PDA

View Full Version : DM LFP - Paid - DnD5e - Choose from many campaigns

Vodkard
May 8th, 2020, 00:17
EDIT: The game is now full. Thank you all for your interest!

Hail and well met fellow adventurers,

I would like to start a new campaign for this summer (and possibly beyond) and am looking for players. I have been playing D&D for 30 years, DMing on paper/pencil for 20 years, and using Fantasy Grounds for roughly 2-3 years. I have both FGU and FGC, both Ultimate licensed. We'll be running in Unity as my current players have an affinity for it, as do I. Though the titel of this post says otherwise, we decided to play Curse of Strahd (as it's only the best campaign!). I would like to run once a week for roughly 3-3.5 hour sessions. We are currently looking at starting Monday May 18th at 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT and run on all following Mondays. I am happy to work with first-time players as well as those familiar with the game, so all are welcome! I own all the add-on D&D books on Fantasy Grounds to help you make your character if needed so you will only want The Player’s Handbook for quick reference. We can have a session 0 which would be one-on-one to help make your character. Games will be $10 per person per session. I do not charge for session 0. Payments made through PayPal before start of each session please. I use Discord for voice chat. Will run a game up to 6 players. This will NOT be streamed; it's just a nice private campaign.

Whew, that was a lot to say. But wait, there’s more! I am looking for players that will work together as a group so that everyone has fun and the storyline is moved forward. I am not interested in anyone playing in such a manner that anyone else in the game does not have fun as a result, or those looking to disrupt the game/story. I truly hate having to tell a player not to return, but it has been done on rare occasion and only in extreme cases. With that negativity aside, I also want to say that I hope each and every player who joins brings unique life and fun to the game.

And finally, about a year ago, I was converting the original 1st edition Dragonlance modules into 5th edition, DMing them, and selling them on the DMsGuild. I ended up converting the first four modules, DL1-4, before I went back to college. I streamed all four campaigns on Twitch and put the videos on YouTube. I also have a few other D&D videos on there, such as Eberron one-shots I made and D&D with my family. I only mention all this so you can check me out before you decide to join. Hopefully, you will see that I am just your everyday regular wizard. Here is the link to my YouTube channel:

Click Here to See Vodkard's YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCENoXYvi10mI7-ktka02sOQ)

If you are interested or have questions, reply or send me a PM.

BobbyFrankenstein
May 8th, 2020, 00:41
Hi there. I'm interested mostly so I can get some experience with FG Unity in action. I have the Free version right now. I'm not partial to any campaign over another, since I know very little about their content (except for Curse Of Strahd, as I am an old Ravenloft DM). I've been DMing for 30+ years, but am new to FG as a platform. I think getting some experience with in from the player's side will help me learn it more quickly. I learn best by doing and mimicking others. Thanks!

Vodkard
May 8th, 2020, 00:54
Hi there. I'm interested mostly so I can get some experience with FG Unity in action. I have the Free version right now. I'm not partial to any campaign over another, since I know very little about their content (except for Curse Of Strahd, as I am an old Ravenloft DM). I've been DMing for 30+ years, but am new to FG as a platform. I think getting some experience with in from the player's side will help me learn it more quickly. I learn best by doing and mimicking others. Thanks!

Just read your post. That would be nice if we get enough people who can play on Unity. Ravenloft was great. I played a little of that in high school. Personally, I really like Fantasy Grounds. It's a really unique and fun way to play D&D. I'd be glad to help you out throughout the campaign.

I'll keep you posted as more people respond. I just posted that a short while ago, not sure how long it'll take to get enough people, but from the amount of people posting in the forums, I don't think too long. Expect more info soon!

BobbyFrankenstein
May 8th, 2020, 00:56
Thanks!

Vodkard
May 9th, 2020, 02:14
We've got three players so far. Willing to take up to three more people. Newcomers welcome! Looking at running Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday night

BobbyFrankenstein
May 9th, 2020, 07:12
We've got three players so far. Willing to take up to three more people. Newcomers welcome! Looking at running Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday night

Any of those work for me.

