PDA

View Full Version : Failed Connection Test

TXCBoy36
May 11th, 2020, 06:06
I ran the connection test and it failed. I did have the fantasygrounds web site up and running when I ran the test.

It stated that I may need to configure my firewall and/or router to accept and forward connections to port 1802. Sorry, but I do not know how to fix this or even access to make sure that connections are going through port 1802.

Any technical advise is appreciated by those smarter than me.

Thanks!:)

damned
May 11th, 2020, 06:35
Work your way through the first two posts on the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained thread.

TXCBoy36
May 11th, 2020, 06:54
Thanks, I am trying to locate this thread through the search function....

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 06:59
Thanks, I am trying to locate this thread through the search function....
Use the 'Site Search', it's much better than the forum search.

Link is; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

TXCBoy36
May 14th, 2020, 08:38
Use the 'Site Search', it's much better than the forum search.

Link is; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

I have been working on fixing this connection test. To be honest, some of this is new to me which means some of the terms found on the tread that you recommended are alien to me. I did access the router and setup the rules to accept and forward connections to port 1802. However, to make these changes, I have to reboot my router which then changes my IP address which is then a conflict with the previously made rule.

I am needing some directives on how to fix this as I have been working on this for a couple of hours but not sure how to make this rule active in my router configuration without the IP Address changing after I reboot the router to make these changes active.

Any advise on how to get this resolved would be great as this is getting very frustrating.
Thanks!

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2020, 16:09
Your router will have a location to reserve or to assign a fixed IP to a device. That way your FG computer will always have the same IP address and your port forwarding will always work. If you can let us know the make and model of your router we might be able to give you specific instructions.

Also note that FGC uses protocol TCP while FGU uses protocol UDP. I don't think that post details that as it was written before FGU came out.

TXCBoy36
May 15th, 2020, 05:10
Your router will have a location to reserve or to assign a fixed IP to a device. That way your FG computer will always have the same IP address and your port forwarding will always work. If you can let us know the make and model of your router we might be able to give you specific instructions.

Also note that FGC uses protocol TCP while FGU uses protocol UDP. I don't think that post details that as it was written before FGU came out.

I think I have it fixed.....YEAH!!!!

I have my windows firewall, which was turned on, and a 2nd security software with an active firewall protection. I turned off my windows firewall and turned on my secondary firewall where it has the port rule in place....after I turned off my windows firewall and ran the connection test, it is now showing a passed test result. thanks for all that helped me with all of this!!!!

Now I just need to get my license key and I am off and running to the races!!!

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2020, 17:12
I think I have it fixed.....YEAH!!!!

I have my windows firewall, which was turned on, and a 2nd security software with an active firewall protection. I turned off my windows firewall and turned on my secondary firewall where it has the port rule in place....after I turned off my windows firewall and ran the connection test, it is now showing a passed test result. thanks for all that helped me with all of this!!!!

Now I just need to get my license key and I am off and running to the races!!!
Great to hear :)

Happy Gaming!

TXCBoy36
May 16th, 2020, 09:11
Great to hear :)

Happy Gaming!

Just got my Ultimate License KEY!!!! Things are looking good!