PDA

View Full Version : Effects and Modifiers not exporting. Story "groups" not exporting for PCs.

mpp7mato
May 12th, 2020, 09:20
Hello,
I have been dabbling in Fantasy Grounds to create a module for KULT: Divinity Lost (CoreRPG) and been happy with what I have been able to produce thus far. As a backup I wanted to export a module of all the content I have created, but have encountered the following issues I hope to get some support with:

A. When exporting my module content, I have checked all of the options I have worked on, but upon loading the module into a separate campaign, I have noticed that "Effects" and "Modifiers" are not displaying for my PCs, only the GM. The original campaign I created displays this info for my PCs however (eye mark checked accordingly). When checking the module info in the library, I have noticed that Effects and Modifiers are not being displayed, despite being checked off when exporting.

B. In the "Story" tab, I have included a lot of info I want shared with my PCs, the exported module shows the info for the PCs but only under "All" - all of the groups I made to better organise all the info has not been exported. Is there a way for the groups in the story drop-down box to be exported as well for PCs?

Many thanks in advance for any support anyone is able to offer.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 16:54
I think both of those are expected behavior :(

I haven't done it in years so it's a faint memory, but I believe that something special has to be done to export Effects and Modifiers. But I don't know where to point you.

As for Groups, they do not export/display for players.

mpp7mato
May 12th, 2020, 18:36
Thanks for the reply - much appreciated. Shame to hear that some of the behaviour is expected, but at the same time good to know it wasn't me doing anything incorrectly. Hopefully someone with some more insight will be able to offer some more direction at some point.

Thanks for clarifying the "groups" - guess I'll have to sit through it with my players if they want the info I've put together categorised.

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 19:23
Export the module as a "Player Module" (option in the export screen). Give the players access to the module (as it's set as a player module this will be default). Then the players can load the module to see the effects and modifiers in the campaign.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 19:33
I'm not seeing this.

You can export effects (there's an option in the export window to export them) and if you export the module and then share it with the players (or export as a player module) the group information is retained. See my screenshots of the DM and player view of a test module I exported. There is no way to export modifiers however.

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 19:43
Effects and Modifiers can be exported in CoreRPG, and the players can open the module and see (And use) both effects and modifiers.

See my post above (post #4) for how to do this.

mpp7mato
May 12th, 2020, 19:46
Thank you very much for the replies. I'll try exporting my module as a player module and getting my players to ensure they load it when joining. Thanks again for the support.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 19:47
Effects and Modifiers can be exported in CoreRPG, and the players can open the module and see (And use) both effects and modifiers.

See my post above (post #4) for how to do this.

Oh, I see that now. When did modifiers get added? Well that's today's lesson. :)

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 19:50
Oh, I see that now. When did modifiers get added? Well that's today's lesson. :)
I was farther off than you! I've got to go play around. Does selecting Player Module make all the difference? Have to go play later :)

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 19:57
I was farther off than you! I've got to go play around. Does selecting Player Module make all the difference? Have to go play later :)

It doesn't matter how you export. Either as a player module or just as a normal module and then make it shareable. In both cases the effects and groups are retained.

What you might be thinking of is when the DM shares something in game - such as an image - then only the image gets shared. No group information goes with it. But modules that have group information will show in the various lists under the groups.

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 20:02
The only difference exporting as a player module does is that the data in the module is in a client.xml file, not a db.xml file. This tells FG to automatically make it available to the players - i.e. puts a green tick in the module activation window. The data structure, as Zacchaeus mentions, is the same.

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2020, 00:22
Thanks. I should know this. I'm getting old.

mpp7mato
May 13th, 2020, 09:40
It worked! Thanks again for the help.