PDA

View Full Version : HTML import

HywelPhillips
May 10th, 2020, 16:39
Hi Everyone,

Is there a straightforward way to import from HTML into FG?

Specifically, I have a bunch of HTML content that I'd like to bring into FGU on a Mac whilst retaining table info and as much as possible of the text formatting, translating to FGU formatted text (H tags to header text, etc.) so on as far as possible without having to manually reformat everything.

I've got a whole city exported from Cityographer which contains nice randomly-generated tables of names, races, backgrounds, drinks for sale and all sorts of other fun stuff. It makes a big HTML file for the whole city. I don't mind slicing it up into building by building story items so I can pin them to the map by hand.

But the ability to cut and paste an HTML table and at least have the rows and columns come into FGU formatted text would be super helpful. I don't need to generate rollable FGU tables, just bring in the text to a story and retain the text formatting, including the HTML tables.

Any thoughts?

Hywel

LordEntrails
May 10th, 2020, 19:32
Not that I know of. There are two community extension that allow you to cut and past csv tables into FG. Perhaps their is an easy way to get an html table into a CSV table?