset thread specific to each ruleset you have an issue with.

micael
May 12th, 2020, 14:23
Thanks, but as I wrote, I get error messages doing that and there are no threads for community rulesets SR4 and starwars saga? So what now?
Micael

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 15:51
Sorry, I only saw that you copied the campaigns, not the rulesets. My mistake.

My recommendation would be to keep using these with FG Classic.

Or, you could try and tackle converting the rulesets yourself. It might be a lot of work. There's some discussion around tasks needed in the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Unity thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52869-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Community-Ruleset-crashes-when-loading-in-UNITY But, that ruleset remains FG Classic only while there's a community developer taking on converting it to CoreRPG - which is a very big task.