PDA

View Full Version : FGU Updater Freezes while trying to download 5e Curse of Strahd Module

TinCanKing
May 12th, 2020, 03:13
I'm trying to install Fantasy Grounds Unity on a new laptop, and the Updater is getting stuck on a particular module. I have restarted the program multiple times, and I deleted and reinstalled it per the stickied directions here in the forum. In every case, it reaches the Curse of Strahd module for D&D 5e, and it shows the following logs in the Updater Engine log:

59 Response received: {"name":"WOTC5ECOS","productID":36,"location":2,"buildNums":[22],"files":{"files":[{"name":"extensions\/Decal_COS.ext","size":3923878},{"name":"modules\/DD Curse of Strahd Players.mod","size":32540},{"name":"modules\/CoS.mod","size":121655820},{"name":"extensions\/Decal_COS.ext","size":3923878}]},"version":0}
Checking package version.
New version found, updating.
WOTC5ECOS Updating
60 Response received: 125593952

I didn't see any posts about that last response. This laptop is Windows 10. I had no updating FGU or FG Classic on my older laptop (Windows 10).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there at least a way to skip or disable a particular module?

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 03:23
Go into the vault folder and delete WOTC5ECOS.dat. Don't reinstall. You are probably encountering Flood Protection, Advanced Security, Parental Controls or another security measure that protects your network/computer from getting bombarded with lots of data. After you delete the COS module, run another update and see if it downloads. If it gets stuck somewhere else, then check your security settings or just keep deleting the file that gets stalled and run a new update.

TinCanKing
May 12th, 2020, 23:36
I tried this a few times, but the updater kept getting stuck on Curse of Strahd.

damned
May 13th, 2020, 00:15
Comcast? Check your advanced security features.

TinCanKing
May 13th, 2020, 00:29
I have WOW, not Comcast.

LordEntrails
May 13th, 2020, 00:43
I have WOW, not Comcast.
Do they provide Advanced Security or other "products" via a mobile app or website? Many of the ISPs are now providing various security packages (I don't know the OEM) by various names. Some of these are part of various upgrade packages and others are standard. But one of the things they do is block incoming connections and you have to go into the app of website and allow that specific connection (i.e. for each player) every 30 days.

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2020, 01:31
There are no errors reported in the log; so definitely look at any software or router settings that would block downloads (QoS, flood protection, parental control, advanced security, etc.)

Regards,
JPG