PDA

View Full Version : Steam Gift

UltimateGM
May 11th, 2020, 03:21
So I purchased the players handbook for D&D 5e for a friend through steam and gifted it to him. He has a Unity subscription for the ultimate license and I am thinking because he doesn't have it purchased through steam that it is not allowing him to get it. We contacted support for steam but they said he doesn't own the base game. So I figured it might be that I needed to contact you guys and see what I need to do so that he can run games using it as he has bought a few products already. I am trying to get another person on board with fantasy grounds to expand our customer base.

damned
May 11th, 2020, 03:33
I dont think you will be able to do anything until it becomes available on Steam.

UltimateGM
May 11th, 2020, 03:40
So if he does a subscription for classic will it work? Im not sure if it will track that in steam. Seems he needs to buy the base game for 149.98?

damned
May 11th, 2020, 03:42
So if he does a subscription for classic will it work? Im not sure if it will track that in steam. Seems he needs to buy the base game for 149.98?

A $3.95 sub will work and then he will need to "add the game to his steam library" or something like that.
You might want to ping [email protected]

UltimateGM
May 11th, 2020, 03:48
3.95 isnt going to allow out 2 demo players to connect which is why I told him it would be better getting the 9.99 sub. I just refunded it and I am going to give him the cash to get it when I see him.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 07:09
You can gift things through the FG store, and no Steam licenses are required etc.

UltimateGM
May 11th, 2020, 13:04
How do I gift through the Fantasy Grounds store? I never knew that! Thank you for helping me and to Damned as well for answering my late night questions.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 16:19
How do I gift through the Fantasy Grounds store? I never knew that! Thank you for helping me and to Damned as well for answering my late night questions.
You can gift through the FG Store only for entire orders. So don't group stuff that you want plus want you want to gift in one purchase. And you can't split an order up to gift to different people.

Go to your Order History, any orders less than 7 days old will be available for gifting. There is a column on the right titled "Gift?" and their will be a button there if it's available for gifting (which if within 7 days it should be).

Trenloe
May 11th, 2020, 17:43
Info in the FAQ: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq#faq_giftinginfo