PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 player LF late night game any day PST prefers 5E

AncientSaiyan
May 8th, 2020, 20:24
FG License: FGU standard
Time zone: Pacific standard time
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I can only play really late hours and probably only an hour or 2 at a time because my job is really inconsistent with what time ill be back home. I can play any day just late like 9-12. but on my days off its anytime.
Term: a long term game or a one shot.
Voice: i can use voice but im not used to talking with new people and willing to use any voice chat software.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, but willing to play any other system.
Game System Experience: D&D 5E, is the only one i really know tho unfortunately because thats ill have seen played on youtube.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: been dabbling in character creation but thats about it.
Character Type Preferred: Tbh i always wanted to be some sort of half dragon weapon user but i know half dragon isnt really a player race in the books, i never played before so i dont really have a preferred class but fighters have appealed to me, but if you need a specific role i can play any class.
About me: Tbh i never really thought much of D&D or ttrpgs until i started watching youtube videos about it , and i got really interested in you can just do what you want unlike a video game. i cant really join up with my friends and they arent really that interested so i thought might as well go for the virtual type. Id like to roleplay but i never done it so it might be a bit embarrassing for me at first.

DealBreaker
May 8th, 2020, 21:14
Hi AncientSaiyan,

When looking for a group on the forums here, I would recommend looking at the start of this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25750-Template-for-Player(s)-Looking-for-Group-Listings). It gives you a template to use that helps make sure you provide all the information a DM looking for players will usually want to know. Another thing is, many DMs will post LFP (looking for player) posts and not look for player posts outside their thread, so to maximize your chances of finding a game to play in as a player you will probably want to read through some LFP posts and reply to the threads.

Additionally, as it sounds as though you do not have any experience with the Fantasy Grounds program (we were all there once), you may want to check out Fantasy Grounds College (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!). I haven't dealt with them personally, but I have heard good things from newish players who they helped learn the ropes. They would be able to tell you more, but my understanding is they not only offer tutorials on how to use FG but they also offer one-shot games for new players.

On a related note, another good way to eventually get into a longer-term game is to try playing in a few one shot games. There is a subsection of the LFG forum for one shots (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?100-One-Shot-Games) which I would advise you check out.

Also, you may find that not many people have adopted unity yet (it is still in beta and has yet to be optimized so many DMs are still preferring to run games in fantasy grounds classic). BUT DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY ANYTHING ELSE YET. For a lot of games, a DM will have an 'ultimate' licence which allows players to play with only the free version of FG.

And finally, be patient. It is not uncommon to spend several days (or even longer depending how picky you are) trying to find and get into a game. And even then, sometimes you will join a game and the group will not gel or someone will just cease showing up and the group may fall apart. So be patient, keep looking and trying, and eventually you will find a great group of people to play with. You can (and should) also just ask any IRL friends if they want to try playing. You never know who may have always wanted to play but been to shy to ask their friends.

AncientSaiyan
May 8th, 2020, 21:21
Thanks for all the information, i actually saw the template and was changing my thread now. Ill check that out, and the one shots gotta start somewhere right? thanks again.