PDA

View Full Version : FGU steam license ETA

AzazelHnF
May 10th, 2020, 03:53
So any word on when is Unity going to be avail for those that have a Steam version?

damned
May 10th, 2020, 04:31
There is no current ETA.
There are several factors involved and there has been no public information on when.

BillyBeardDm
May 10th, 2020, 06:02
This may have been asked before, but if I get FGU will my content i purchased off steam transfer over to that new license?

LordEntrails
May 10th, 2020, 06:17
This may have been asked before, but if I get FGU will my content i purchased off steam transfer over to that new license?
Yes.

BillyBeardDm
May 10th, 2020, 22:45
Let me be a little more specific lol. If I get FGU right now off the smiteworks site, will my steam modules transfer over to the non steam license.

Sorry I was just asking again because my first question seemed like it could easily be read as if I meant when it comes out on steam.

damned
May 11th, 2020, 00:05
Let me be a little more specific lol. If I get FGU right now off the smiteworks site, will my steam modules transfer over to the non steam license.

Sorry I was just asking again because my first question seemed like it could easily be read as if I meant when it comes out on steam.

So long as you do this - yes.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 00:18
As long as you sync your Steam account, all of your current FG content on Steam will download to FGU now.

BillyBeardDm
May 11th, 2020, 00:55
Thanks you guys are awesome

AzazelHnF
May 11th, 2020, 16:48
This may be the case that we can use all our content purchased thru steam, that is good. But if I have a Steam Ultimate License can i get the discount for buying the non steam Unity Ultimate license? If not, why not? I have a valid key! I know the app is still in Beta, but I feel because I purchased all my content thru steam, which was a valid way to purchase the products. I should also be able to get a discount regardless where I purchase on your platform or Steam. Or at least, get the main license app on steam in beta so those of us that have it, can also get discount.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 17:03
This may be the case that we can use all our content purchased thru steam, that is good. But if I have a Steam Ultimate License can i get the discount for buying the non steam Unity Ultimate license? If not, why not? I have a valid key! I know the app is still in Beta, but I feel because I purchased all my content thru steam, which was a valid way to purchase the products. I should also be able to get a discount regardless where I purchase on your platform or Steam. Or at least, get the main license app on steam in beta so those of us that have it, can also get discount.
As a user I can only surmise. I suspect one of the driving reasons that Steam Licenses can not be used to get a discount on a FGU license through the FG Store is because the process would have to be manual and a person would have to take substantial time to verify the Steam code and then create or somehow make the discount available to the person requesting it. And simply put SmiteWorks, even with the new customer support rep, just doesn't have enough people to handle the time all the requests this would put on their support team. Their might also be legal restrictions based upon their contract/agreement with Steam/Valve.

My experience with SmiteWorks is if they could support their users with something like this, they would. That they are not doing so means that for some valid reason they can't.

AzazelHnF
May 11th, 2020, 18:27
As a user I can only surmise. I suspect one of the driving reasons that Steam Licenses can not be used to get a discount on a FGU license through the FG Store is because the process would have to be manual and a person would have to take substantial time to verify the Steam code and then create or somehow make the discount available to the person requesting it. And simply put SmiteWorks, even with the new customer support rep, just doesn't have enough people to handle the time all the requests this would put on their support team. Their might also be legal restrictions based upon their contract/agreement with Steam/Valve.

My experience with SmiteWorks is if they could support their users with something like this, they would. That they are not doing so means that for some valid reason they can't.

I don't see how they can't verify what I have, the steam account is integrated with there system for updates...I have the Unity Beta Demo version...it know what I own and updates it...so sure there is some legal reason. But, not knowing when I can expect or if I will ever be eligible...that is my problem. There is nothing I can find about the subject officially! As a person that owns a bit of content, and ETA or some new about the issue...would maybe stop me from having a bad taste in my mouth about this subject. I am willingly to pay for the new Unity Ultimate License..but when one person can get a discount for owning the same app i do...I should be able to partake of the same discount regardless of what store I went thru to get there product.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 18:53
I don't see how they can't verify what I have, the steam account is integrated with there system for updates...I have the Unity Beta Demo version...it know what I own and updates it...so sure there is some legal reason. But, not knowing when I can expect or if I will ever be eligible...that is my problem. There is nothing I can find about the subject officially! As a person that owns a bit of content, and ETA or some new about the issue...would maybe stop me from having a bad taste in my mouth about this subject. I am willingly to pay for the new Unity Ultimate License..but when one person can get a discount for owning the same app i do...I should be able to partake of the same discount regardless of what store I went thru to get there product.
I don't think anyone, including Smiteworks is arguing about 'should'. I'm sure SmiteWorks wants to be able to provide FGU on Steam as soon as possible. They have an existing customer base there that I'm sure they want to support.

