PDA

View Full Version : Lfp mtg setting, need 2 or 3 more players

albirich
May 7th, 2020, 22:30
FG License: unity unlimited (you just need the free demo)
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Wednesdays 9pm-12ish (sometimes we go a little long we can stop if you need to go)
Planned Frequency: weekly unless we go down to like 2 players.
Term: long term till the group decides to play a different setting or y'all get to lvl 20.

Text or Voice: voice
Voice software used:discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: hopefully close to 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: we have 2 right now looking for 2 or 3 more.
Character starting level & equipment: level 6 gestalt characters (so 2 classes both level 6 you'll essentially be level 12, because you're playing planeswalkers at least 1 of the classes should be a spell caster.). Equipment is starting equipment + 1,000 gold + 1 uncommon and 2 common magic items.
Character restrictions: races are from the planeshift books or guildmasters guide to ravnica. Classes and subclasses can be anything in pub or xanathars as that is what I have added into fantasy grounds.

Details of your scenario: players are new planeswalkers exploring the multiverse as a group because its dangerous out there. Right now we are a couple sessions in when half the group decided they weren't interested pcs are on kaladesh entering a race. I have a dmpc that taught you how to control planeswalking, he's gonna bounce and leave y'all to do what you want after mainly just a plot device to get the party together. After that it'll be y'all travelling to semirandom planes if you're interested in helping them with their problems they'll be modular short adventures. Reoccurring planeswalker enemies and friends and what not.

albirich
May 7th, 2020, 22:49
I guess I should add that one of the players is a monk Druid simic hybrid and the other is a rogue Ranger Aven

BobbyFrankenstein
May 8th, 2020, 20:09
Hi, I might be interested. I'm new to FGU, and want to earn some practical experience with it. I've been playing D&D for over 30 years, though. I would probably play a human, since I don't have any of the Planeswalker books or the Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica. Classes would be Fighter/Wizard

albirich
May 8th, 2020, 20:12
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you this but there is a website that lets you download all the books as PDFs for free.

BobbyFrankenstein
May 8th, 2020, 20:18
OK, but I'd still play a human. It's my default choice. Do they not have humans in the setting? How much prior knowledge of the setting would I need to participate?

albirich
May 8th, 2020, 20:23
Humans are fine they're everywhere in magic the gathering. As far as how much knowledge you'll need, one of my players has never played mtg before which honestly makes sense cuz in lore y'all would have grown up not know there's other planes its a rare thing to be a planeswalker and an extremely few people outside that know.

neural
May 9th, 2020, 04:53
Would be down for this if you still have space.

junipernorthquest
May 10th, 2020, 04:51
Hi there, do you have room for three players still? Me and my two friends are looking for a campaign.

BobbyFrankenstein
May 10th, 2020, 06:06
One of you could take my spot. I am backing out of this game, as I have joined another one. Thanks!