PDA

View Full Version : LFG [Traveller]

savoylen
May 7th, 2020, 23:17
This post has been updated with Game Info.:

We have a game running Tuesday's starting about 7:30 Central US time. Sessions are about 3 hours and is an Explorer/Traveller focused game on the edges of the Imperium - lets just those sections less travelled.

Full disclosure - last time I actually played traveller other than Play By Post (I have an active traveller PbP game now) was with the OTU in the late 70's, early 80's - but I've been GMing in other systems (DnD) for over 30 years. I love a table focused on fun, respect toward the players, and in traveller - each player willing to do their part! Science and Engineering Nerds go to the front of the line!

Traveller is more more cooperative in play than say DnD as there is a Referee and coach rather than a god behind the screen. That is one of the things I love about the system.

I'm Ultimate GM and have the players materials you'll need.
Characters will start out as Human... talk to me if you REALLY want to Aslan or Vargr.

FG License:GM has Ultimate
Game System: Traveller MgT2

Time Zone: Central US
Day of week and time:Tuesday starting 7:30
Start date: Ongoing
Planned Duration & Frequency:3 Hour session, weekly (Three weeks on, 1 week off)
Term: Long Term
Voice: Required (English)
Voice software used: Discord - Link provided after selection
Recorded: Optionally, depending on group consensus
Roleplay & Combat mix: This is traveller - there will be blood and death.
Number of Players: Open for 2 players
Character starting level & equipment: Determined during Character Creation
Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - are possible)

Next to DnD, Traveller is one of the great grand-daddies in the RPG pantheon having set its roots in the hearts of Science Fiction fans in 1977. The Traveller Universe is a massive setting and is considered by most to be a harder-Space Opera. Its classic setting is the Third Imperium. Those of you who might not be familiar with the original Traveller Universe (OTU) can think Alien-Dune-Firefly-Dark Matter and the like.

Space is disease and danger, darkness and silence… and its out to get you.

How to Sign Up to Play:
1. Contact me directly if there is an open seat and Request to Join My Game::
Be sure to tell me your discord name (Your forum Name / Character Name - Species). I'll reply with some info. about the game and character creation.

That's it - easy, peasy!

I looking forward to this and can't wait to get started!!

- Savoy

Bilbobolen
May 8th, 2020, 03:31
I'd love to play. I have the books but failed to get a local group to play

savoylen
May 8th, 2020, 04:18
I'd love to play. I have the books but failed to get a local group to play

Cool man... lets beat the bushes a bit and find a few other players. I'm a fan of 4 good players or 5-6 so so ones :)
And, a sense of humor of course!

I'm running with the Mongoose 2nd ed (Me2) at the moment but the last time I actually played this thing, it was the only version.

What kind of focus do you favor?

1. Trader Game
2. Military Game
3. Explorer Game
4. Traveller Game (A mix of all three of the above)

Bilbobolen
May 8th, 2020, 04:49
I prefer a mix, (ie firefly like)

irondog
May 10th, 2020, 01:49
I'd be interested. I haven't played since the mid-80s. When are you planning on playing?

TreeBeard1967
May 10th, 2020, 02:08
I'd be interested as well. I've been picking up the original books and adventures for years. Unfortunately I run FG-Unity, but Traveller doesn't seem to transfer out of FGC. Any details would be appreciated.

Bilbobolen
May 10th, 2020, 03:04
It appears FGU works with Traveller

esmdev
May 10th, 2020, 03:12
The current MGT2 ruleset should be working in FGU. if you encounter an error you can post it in the FGU playtest forum and they generally fix things pretty quick.

El Brav
May 10th, 2020, 09:36
If you are still looking for players, I would like to join your group. I'm really new to Fantasy Grounds and only have a few sessions of Traveller experience if that is ok?

darthhomer
May 10th, 2020, 14:40
I’d love to toss my hat in, I haven’t played traveller since the mid 80’s as well but have fond memories! Well versed in FG been using for many years!

TreeBeard1967
May 10th, 2020, 16:06
Which rule set? When I attempted to buy/load Traveller 1Ed., I was met with more errors than my truck at the emissions check.

