PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 2 more for Pathfinder 2E homebrew campaign, Sunday's 7:30pm EST

GodsProxy
May 9th, 2020, 17:20
FG License: Ultimate (I have the core books and grab books as required)
Pathfinder 2e Homebrew setting
Long Term Campaign (estimated level 1 to 12ish, we can cut it shorter or make it longer)
Sunday 7:30pm-10:30pm EST
Time zone: Eastern
-------------------------
Frequency: Weekly
Start Date: Sunday May 17th (session 0)
Voice using discord (Decent mic and push to talk required)
Roleplay and Combat: Varies by session, preference of balance to be discussed session 0
Players needed: 2 (have 3 already. Ideal group size is 5)
Starting level and equipment: lvl 1 standard equipment
Character restrictions: Core Rule Book

ABOUT THE DM
I have been playing 5E for about two years no and have been running a successful long term 5E campaign for the past eight months. Some of my players had an interest in playing PF2E so here I am creating a second campaign. I am new to the system having been a player for three months so my rules knowledge will not be perfect. I take the time to create a rich world for you to explore and develop your characters in. I'm always open to player idea's, if there is something your character wants to do let me know and I will work on integrating it into the campaign. I take a very collaborative approach to DM'ing and enjoy it when players have idea's or goals that can be used to sculpt the campaign and the world.

PREMISE
1763 years have passed since the Age of Light when the races of surface dwellers were driven from the surface to the deepest depths below the under dark. It is now the Age of Embers and the once vast empires of surface races descendants live in geo-forged hidden Citadels, using the spheres core for warmth. The once divided races of Elf, Human, Dwarf and the other proud races live in homogenized societies inside their hidden subterranean fortresses. Each member learning a vital trade or skill from a young age ensuring that all members of the small society contribute.

It is recorded that since the beginning of the Age of Embers that every year at the same time an Arcane beacons message can be heard, that one nation survived and has built the Citadel of Light, that all should return to the surface to be reunited with their ancestors kinsmen who have endured on the surface.

Every year the Citadel chooses those who will form the team who is tasked with returning to the surface and finding the Citadel of Light. For the past 1762 years since the first beacon no team has returned successful, most teams do not return at all.
You have been chosen to be apart of the next team. Making your way up the Underdark and returning to the surface to find the Citadel of Light to allow the people of your Citadel to return to the surface.

[The setting] This is a home brew world in the making. Players can contribute to the word and flesh it out. Did you just discover a long-lost temple that’s name has been lost to time? Give it a name and make it a permanent fixture. Do you have an idea for something cool or intriguing to add the world, let me know! The world is ours to sculpt collaboratively.

[RP] It is expected that players will maintain some semblance of maturity and work with the party within reason. Feel free to explore your character as we work in your background, have fun with it but work to create an inclusive scenario that we can all partake in. Interpersonal conflict between characters is cool as long as it is well handled and does not boil over into something that may ruin the group.

ABOUT THE GAME

Things to be cool with
-Homebrew that may not be perfectly balanced. I am always willing to work with the players to work out any discrepancies.
-A GM that prioritizes story and the rule of cool most of the time
-Few guideposts. I will create the setting to get the party working together but after those initial interactions the world is yours. The "Master plot" will have hooks out, but it is up to the party to bite. Follow the hooks for as long as you like, set your own goals and diverge as you see fit. Want to learn about a thing? Figure it out. Want to locate that lost unnamed temple? Figure it out. Any thing is possible. Want to help the BBEG in the master plot instead of working against him? Go ask if he wants to be friends.
-Intrigue, grit and gore. The world can be a dangerous and violent place that contains adult themes. The depth of these themes will be discussed during session 0.
-Being a team. It is much easier on all of us if the players take cooperative approaches instead of being at odds and constantly diverging or just doing their own thing. Losing time about how to handle a situation or what to do next is no fun. Follow the leader, put in to a vote, put your collective heads together and work threw the situation amicably.

TO APPLY

Read the instruction in the application carefully. You are welcome to respond to the thread or in a PM.
Sessions will be every Sunday at 7:30pm EST and run for roughly 3 hours.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. If you are new to PF2e that is perfectly fine if you are willing to learn and participate.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name):
Time Zone:

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had
- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play
- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind (can be the character you have in mind, or just a general character concept you think would be fun to play)
- Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?
- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling
- How much experience do you have with PF2e

Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions feel free to PM me.

SKarate
May 17th, 2020, 02:33
Sent a PM, if you still have a slot.

LittleMudkip
May 17th, 2020, 16:44
Wolfykip (new user name dk how to update it on here)
Est
I was a bad role player at first and kinda cringe because I was yong but I worked on my character In many ways and now I’m super proud of how well fleshed out he is now at level 5 this game has been going on for years.
I like to role play and get into character even though I improve personality as I go.
A gnome alchemist who sell relics from ruins and old structures on the side.
No bad GM although I had issues with my first one like with game dates but that was in the past
I would let the GM have his ruling of it was game breaking but for minor stuff I would try to compromise
I’ve played quite a bit of pf2e through a goblin bard named gibble he is level 2 and I have just finished my first play by post

Plz pm me if you have a slot open I really need a game to play with this virus stuff it’s killing me