PDA

View Full Version : Portraits on the charsheet

Tokuriku
March 25th, 2007, 01:13
I have skimmed the forums and saw a lot of posts saying it is feasable but no code anywhere.
Has somebody figured out a way to put portraits ON the charsheet?

Stuart
March 25th, 2007, 18:04
Sorry to crush your optimism but as far as I know there is no way to link a custom portrait to a players character sheet.

unimatrixzero
March 25th, 2007, 19:55
think again!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5060&page=2

you need to set up an image field on your character sheet
and then once a character has been created go into the db.xml and edit the path of the image source.

i know i'm being a little vague but a few people seem quite protective over the actual code used to put images into FG. sorry :(

but it is possible. :)
Regards
Uni

Stuart
March 25th, 2007, 20:03
Granted this can be done but will this work when a character sheet is closed at the end of a session ... and then reopened ?

unimatrixzero
March 25th, 2007, 20:48
sure will.
Plus if you draw over it(like you do on maps) this will remain for any subsequent sessions as well.

Stuart
March 25th, 2007, 20:57
Cool ! I'm gonna try this tomorrow !

Tokuriku
March 26th, 2007, 01:43
Yeah I tought I would sound like this... edit the database by hand afterwards but what I need is the code to put an image field :P
I looked at all the other xml pages and found some stuff but I can't pinpoint the important parts of it.
If I find anything, I'll let you know.

- EDIT -

OMG it was so easy!!!
Thanks Uni, it was all I needed to figure it out.
And your right when you say that the rewards of using your nugget are great :D
https://legriffondor.com/archives/Chartest.jpg

BTW great ruleset.
Could you tell me a little bit more about the radial menu you seem to have created?
ANd Archetypes.. do you mean people "build" their character...?

unimatrixzero
March 30th, 2007, 00:56
all i did was change the icons for the existing radial menu.

by Archetypes ..i mean...like some RPGs (Shadowrun, Star Wars etc) you can choose a pre-set character and modify it to suit your own taste......the code I have set up allows you to browse the 'rulebook' pick the archetype you want to play and then copy the stats, equipment, flaws/advantages etc to a players character sheet...simply so they don't have to type those details in themselves.....it can speed up character creation time quite a bit.

Glad you like the stuff so far. I must admit I haven't done any more to this particular ruleset. I keep trying to get my head around FG2 lua scripting. And I'm keen to do a SLA Industries ruleset, now that things are starting to pick up again with that particular license with John Dodd at the helm. :)

thx again and i'm glad you figured it out. :)
Uni

Tokuriku
March 30th, 2007, 01:40
But what about this radial menu; I might be wrong but I don't think it's a standard radial menu.
https://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap4ya7.jpg