PDA

View Full Version : Savage Workds Deadlands KS is ending - request for video examples

Varsuuk
May 8th, 2020, 18:34
The KS is nearing the end and their expanding VTT support is being spoken about with people saying he have a community supplier “character sheet” in Roll20 and exploding dice support. “Dice” ;) not cool rolling ones like ours yet right?

Anyhow - I don’t watch much YouTube or videos. Can the SW cognoscenti here suggest a great “show bells and whistles” video of SW play? If in DLR, the better.

I don’t want to get in a VTT war, but I’ve been just posting about the really cool things about SW ease of use and depth of SW content. I would love to add the posting of a drop-jaw when compared to a “fan created character sheet” (well, I leave it to them to compare - I never mention Roll20 so it isn’t a I’m better than X thing) - I’m not sure these folks who have only tried Roll20 have a clue what they could be using.

KS ends Tues, like to post today or tomorrow latest. Feel free to do so yourself if you backed it and hve access to the KS comments or reply here and I will forward it.

Valyar
May 8th, 2020, 19:39
What are the incentives for such videos?
A good video promoting a product takes a lot of time... and we know what time is. :)

Varsuuk
May 8th, 2020, 20:11
None.
The videos exist, not asking for a new one.
Nor am I going to be watching, that’s why I am asking. Working at the moment and herding a child through remote school.

Just thought I’d help this community by promoting how much better FG is as a custom toolset on SW.

If ya got something you feel shows that, great - if not, perhaps someone does or has their own video to promote. I gotta rely on SW players to say since can’t view it right now.

Varsuuk
May 8th, 2020, 20:17
I actually responded before reading the rest of it. Ok, SW isn’t my thing. I as interested in helping but such a “starred” person has that ... slant... on this, I’ll unsubscribe and leave it to others. I’m sure someone else has backed it and can post an existing video to help make sure their VTT of choice has primacy.

I’ll go back to telecommuting. It’s a pain to type on my phone anyhow cos when I coding while connected to work, I cannot access many external sites, like this one directly.

I’m sure one of you guys knows what to do. I’ve seen many videos posted in the past. Rock on.

Lonewolf
May 11th, 2020, 20:43
Anyhow - I don’t watch much YouTube or videos. Can the SW cognoscenti here suggest a great “show bells and whistles” video of SW play? If in DLR, the better.

Whole Utube channel on Savage Worlds VTT play including modding options.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHSJY58TshY6mBFZvhCSkOQ

Mgrancey
May 11th, 2020, 23:10
There was the Deadwood? from Critical Role a couple of months ago. Not really very accurate for Savage Worlds from what I heard but it was that setting

Lonewolf
May 12th, 2020, 01:18
If chasing for Deadlands in particular I would also recommend looking up Dulux Oz. Current campaign is a series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkHwe975IM&list=PLXaP4OoFR0gFO3i7m4k508IJ2gFBR8Jku

zarlor
May 12th, 2020, 01:38
https://www.youtube.com/user/doswelk/videos

Varsuuk
May 17th, 2020, 00:11
Thanks guys. I was only trying to post it on their KS while it was "hot" and HOT it was at like well over half a million raised. Thought having some Fantasy Grounds videos posted. Whatever folks thought was high quality showing gameplay and how well automated it was compared to ROLL20 which everyone was begging PEGINC to make DL stuff for (they said they planned to.)

I was asking just to promote FG, I don't play much Savage Worlds, like 2 games at FGCons only over the years. I was just hoping to see enthusiasm for promoting FG over the Roll20 "why don't they support VTT" as if FG didn't exist (well, you have to PAY for FG...yes and a sub for increased access is more economic??)

But there wasn't much response other than a negative "how much is in it for me" one - so left it for anyone with skin in the game to follow up instead. I normally only browse FG forums lightly :( work has me busy more so than precovid :(

Doubt many read the comments section like before, but if you feel you have a good play FG video and backed it, go ahead and post. I had backed it and was originalyl hoping to post for someone while it was still going on.

i3ullseye
May 19th, 2020, 07:28
Worth pointing out.... that VTT stretch goal.... is just the PDFs pre-modified into easy to import tokens and such for whatever VTT you might prefer. Which I think most people do directly from their PDFs anyway most of the time.

Varsuuk
May 19th, 2020, 14:26
Yeah we all know that. Same as in SWADE KS.

However, they are supposedly (if I recall in comments, there were many) in talks with like Roll20 trying to up their support there. There were people there that don’t know anything about how FG looks/works since they only tried the “free” Roll20. The comments did not even show the understanding that SW DID have a large VTT presence. Just elsewhere.