Boldtaar
May 10th, 2020, 22:24
I like to join if there is a spot open

Tallin
May 11th, 2020, 06:41
Depending on the specifics, I would also be interested. I dabbled years ago in traveler, but do not know the current rule set.

savoylen
May 11th, 2020, 13:52
Nice!!
I'm using the MgT2 (Mongoose 2nd Ed) as rules set. I'm thinking Tuesday or Thursday night starting time 8 Central US time. I'm flexible though so suggestions on day.times are appreciated. Once I get a feel for that, I'll put a proper Advert up. Its very close to the OTU. No experience needed.

I'll check back here in a couple of days (sorry, I'm not on here all the time but I am on our Discord as "savoylen") to see what you are thinking, then we'll get this ship rolled out !

ghost22
May 14th, 2020, 03:21
Hi I would also be interested in trying Traveller again. I have not played it since university years (a long time ago) but I loved it. I don't have any experience with FG but I am a pretty quick learner.

Let me know if you have a spot open. All the best to everyone!
'

thejollyfatman
May 14th, 2020, 06:19
I'm absolutely interested, and am available on either day. I have a small amount of experience with Traveller, but more on the collecting side - couldn't find a group to give it a proper effort. I just purchased the big Unity package as it's time I took this seriously and hope to run after a bit more experience with the system.

Hope you have a spot open, and if not, thanks anyway!

Tallin
May 14th, 2020, 22:22
Tuesdays work better for me - I am EST, but can make 9pm my time work for me

TreeBeard1967
May 15th, 2020, 00:14
Tuesday also works better for me. No MGT2 experience, but willing to learn the differences. On FGU with an ultimate license. CST

savoylen
May 21st, 2020, 23:55
This is looking for a start in a couple of weeks.
For those of you that have posted... or PMed interest, please let me know what evenings are looking good for you. I'm US Central time.
I'm looking forward to this!
No experienced needed bty... it sounds like most of us are coming back to this or are just interested in learning it.
Savoy

TreeBeard1967
May 22nd, 2020, 14:36
savoylen, sign me up! Astrid7473.

Tom

savoylen
May 22nd, 2020, 15:25
If you are still looking for players, I would like to join your group. I'm really new to Fantasy Grounds and only have a few sessions of Traveller experience if that is ok?

That isn't a problem... we all happy to help with both FG and with Traveller.

thejollyfatman
May 23rd, 2020, 00:14
Tuesdays sound best, but can do Thursdays. I am also in the Central USA time zone.

Quoteth
May 23rd, 2020, 16:24
Id love to play... ditto new to FGU but I have been RPGing since 1982...yes I am old! I did buy the package but don't know what the heck I am doing!

savoylen
May 24th, 2020, 04:41
Nice... I'm putting a game together for Tuesday's starting at 7:30 Central US time. Sessions are about 3 hours and will an Explorer/Traveller focus game on the edges of the Imperium - lets just those sections less travelled. I have a trip planned to go see my daughter the first couple of weeks in June but other than that, I'm planning for a weekly game.

Full disclosure - last time I actually played traveller other than Play By Post (I have an active traveller PbP game now) was with the OTU in the late 70's, early 80's - but I've been GMing in other systems (DnD) for over 30 years. I love a table focused on fun, respect toward the players, and in traveller - each player willing to do their part! Science and Engineering Nerds go to the front of the line!

Traveller is more more cooperative in play than say DnD as there is a Referee and coach rather than a god behind the screen. That is one of the things I love about the system.

I'll be setting up a Character Creation night as soon as I can get 5 to 6 players committed to a game.

I'm Ultimate GM and have the players materials you'll need.
Characters will start out as Human... talk to me if you REALLY want to Aslan or Vargr.

Day of week and time:Tuesday starting 7:30
Start date: ~June 9
Planned Duration & Frequency:3 Hour session, weekly (Three weeks on, 1 week off)
Number of Players: Needed to Start 4, Max 6
Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - are possible)

Next to DnD, Traveller is one of the great grand-daddies in the RPG pantheon having set its roots in the hearts of Science Fiction fans in 1977. The Traveller Universe is a massive setting and is considered by most to be a harder-Space Opera. Its classic setting is the Third Imperium. Those of you who might not be familiar with the original Traveller Universe (OTU) can think Alien-Dune-Firefly-Dark Matter and the like.

How to Sign Up to Play:
1. Use this link to the Game Calendar and Request to Join My Game::
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4909

2. If you were able to get a slot (see above), PM me the Name You Used to Sign Up (Your forum Name / Character Name - Species). I'll reply with some info. about the game and character creation.