I didn't say they could not verify it. I said it would take time to verify it and that given they are already over loaded with support requests they probably don't have time to add something that will put hundreds or thousands of new support requests in an already over loaded queue :(

SmiteWorks has said that the biggest issue was on the Steam/Valve side, something they don't control. So they can't give an ETA if they don't have one and the solution is not something they can work on. The suggestion has been made by other users that users who want FGU on Steam should reach out to Steam Support or post on the Steam support forums indicating that they are waiting and would like more info from the Steam support team and perhaps to help let Steam know how important an issue this is to you.

As always, be polite and respectful. We don't want to hinder the relationship between Valve and SmiteWorks over an issue that we don't know all the details of.

AzazelHnF
May 11th, 2020, 19:17
I am just wanting to get an answer to a question, not start World War 3. There are options for me to go ahead and upgrade, but the app at full price, or go to monthly sub to have access. My question is when, if at all can I expect to get equal discount. If other users had to pay same, the question would not even be made. I'm sure it is not intentional, and I will make my case in Steam forums for sure. But I guess the answer is for now...no discount...thank you for shopping at Steam. Which, well still sucks!

Trenloe
May 11th, 2020, 19:21
My question is when, if at all can I expect to get equal discount.

See the note in the "Are there any discounts for upgrading from FGC to FGU?" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php

As for ETA - that's already been mentioned. No ETA because it is out of SmiteWorks hands.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 19:23
Yep, understand all of it. And as I tried to say, your expectations are normal and acceptable. There is no doubt that things suck as is for Steam regulars who want FGU. Wish I could say something more encouraging, and I'm sure that SmiteWorks does too.

One thing to keep in mind, you could avail yourself of the 30 day refund policy if needed. Meaning if you bought a subscription and FGU comes out on Steam in that month, then you could get a refund and turn around and get it through Steam. But, that's more work, and still a 'risk' on your part.

brendude
May 11th, 2020, 20:39
Availing myself of the 30 day refund policy is exactly what I've gone and done. It's nice to finally be using FGU! Hoping they release on steam in the 30 days of course. LordEntrails I've seen you mention whatever issue is causing the delayed release on Steam is out of Smiteworks hands but I've yet to find developer confirmation on this. Do you have a source on that or is it speculation?

Sulimo
May 11th, 2020, 21:32
Availing myself of the 30 day refund policy is exactly what I've gone and done. It's nice to finally be using FGU! Hoping they release on steam in the 30 days of course. LordEntrails I've seen you mention whatever issue is causing the delayed release on Steam is out of Smiteworks hands but I've yet to find developer confirmation on this. Do you have a source on that or is it speculation?

Here's a video chat (https://youtu.be/lQwj_Aol8cI?list=PL3h0dIaiayC8gms6uKr1UbA2VJ2aEou_ 2&t=601) a few weeks ago regarding the difficulties with Steam. The discussions lasts probably 5 or so minutes.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2020, 21:35
Not speculation. Is is based off of my memory of a comment or series of comments from Doug. I don't remember where though.

From memory and to paraphrase; He said that the problem was that with the ~1500 DLC products that need to be registered/recognized by two different Programs (FGC and FGU).

Meaning that the something like LMoP needs to be available to purchase to owners of both FGC and/or FGU, and that if you have FGC and LMoP that when you buy FGU it also knows you have LMoP (and won't let you buy it again, among other things). Apparently no other Steam games/applications have this type of requirement. Or at least any existing solution does not work with so many DLC add-ons.

brendude
May 11th, 2020, 22:32
Not speculation. Is is based off of my memory of a comment or series of comments from Doug. I don't remember where though.

From memory and to paraphrase; He said that the problem was that with the ~1500 DLC products that need to be registered/recognized by two different Programs (FGC and FGU).

Meaning that the something like LMoP needs to be available to purchase to owners of both FGC and/or FGU, and that if you have FGC and LMoP that when you buy FGU it also knows you have LMoP (and won't let you buy it again, among other things). Apparently no other Steam games/applications have this type of requirement. Or at least any existing solution does not work with so many DLC add-ons.

I found what you're talking about (later in that FG Fridays livestream video Sulimo posted): https://youtu.be/lQwj_Aol8cI?t=930

The only thing is since we've had no update in over 7 weeks, it's possible Steam has since provided direction that they do have to go back and republish all 1500 of their DLC and we just don't know about it. Anyways, I know there's nothing to be done about it. Just hoping a developer sees one of these posts and can commiserate. Maybe then we can get some kind of update. Even if it's just reconfirming they're waiting on Steam, no ETA. In the meantime, I'll enjoy FGU and hope they release on Steam inside my 30 days so I can get the regional pricing.

houseofdexter
May 16th, 2020, 20:03
Hell...I would give up my Steam license...If I could upgrade to FGU Ulitmate(Smiteworks) with discount.

Suggestion...Create a second product on Steam FGU and pass out discount coupons to purchase for the current license.