PDA

View Full Version : Vista?

Dazmiuth
March 25th, 2007, 01:34
Any known issues with FG and vista? Anyone running FG on Vista? How does it run?

Cantstanzya
March 25th, 2007, 02:29
I have read that some were running FG with Vista. If you do a search for Vista in the forums you can read what some had said about it. I know that the developers had done some work with FG2 and Vista, so hopefully there won't be any issues with FG2 and Vista.

Culdraug
March 25th, 2007, 03:12
I run it with vista, no problems so far.

Griogre
March 26th, 2007, 19:37
I run FG with Vista also. It needs to run in WinXP Compatibilty mode. Because FG stores things in program files, which is a no no in Vista (they are supposed to be stored under a user) Vista does some sleight of hand to store the files in the user's virtual store program file area.

Dupre
April 4th, 2007, 19:02
FGII has gone through quite radical changes from a directory structure and permissions point of view due to Vista's UAC security control. You do not need to run the application as an administrator or with XP compatibility mode on Vista anymore. The updater does require administrator access level, but it will request for an elevated access level automatically.

All the content file folders are now under '\Documents and Settings\$User\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II' on XP and '\Users\$User\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II' on Vista*. A shortcut to this location will be placed in the start menu along with other items.

*This content location is controlled by a registry key, so if don't like this change, you can move your content folders elsewhere and update the key in the registry.