PDA

View Full Version : Installed new SSD on Desktop, FG is only on old HDD

Elihu
May 12th, 2020, 04:41
I have recently installed a new SSD on my Computer, with a new installation of Windows 10, I have my old HHD as a secondary but not the primary, the SSD now has the OS on it. Should I re-install FG on my new SSD, or should I try to run FG on my old HDD? Is there an easy way to solve this problem before I try the process of reinstalling FG? Is there a way to install FG without it loaded the tons of material i have purchased in the past? I started to install it but it was taking way to long, so I stopped, for a real world event. Any advise?

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2020, 10:39
There's no particular reason to reinstall FG if it is running on your hard drive.

If you do reinstall it will download all of your content again if you change location where your data is stored. You'll also need to copy over your campaign folder etc - again if you change the location.

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 13:43
You will need to run the updater and enter the location of your data directory in the settings. You’ll also need to enter your FG license and account info. This was all stored in your previous Windows installation (in the registry).

tahl_liadon
May 12th, 2020, 19:54
if i had replaced my computer hdd with ssd, i would take extra steps to reinstall everything on the ssd, then correctly migrate app data over as well.

to me, if you have ssd, there is no reason why you would want to run any app on a secondary hdd. processing and data access is so much more snappy.

that's just me :-)