Vodkard
May 9th, 2020, 17:30
We’ve got four players. Willing to take on two more adventurers. Planning on starting soon!

SuperNerd
May 9th, 2020, 19:41
Hi Vodkard,

Thank you for the very detailed post. I would like to play in your campaign. I've been playing for many years. I ran an adventure through FGC a couple of years ago, and this looks like a great way to have some fun and learn FGU. I have no preference about which campaign, and I'll play any class to help bring balance to the party.

My preference would be Monday or Tuesday evenings (I'm assuming we're talking Mountain time based on your location). I can make Sunday evening work if that's the only time that works for the group.

Kind regards,
SuperNerd

Vodkard
May 9th, 2020, 20:07
Hi Vodkard,

Thank you for the very detailed post. I would like to play in your campaign. I've been playing for many years. I ran an adventure through FGC a couple of years ago, and this looks like a great way to have some fun and learn FGU. I have no preference about which campaign, and I'll play any class to help bring balance to the party.

My preference would be Monday or Tuesday evenings (I'm assuming we're talking Mountain time based on your location). I can make Sunday evening work if that's the only time that works for the group.

Kind regards,
SuperNerd

Glad to hear your interest! You'll make the fifth person. I like FGU a lot, we're all excited to use it. I'm currently looking at Monday evenings starting at 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT. Not this coming Monday though, but we'll start session 1 the Monday (the 18th) in a week from now. Even though I'm technically in MST, it's currently MDT, meaning I'm on PDT time right now. Gotta love Arizona's lack of daylight savings. I plan to send all my current players a private message a bit later today with more details.

Still room for one more if anyone's interested.

Vodkard
May 9th, 2020, 20:20
Just sent my current five players a private message. Check your inbox!

darthhomer
May 10th, 2020, 14:35
If you lose anyone I would be interested!

Vodkard
May 10th, 2020, 15:49
If you lose anyone I would be interested!

Glad to hear your interested! We actually have room for exactly one more. I’ll send you a PM with more details in just a minute.

Vodkard
May 10th, 2020, 16:11
Hi Vodkard,

Kind regards,
SuperNerd

Just checking in on you SuperNerd. We’re you still interested? If so I sent you a private message with more details. Hope to hear from you soon!

StevenCap
May 10th, 2020, 21:46
Thank you very much!

darthhomer
August 11th, 2020, 19:01
Been a great experience so far! He is a fantastic and fair DM

Vodkard
August 11th, 2020, 19:30
Been a great experience so far! He is a fantastic and fair DM

Thank you so much!!

Crouton Sling
August 11th, 2020, 20:04
Would be interested in joining if you have another campaign/space

Vodkard
August 11th, 2020, 20:25
Would be interested in joining if you have another campaign/space

Hail and wet met Crouton Sling. *glances to the left and right, then lowers my voice* Let me give you the low down on my current and future campaigns. I'm currently running two games: Curse of Strahd and Eberron: Oracle of War. In Curse of Strahd, my players are getting pretty high level, if a fresh level 1 joined now, it'd be suicide. In Eberron: Oracle of War, we've ran five episodes and everyone is level 6. You could join Eberron but the downside is you missed out on a lot of important story and again, it'd be suicide. So finally, there's one more campaign I'll start running on Saturday the 29th which is a second run of Eberron: Oracle of War. My current run of Oracle of War is pretty popular so I'm adding a second playthrough starting from the beginning. Let me give you the link to the post I made for it with all the details:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60830-LFPs-D-amp-D-Eberron%92s-Oracle-of-War-every-other-Sat-5E-Paid

I know it's not Curse of Strahd which sounds like was what you were hoping for, but I at the very least wanted to respond honestly to your post and give you somewhat of a shining light in the darkness. *Starts singing* There's a light.... over at the Eberron place. There's a li..i..i..i..ght, over over by the fireplace... So, yeah. If you're still interested, feel free to send me a private message!