PDA

View Full Version : importinfo does not seem to work with importruleset?

UrsaTeddy
May 10th, 2020, 14:20
Greetings All,

I have been working on an extension ruleset using <importruleset source="BASERULESETHERE" /> and everything has been going pretty smoothly.

However one thing that does not seem to work - assuming it is supposed to work this way - is extensions.

In the extension ruleset, I have added the <importinfo> block with <acceptfrom ruleset="BASERULESETHERE" />, however no extensions that specify that the base ruleset can load the extension is allowed to be loaded for my new ruleset.

Is there something else that I need to allow this to occur? Or do I have to modify any extensions that are compatible with the original ruleset so that they are useable by my new ruleset?

Thanks for any help,
D

damned
May 10th, 2020, 14:38
You will need to modify the extensions...

Whats your ruleset?

UrsaTeddy
May 10th, 2020, 14:42
You will need to modify the extensions...

Whats your ruleset?

Thank you for the answer.

I would have thought that importing a ruleset would allow for usage of extensions for that ruleset.

The specific ruleset is SavageWorlds, however I assume this does not matter in this context, unless there is something I do not know.

Thanks again.
D

damned
May 10th, 2020, 14:50
If you are extending SaWo and want to use all teh SaWo extensions make your code an extension rather than a ruleset.

UrsaTeddy
May 10th, 2020, 14:56
If you are extending SaWo and want to use all teh SaWo extensions make your code an extension rather than a ruleset.

The modifications make the ruleset different enough to warrant a ruleset rather than an extension for my group's play style.

However I will consider your suggestion if it gets too "messy".

Thanks,
D