PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] FGU corrupted my FGC DB !

39Sam
May 9th, 2020, 18:09
Hello there,

I was doing a new install of FGU and to my dismay this stooopid installer used the data folder of FGC. Naively I though that FGU had *imported* my stuff in his own datafolder when I saw my campains here but it is not the case ! Now when I try to launch my campain with FGC, the game is stuck endlessly trying to load (I get "Loading, please wait..." for more than 30mn before I lose patience).

Before coming here and asking for help, I did a restore of my DB by using the last db.session that was created before my installation of FGU. But this changes nothing, my FGC start screen is still stuck.

Do you know if there are other files that FGU may have corrupted in the FGC data folder besides the db.xml ?

JohnD
May 9th, 2020, 18:16
Default install location for FGU data folder purposefully does not go to the location of the FGC data folder. So, it must have been changed during the install routine by whoever did the install.

I believe MoonWizard has said, the conversion is 1-way only, so you should copy your folders from FGC and paste them into the FGU Data directories instead of pointing FGU at the FGC folder.

Not sure you'll be able to recover from this in terms of FGC usability, but I'm no programmer or tech support guru.

39Sam
May 9th, 2020, 18:28
Default install location for FGU data folder purposefully does not go to the location of the FGC data folder. So, it must have been changed during the install routine by whoever did the install.
I had defined a specific data folder for FGC, I assume that the installer picked it up from somewhere in the registry.

But anyway I found a solution:
I created a new campain, and then replaced the db.xml of the new campain with my save from my old campain. I lost the character portraits but that's fine I can live with that.

Thanks for the reply !

JohnD
May 9th, 2020, 18:59
Lucky! Good to hear you're operational again though. :)