PDA

View Full Version : Line of Sight and multiple player tokens

stewartl42
May 9th, 2020, 02:03
If I'm a player, I can click on another player's token and see Line of sight from the other player's perspective.

Is this intentional?

If so, can there be an option to disable that?

Thanks for the hard work, things are much improved!

pollux
May 9th, 2020, 03:34
Yes, "party vision" by default is intentional. The GM can disable it if they want. At least by right clicking on each friendly token and excluding them from party-vision for a given map. There may also be a toggle to disable party vision globally, but I may be mistaken on that.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2020, 04:27
We're planning to add a Party Vision option in the future; but haven't gotten that far yet. The default is Party Vision (i.e. players can move and see vision of any friendly token). This generally helps speed up gameplay in most games, since GMs don't have to worry about managing NPCs, extras, minions for the party.

Regards,
JPG

stewartl42
May 9th, 2020, 04:38
Yeah, I usually trust my PC's not to metagame (Or they wouldn't be invited). Not a big deal for me. One of the other DM's was running tonight and I noticed it. He wanted me to ask.

Thanks for the prompt response. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Benny
July 18th, 2021, 19:31
Am I missing something...has this feature been removed...or perhaps moved somewhere else? I right click (as a DM) on friendly tokens and there is no option to toggle "party view". Thanks for any help

Griogre
July 18th, 2021, 20:02
This is an old post maybe when it was still in beta. There is a setting in options now under Token (GM) called "Party vision and movement". I believe it defaults to off now.

Edit: Added a pic