PDA

View Full Version : 5e Unity Encounters

BigBadBazz
May 9th, 2020, 10:35
In the user manual it says an encounter button is available on the NPC sheet

I cant find this in Unity, is it still available?

Thanks

Scuba72
May 9th, 2020, 23:27
I dont understand your question. What do you mean by encounter button on the NPC sheet? There is an encounter tab you can enable through the library just like the NPC tab, but Im guessing that is not what youre looking for.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2020, 23:34
Please point us to the instructions you are refering to, I think there is a mistake or misunderstanding somewhere.

How things normally work;
- Create a new encounter
- Drag NPCs to the encounter
- Change numbers of NPCs and then drag instance/placement markers for each NPC to a combat map, instance circle will get a check mark

When ready to run the encounter, click the down arrow on the Encounter object, this will place the NPCs in the CT and on the map.

BigBadBazz
May 10th, 2020, 21:10
I pasted the following from page 95 of the user manual

Create encounters
• Open the NPC sheet by clicking on the NPC button on the right hand menu.
• Click the 'encounters' button in the top left of the window to open the encounters dialog. (This was the button I was querying, whether it appears on the unity NPC sheet
• Create a new encounter by right clicking and selecting 'Add Item' or click on the edit list button and then
add new.
• In the new

Zacchaeus
May 10th, 2020, 22:01
I pasted the following from page 95 of the user manual

Create encounters
• Open the NPC sheet by clicking on the NPC button on the right hand menu.
• Click the 'encounters' button in the top left of the window to open the encounters dialog. (This was the button I was querying, whether it appears on the unity NPC sheet
• Create a new encounter by right clicking and selecting 'Add Item' or click on the edit list button and then
add new.
• In the new

That instruction rather needs updating since the encounter button was removed some time ago from the NPC window. To create an encounter click on the encounter button on the right hand menu. This is more up to date https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/721028/5E+NPCs+and+Encounters

Scuba72
May 10th, 2020, 22:03
Ah, I see. In that case if that isnt a typo, I would refer to my previous response about the encounter tab in the right hand menu which I think is the encounter button youre looking for. It is where you go to create new encounters both static encounters and random encounters.
Here is a SS of my unity desktop with both the NPC and Encounter buttons circled. 35153