PDA

View Full Version : Menu <> Sidebar

sadwargamer
May 9th, 2020, 15:19
@celestian - latest update does not allow to swap between sidebar and menus - I have tried via settings (restarting each time) and it always loads the sidebar.

sadwargamer
May 11th, 2020, 16:37
Still unable to swap from Sidebar to Menus after todays update (11 may) get a script error when toggling MENU/SIDEBAR in settings:

[5/11/2020 4:34:30 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/menubutton.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'OptionsManager' (a nil value)
[5/11/2020 4:35:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/menubutton.lua"]:19: attempt to index global 'OptionsManager' (a nil value)

celestian
May 11th, 2020, 17:41
@celestian - latest update does not allow to swap between sidebar and menus - I have tried via settings (restarting each time) and it always loads the sidebar.

Are you using FGU?

Currently FGU doesn't have the API calls that FGC (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57497-windowinstance-minimize()-fails-in-FGU) does to allow it to function properly. Once it does you will be able to use the new Menu system.

sadwargamer
May 11th, 2020, 17:51
Yes, using FGU - thanks

(It did work when you first release dit but stopped teh build before todays)

celestian
May 11th, 2020, 18:42
Yes, using FGU - thanks

(It did work when you first release dit but stopped teh build before todays)

Yes, the initial version did not work properly displaying over some windows. The new version will do that but uses a different series of window types than the original version. The new version will properly display over windows when opened now but we'll have to wait for FGU to catch up to FGC to add those menus. I hope it's soon but if not and FGU gets released w/o the API calls I'll hide that setting until they do.