PDA

View Full Version : Map Help - Brand New to Fantasy Ground Unity and I'm a rookie

scorpion71us
May 11th, 2020, 18:50
I am currently playing D&D again 30 years later after graduating high school and recently retiring from the Air Force. Playing with my original group of high school friends. I am the DM and we are loving it. Isolation, tele-working, and COVID-19 brought us back together.

We are playing our first adventure, Tide of Retribution from Wildemount, and everything has been going perfect until today when I did something to mess up the "Ruined Palma Flora Map (Players)". We play again this Friday night and should finish if I can fix the map.

I was in the map today and did something...now the map no longer appears. All I see is a plain brown grid with one push pin in the middle of the screen. Any clue what I did and how to fix it? Is there a procedure to re-import Wildemount and/or the map?

Thanks from the old guy!

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 19:01
Welcome!

I assume you want the map to go back to how it was when you first loaded/opened it from the module? If so, from the maps/images window list, Right click on the image name/record and select Revert. That will reset it back to the unmodified image/version.

Trenloe
May 11th, 2020, 19:03
You've changed the visibility of the map layer.

Go to the layers menu. Then click on the "Ruined Palma Flora Map" and click on that line in the location beneath the "eye" in the header (you may need to click slightly to the left - just after the end of the layer name). Hover over the blank area beneath the eye and you'll get a "Set Visibility" tooltip - click there to change the visibility. The eye with the person icon means it's visible to the GM and the players, the eye on its own means it's just visible to the GM.

scorpion71us
May 11th, 2020, 19:06
OMG! Too easy. Thank you LordEntrails.

Trenloe - thank you also.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 19:27
You've changed the visibility of the map layer.

Go to the layers menu. Then click on the "Ruined Palma Flora Map" and click on that line in the location beneath the "eye" in the header (you may need to click slightly to the left - just after the end of the layer name). Hover over the blank area beneath the eye and you'll get a "Set Visibility" tooltip - click there to change the visibility. The eye with the person icon means it's visible to the GM and the players, the eye on its own means it's just visible to the GM.
I wasn't sure about this. Personally I find it very... challenging that the visibility icon totally disappears in some cases. Wish it just had a line through it :)