Thats it - easy, peasy!

- Savoy

darthhomer
May 24th, 2020, 12:08
Yes I’m still interested but I’m in a game on Tuesday nights for a few not weeks it may or may not be finished before June 9th but it will be close! I’d really like to join this game!

savoylen
May 24th, 2020, 17:56
Yes I’m still interested but I’m in a game on Tuesday nights for a few not weeks it may or may not be finished before June 9th but it will be close! I’d really like to join this game!

No worries here... go ahead and sign up if you think you'll be clear then. Better to save the spot up now - we save you a spot for a bit if you need extra time to free up.

- Savy

ghost22
May 25th, 2020, 19:43
I have played Traveller a long time ago (decades) ago but I liked the feel and simplicity of it.I would definitely be interested in being a part of this.

savoylen
May 26th, 2020, 06:47
I have played Traveller a long time ago (decades) ago but I liked the feel and simplicity of it.I would definitely be interested in being a part of this.

Awesome... follow the link about and I'll be sending you some more info. soon!

- Savy

Samzagas
May 27th, 2020, 01:13
I just wanted to say that I'm also interested in joining and shall now apply to the game.

savoylen
May 27th, 2020, 03:10
I just wanted to say that I'm also interested in joining and shall now apply to the game.

Awesome... nice to meet you!

savoylen
May 27th, 2020, 03:17
That's a full ship! Check "Yes" on the scheduler if you can make character creation on the 2nd which is a week earlier than I thought we could get things going.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4909
There is a slight change of plans for the launch of this thing...
I'm going to try and break out of my state and see my daughter and son in Cali and Wyoming respectively, starting on the 8th... wish me luck :)

If we can get character creation out of the way on Tues. the 2nd, then we can start up with the first Episode 23rd (two week break) when I return from my first-post COVID roadtrip!!

If the 2nd doesn't work, then we will just delay the start up on the 23rd and do Character Creation then, followed by the first Episode the following week.

I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting you all soon,

Savoy

savoylen
May 27th, 2020, 15:23
If any of the players have trouble with the discord link I sent you or for some reason you didn't get a message from me about the game, please fire up your discord and direct message me with:
Savoy#7976
Along with your forum name here. I'll get you all set up at that point.
Thanks for all the interest!
- Savoy

savoylen
May 27th, 2020, 18:24
We have room for one more Traveller - Message me or post here if you are interested !!

We are aiming for JUN-2 for Character creation... then the third week of JUN to kick off the camp.

- Savoy

savoylen
June 1st, 2020, 17:59
This ship is full - thank to all those that hit us up.
I'll keep you posted as we space, I'm mean loose players to RL, etc. etc.

- Sav

savoylen
December 17th, 2020, 02:43
I have two openings for crew positions... with 4 current players. Please see the OP if you are interested (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57575-LFG-Traveller&p=506461&viewfull=1#post506461). Please contact me via Discord if you have questions: Savoy#7976

- Savoy

ScottUlmer
December 18th, 2020, 21:45
Hey Savoylen, I am curious if I could spectate a few games? I really been looking into Traveller and really want to join, the sad thing is though, all of my friends already picked Tuesday as the day we play D&D... We are off for the next few weeks so I was wondering if I could spectate and see how it plays and get more familiar with the rules?

savoylen
December 18th, 2020, 22:26
Hey Savoylen, I am curious if I could spectate a few games? I really been looking into Traveller and really want to join, the sad thing is though, all of my friends already picked Tuesday as the day we play D&D... We are off for the next few weeks so I was wondering if I could spectate and see how it plays and get more familiar with the rules?

Hi there ScottUlmer. I'd be happy to have you drop in. We're off as well until the 5th - when we'll be picking up our story again. PM me if you'd like to sit in that game and I'll send you the connect info.

nice to meet you!

- Savy

savoylen
December 18th, 2020, 22:27
I've fill two of our three open seats - so if anyone is still interested in that one open spot, please message me via PM or catch me on Discord.

Thanks!

Bilbobolen
December 19th, 2020, 21:01
I would like to join if there is still room

Mikenelson28
December 27th, 2020, 03:44
I haven't ever played but watched a intro video looks like fun I would like to give it a shot

savoylen
December 29th, 2020, 01:00
Sorry for the delay on the replies. I've been travelling for the Holidays WAY off the grid.
We currently are full but I'll be posting again when a position opens up on the crew.
Thank you for your interest in our game!
- Savy

savoylen
July 14th, 2021, 20:52
Looking for two players at add to a crew of 3! See the details in the OP or 'below'.

