PDA

View Full Version : Coming from Roll 20 - but need some help

J1gglyButt3r
May 9th, 2020, 21:38
Hi Everyone,

I started running the Dragon of Icespire peak with my parents at christmas. In the New Year we moved to doing it online (as I live 200 miles away). I decided to use roll 20 but over the last few sessions it has become so bad to use it is ruining the game: Slow to load, dynamic lighting keeps breaking revealing the map for everyone.

So I wanted to try my luck here, I have downloaded the Unity version to test and see how good/different it is. I have noticed that the Icespire peak is "free" for the next month so figured it was the perfect time to try it.

I wanted to ask, can I get the campaign for free still if I don't own a FG licence? This will really help to see if I need to move over as I would have to rebuy the campaign all over again which is alot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2020, 23:13
No, a license is required to get the various Free adventures from WotC. If you purchase via the FG Store their is a 30 day refund policy,no questions. So you can either try a one-time license or a subscription and if it doesn't work out for you within 30 days you can then request a refund.

One thing to note about subscriptions, they are processed by PayPal and when you cancel they take effect immediately, so you need to make sure to cancel at the end of your 30 day pay period and not earlier.