PDA

View Full Version : Guardian of Faith

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 17:59
Think this may be a bug but not sure: I'm having issues with the Spell "Guardian of Faith" parsing into an NPCs spell list... it doesn't seem to recognise it as exsisting.. i've even tried misspelling and/or Caps when i add it into the NPC skills block... all the other spells i gave the NPC pars correctly

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 18:06
I'm not seeing any issues. Can you post a screenshot or two perhaps?

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 18:21
Ok, I see the problem... Gaurdian of Faith is a 4th level spell, not 1st.. (unless i totally missed an errata change somewhere) also the acolyte should have the following 1st lvl spells: bless, cure wounds and sanctuary (according to my physical PHB (pg 208) and MM (pg 342)

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 18:29
Also @Zacchaeus ... I totaly forgot to mention this is in Unity and probably should have posted it there

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 18:29
Ok, I see the problem... Gaurdian of Faith is a 4th level spell, not 1st.. (unless i totally missed an errata change somewhere) also the acolyte should have the following 1st lvl spells: bless, cure wounds and sanctuary (according to my physical PHB (pg 208) and MM (pg 342)

All I did was amend the spell list of an Acolyte removing one spell and inserting the Guardian of Faith spell into it. It doesn't matter what other spells or what spell level it is it should work - as you can see from the image I showed.

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 18:34
Also @Zacchaeus ... I totaly forgot to mention this is in Unity and probably should have posted it there

It works in Unity as well.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 18:53
hmmm... still not working for me... and i'm pretty comp stupid so not sure how to do a screenshot :(
I know, shocking in this day and age :(

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 19:04
Press Print Screen on your keyboard and then paste into paint and save it as a jpg. Or better use the Snipping Tool. Click menu > Window Accessories > Snipping Tool

Also the other thing that strikes me. You are deleting all of the spells from the NPC once you have added or edited them, and then closing and reopening the NPC sheet. Also you do have the PHB open when you do this as well? See the last video listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42440-Tutorial-Video-Series

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 19:16
ok.. please be patient with me.. gonna try learning new things here
Also yes i have tried the closing and reopening thing with the npc sheet
And yes, the PHB is unlocked and checked for player use even tho i am on the DM side here

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 19:22

aha,,, i do learn new things ;) here is ny screenshot.. hoping i do this right :)

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 19:33
it even populates my 2 homebrew spells profane flame and scorpion sentinal, but not GoF
actually they are just reskinned versions of sacred flame and wyvern watch to give them more thematic flavor :)

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 19:49
Ok, I got it... I tryed the deleting all spells thing and repopulating the whole list and it finally worked... thank you so very much for your help :o
and i even learned a new thing today :D

Scuba72
May 10th, 2020, 20:13
I just tried to replicate the issue. Low and behold I was able to get the same thing you have Mysteria. I fixed it by scrolling lower on the NPC sheet and dragging in the spell into the spells section at the bottom. It did not populate by just typing the spell name into the spell list. I then had to remove the NPC from the combat tracker and re-add it. Then the spell was present with the effects that Zacchaeus' pic shows.

Mysteria_Sdrassa
May 10th, 2020, 20:22
yes,, according to the video i watched (thanks Zachereous :) ) you have to delete ALL the spells in the list on the bottom to force it to repopulate properly if you add a spell at a later date, just closing and reopening the NPC sheet will not do it

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 22:06
I just tried to replicate the issue. Low and behold I was able to get the same thing you have Mysteria. I fixed it by scrolling lower on the NPC sheet and dragging in the spell into the spells section at the bottom. It did not populate by just typing the spell name into the spell list. I then had to remove the NPC from the combat tracker and re-add it. Then the spell was present with the effects that Zacchaeus' pic shows.

You need to delete the existing spells from the NPC spell section when you edit or add to the spellcasting trait. Then close and re-open the NPC sheet for the spells to populate. Don't add spells by dragging and dropping - they will not work.

Scuba72
May 10th, 2020, 22:30
But it did work. Without deleting anything. The spell functioned, effect applied and forced the save from the player.
Could this be because I created a copy of the NPC (by dragging the shield icon into uncategorized) in the uncategorized section of the NPC tab?
BTW, Im not trying to argue, just looking for clarification. Is it possible this issue got fixed in the latest patch?

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2020, 00:45
There is no issue as such. Spells are populated via the Spellcasting feature. Dragging spells into the NPC I believe won’t create the correct save DC for one thing. (I’m not sure on that and can’t test it).