PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus (5e) - Saturday UTC 13:00

Durzo
May 8th, 2020, 08:11
Edit: We’ve got the players we need, thanks for all the responses, and I’m sorry I couldn't take everyone who have messaged me here or on discord.

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity, You only need demo.
Duration: Weekly 3-4 hours, Long Term
Time: Saturday UTC 13:00 - Starting May 16
Players: 3-6 players
Voice: Discord
Sound Syrinscape online player
Game System: Dungeon & Dragons 5th Edition
Mix: Roleplay and combat varies in the module, I will emphasize roleplay.
Advancement: 1-13 (milestone leveling)
Discord Name: Durzo#2537 (preferred communication Platform)

Welcome to Baldur's Gate, a veritable nest of rats and vipers clinging to the rocky slopes overlooking the Chionthar River. From their high perches in the Upper City, the local nobles-known as patriars-gaze down with veiled contempt upon the common rabble in the grimy Lower City, which hugs the foggy harbor. The whole of Baldur's Gate reeks of blood, crime, and opportunity. One can easily fathom why pirates and traders are drawn to this place like flies to a carcass.

Following the river farther east would eventually lead you to Elturel, capital of the holy land of Elturgard-or at least that was the case until a few days ago. The flood of refugees from Elturel has gotten worse since news first arrived that the city has fallen. Everyone is saying Baldur's Gate is next, but no one truly knows who or what has claimed Elturel.

The patriars pay a mercenary army called the Flaming Fist to protect their interests in Baldur's Gate, and by extension, the city itself. The Flaming Fist has gained even more power since their charismatic leader, Ulder Ravengard, claimed the title of Grand Duke a few years ago. Apparently, Ravengard is missing. In his absence, the Flaming Fist has sealed the city's gates to staunch the flow of refugees. No one is allowed in or out.

Unfortunately you are on guard duty when an unruly mob of desperate refuge starts to form.

Character Creation Background:

You’ve joined the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company that is tasked with peacekeeping in the lower and outer city of Baldur’s Gate.
You know your comrades well enough to know they got your back when it really counts. You would not necessarily trust them with your coin purse or your wife.
Your character have previous interaction with at least one other character before joining the Flaming Fist.
You have a motivation to protect Baldur’s Gate.

Character Creation Mechanic:

Anything from official released wizard of the coast sources is allowed.
Homebrew, Third Party and Unearthed Arcana will need DM approval.
You will start at Lvl. 1 with standard starting equipment.
Attribute score will be 27 Point Buy.

PyroDwarf
May 8th, 2020, 12:58
I am interested! This time is perfect for me. I will work on a character this weekend. I think a conquest Paladin would be perfect for this campaign.

Edit: Would you like a separate post with character info in it?

Marquis_de_Taigeis
May 8th, 2020, 14:23
Good afternoon I am very interested playing within your campaign, most of my RPG experience is from playing all sorts of different rulesets, but i have been enjoying the fun of 5e. im sure i can come up with a nice interesting character to fit into baldurs gate from the wealth of wotc material. I look forward to hearing if a space is available at the table for me

gogi
May 8th, 2020, 16:00
Hello,
I would love to join!

I've been wanting to play this campaign for awhile and I hope to join you! I am an easy-going guy who wants to share in a story with you and the other party members.

Zanecane
May 9th, 2020, 03:00
Hello Durzo

I am definitely interested in this. I have been hoping to try out this new module when I first heard of it, I hope I am not to late! If there is anything in particular you need please let me know.

YoloTheSwagnificent
May 9th, 2020, 04:36
Hi there Durzo.
My name is Ben. I have been playing dnd for about 2 years now, 1.5 in an online home-brewed campaign, never played on fantasy grounds though.
Descent sounds like a fun module, hope to hear from you.

PyroDwarf
May 10th, 2020, 02:10
I have a character built (Tiefling Paladin, planning Oath of Conquest) I messaged you on discord and sent you a PM on this website.

BruceCer
May 10th, 2020, 12:51
Thank you for helping me understand