PDA

View Full Version : Campaign simulation

eriktedesco
May 9th, 2020, 11:24
Hi everyone, hope you and your families are fine, Covid19-wise.

I'm preparing a new campaign for my group. Since I don't want to spoil its content, I'm simulating the campaign on my computer with a FGU instance as GM and the other like a player (via Windows 10 virtual desktop).

Is it possible to run multiple instance as a player, by adding more virtual desktops?

It's just to have a better grasp of the dynamic of the encounters (balancing, etc).

Thanks a lot!

Erik

esmdev
May 9th, 2020, 12:16
Hi.

With an unlimited license you could probably do that with a bunch of demo licenses.

However if I am understanding your intention correctly I don't think it's necessary.

If you just want to test encounters vs. PCs you can do this on the host system. You can just click add all the PCs and encounters mobs and then run everything through the combat tracker. The only reason you need the player view window is to see what a player will see which can generally be done with the localhost login.

I generally don't need the localhost anymore except on some maps where the color and masking are too close. So I stay logged in the localhost so I can be sure I unmasked what I think I unmasked. Otherwise the host is all I really need.

eriktedesco
May 9th, 2020, 12:30
Hi esmdev, thanks a lot for the answer.

For unlimited, do you mean ultimate?

I have done what you suggested and it works fine!

Thanks again!!!

esmdev
May 9th, 2020, 12:31
Hi esmdev, thanks a lot for the answer.

For unlimited, do you mean ultimate?

I have done what you suggested and it works fine!

Thanks again!!!

Sorry, yes, Ultimate. Just woke up. ;)