PDA

View Full Version : Descriptions in New Encounters?

ndjester
May 11th, 2020, 16:28
I must be missing the obvious here, but just getting into FG and making an encounter. Have added the NPCs but a description of the encounter is as easily important as what is in it. For the life of me, I cant find anywhere where I can actually add text or a description unless it's in the title, which seems like the wrong place ... anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

ScriedRaven
May 11th, 2020, 16:40
What the official modules do is write the description in a story, then link the encounter in the story.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 16:52
Encounters don't have descriptions, just names. USually all of your 'encounter' details are in a story entry. Think of your stories as your location and/or encounter details like in a module. That story will ahve read aloud text, GM text, and links to other things too. Such as links to encounters, parcels, images, quests, and what ever else you want. As an example, see this and the following posts, these are the format I use for most of my story entries; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41576-44-Trillion-Dungeon-Room-Descriptions&p=369388&viewfull=1#post369388

ndjester
May 11th, 2020, 17:09
Thanks guys - forgot about Stories! :/