Time Zone: Central US Time
Day of week and time: Tuesday starting 8:00 pm
Start date: Ongoing (Currently in Session 23)
Planned Duration & Frequency: ~3 Hour sessions, weekly (Three weeks on, 1 week off)
Voice software used: Discord - Link provided
Recorded: Optionally, but not so far
Number of Players: Open for 2 players
Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - are possible) Other options by request.

If interested, please message me via DISCORD to set up a quick (about 15 min.) chat about the game and any answer any questions you might have. I may not see message posted 'here' but I'll try and monitor this as I can.
Discord: Savoy#7976
To join our server as a guest,
https://discord.gg/tVGTPz6sjh

Currently, the team has just arrived at Exeter ( https://travellermap.com/?p=22.084!-68.5!7&options=9207 ) after a long set of jumps, trading and dodging pirates along the way in their Far Trader, the Kitsune Maru. The year is 1117.39.

savoylen
July 15th, 2021, 18:14
1 seat remaining, please PM in discord if interested in the last seat.
Thanks! - Savoy

bukner
July 31st, 2021, 06:54
Wow. People playing Traveller... that's crazy. Same as everyone above. Haven't played since late 80's. Loved it at the time. Decent amount of FG experience w/ DCC and especially 5e (which is a little too 'keep the player alive at all costs' for me but it's fun). Please let me know if any space for me.
Thx,
Buck

savoylen
July 31st, 2021, 16:04
Nice to meet you! We have a full crew now but I'll yell 'here' again when things open up. You know how traveller is, someone's going to die :)

Wow. People playing Traveller... that's crazy. Same as everyone above. Haven't played since late 80's. Loved it at the time. Decent amount of FG experience w/ DCC and especially 5e (which is a little too 'keep the player alive at all costs' for me but it's fun). Please let me know if any space for me.
Thx,
Buck

bukner
August 1st, 2021, 06:18
Awesome. Thank you sir. I don't ck this thing a whole lot. Will send PM with email.

savoylen
March 16th, 2022, 21:49
Theme: Starting Pirates of Drinax-ish Arc
Day of week and time: Tuesday starting 8:30 (Central US Time)
Start date: Ongoing, Session 43 begins on 3/29
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2.5-3 Hour session, weekly (but usually three weeks on, 1 week off)
Number of Players: Open for - or 2 well qualified players
Character starting level & equipment: Standard Character Creation
Character restrictions: Human (Aslan, Vargr - others are possible but ask)

How to Sign Up to Play:
1. Contact me directly via Discord if interested or would like to know more::
Be sure to tell me your discord name (Your forum Name / Character Name - Species). I'll reply with some info. about the game and character creation.

If interested, please message me via DISCORD to set up a quick (about 15 min.) chat about the game and any answer any questions you might have. I may not see message posted 'here' but I'll try and monitor this as I can.
Discord: Savoy#7976
To join our server as a guest,
https://discord.gg/tVGTPz6sjh

That's it - easy, peasy!

bukner
March 17th, 2022, 19:42
Hey Savoylen, this is Buck. I'm DEFINITELY interested but I'm very involved in D&D 5e group playing weekly for almost a year. At some point we will get through this massive dungeon but I can't just leave a year with them (how would 'they' survive ;). I know you're not asking me to I just wanted to say that I REALLY want to play Traveller and if another opening is available in future please... PLEASE let me know!
Cheers, Buck
LOL... I thought this msg was sent to just me. My bad

savoylen
March 18th, 2022, 01:23
Hey Savoylen, this is Buck. I'm DEFINITELY interested but I'm very involved in D&D 5e group playing weekly for almost a year. At some point we will get through this massive dungeon but I can't just leave a year with them (how would 'they' survive ;). I know you're not asking me to I just wanted to say that I REALLY want to play Traveller and if another opening is available in future please... PLEASE let me know!
Cheers, Buck
LOL... I thought this msg was sent to just me. My bad

No worries... i'll post in this thread again when there is an opening. Looks like we're closed. Thanks all that PM'd and posted interest.
- Savy

rapman21
May 10th, 2022, 02:04
I'm interested. tuesdays Central fits me well. Have character will Travell