PDA

View Full Version : weapon list.

Grendel111111
May 10th, 2020, 07:08
Is there a way to remove weapons and items from the standard lists for savage worlds so people don't do “the a laser sword is on the weapon list I want to buy that“.
Or how to make a separate campaign list of available equipment?

IceBear
May 10th, 2020, 12:27
The standard list is coming from when they load the SWADE players guide. If that's not loaded then they won't see any items than what you share with them. They also won't see any Edges, skills, powers etc.

So you can either tell the players they can only use items from certain categories and then make sure that's all they have (as soon as someone attacks with a laser sword in your fantasy game you'll know,) or you can recreate all the stuff in the SWADE players guide that you want them to use and only load that.

I'm lazy so in my Tyrnador campaign I tagged all my items `Trynador so they show up first and tell my players only items tagged that

Ikael
May 10th, 2020, 14:04
There is no way to do it yet but it is on my todo list.

Grendel111111
May 10th, 2020, 14:24
Thanks, both of you. IceBear, do you make copies of the core items you want available then tag those too? Ikael, The work you have done is amazing, Thanks for doing it.

IceBear
May 10th, 2020, 14:34
Thanks, both of you. IceBear, do you make copies of the core items you want available then tag those too? Ikael, The work you have done is amazing, Thanks for doing it.

I don't do it that way as it's too much work copying over all the stuff that would be missing if they didn't have the SWADE players guide...there are tables for injuries and soooo many other things.

It was just easier to tell the players to just use the allowed items.

In my case, with Tyranador since the items cost differently than in SWADE I copied them from SWADE and changed the cost (and any other changes) and added them to the `Tyrnador group. Now when the players go into Items those will be at the top.

My friend who's running Rifts tagged his items Rifts and those are the only ones we can pick

Edit: I see I misread your comment but I did answer it later. Yes...since there are differences in my case I copied them...even if there wasn't it would be easier for organizing and explaining to the players what they can and can't buy

Grendel111111
May 10th, 2020, 14:45
Thanks The make a group was the key I was looking for.