PDA

View Full Version : LFG for Forgotten Realms Sandbox long term game or Custom One Shot

LordClaus
May 7th, 2020, 22:15
FG LICENSE:[/B] Unity Ultimate

GAME SYSTEM: D&D 5e

TIME ZONE: GMT -5 (EST)

DAY OF WEEK AND TIME: As per player availability

NEW GAME START DATE: Depends on Player availability

PLANNED DURATION & FREQUENCY: 4+ hours, minimum of 4 hrs up to 5 ½ hrs per session, once a week or as players determine.

TERM: Long term game from 1st to?? Or a Custum One shot characters starting at 6th level.

TEXT OR VOICE: Voice

VOICE SOFTWARE USED: Discord

WILL THIS BE RECORDED?: Voice recorded and FG tabletop recorded for DM notes and reference, possible Utube channel if players agree.

TYPE OF SERVER: LAN

ROLEPLAY & COMBAT MIX: Up to players and what they want and do…it’s a sandbox!

PLAYER AGE: most any, families welcome!

NUMBER OF PLAYERS WANTED PER GAME: 3 to 6 players per game.

CHARACTER STARTING LEVEL & EQUIPMENT: Level 1: Class and Background equipment

CHARACTER STAT ROLLS: Adventurers are not common in this setting, it takes a certain kind of person to adventure and they usually always have very good stats. There are a few foolhardy people but for the most part adventurers are in the hero class not the zero class. With that being said, I have players roll 4d6 reroll all 1’s and 2’s and keep best 3. In FG code it is: “/die 4d6r2d1”, the rest will be discussed during player interviews, (interviews are to see what player is looking for so they can be grouped with like minded players, groups that have played together before are welcome).

CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS: Restricted to the Books I have on Fantasy Grounds and no others. D&D Rule set only with exceptions, no Wildemount or Eberron. This will change as I get them; read them to adjust game so as00 not to break the setting your characters will be in.
Dual classing okay, no more than two classes per Character will be accepted.

MAGIC ITEMS: Uncommon

BOOKS I HAVE ON FG: DMG, PHB, MM, SCAG, XGtE, DH

PHYSICAL BOOKS I HAVE: DMG, PHB, MM, SCAG, VGtM, XGtE, DotMM, TftYP, DH, and ToA.
I like to run my sandbox and do a damn good job, if a group of players want a written campaign ran, I must know in advance so as to prepare and get the book on FG. There is nothing worse than an unprepared GM to ruin the fun for everybody involved….my opinion.
If a player cannot live without a certain rulebook talk to me, I will try to accommodate you.

DETAILS OF SENARIO: Setting in Forgotten Realms sandbox, I have many, Okay, you caught me, I have a shipload of homebrew adventures I know inside and out. Again if Players want a printed campaign the players must let me know in advance!

LINK TO GAMECLENDER PAGE: no link to date.

SESSIONS OUTLINE: Session 0: Character Creation, Character interaction, how Characters know each other, and no combat just RP, typical session 0.
Session 1 and beyond: RP gathering of the group and possible combat depending on the players actions.

TYPES OF GAMES I RUN: RP based with some combat, RP/Combat equal, heavy combat with some RP, Hack and slash, Intrigue, Good, Evil

MY WORK ON GAME: I work on the campaign world for about 25 to 30 hrs a week between maps, NPC's and content. Mainly content as it is a sandbox and I need a massive amount of content for the explicable as well as the inexplicable. As the characters go up in level my time would also increase, for instance: A game of mine ran for 5 yrs with the same 7 players that reached 24th level which took me a considerable bit more time to prepare for, meaning when characters level up, my time to prepare increased with their respective levels. I tailor the games to the players in it….which means my work is never done.
I would see it no different in fantasy grounds, however, with FG automation and as I learn more of that, time spent making NPC's will decrease and give me more time for content and maps.
Fluent with most effects on FG, if I don’t know how to do it, I will by the following session if it is an effect that is possible to code in FG.

ABOUT THE DM: I have been playing for 41 yrs, DM’ing for 40. I keep up with the times! The players write the story, the DM (me) am but the environment, world, the people (other than the Characters), and everything else the Characters are not.
I put in many hours (actually years) to come up with a unique setting and set of adventures that can be, but not limited to: Alignment based: Good or Evil, Intrigue: whether it be political, law enforcement, or clergy in nature.

NOTE: Evil characters can fit into society depending on how they act around others. If a character just goes into town and starts killing people Character will not last, likewise, if part of a cult and plans to take over at 1st level they will not last….Evil equals conniving, possibly sniveling people that play smart.

SANDBOX MEANING: A sandbox to me means that players can do what they want, go where they want, talk to who they want, and need to be prepared for the consequences that follow, being good or bad. An “open World” like ‘Fallout series’ video games.

WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PLAYERS: I spend many hours on the campaign. I do not expect the players to spend the same amount of time preparing for game play but a few hours a week working on characters, going over game content to date with each other and generally fleshing out characters helps the story and the overall submersion of the game.

PLAYER ACTIONS: as stated in “Sandbox Meaning” player can do whatever they wish. Different actions have different outcomes, if nice to an NPC would be one outcome, indifferent to an NPC another outcome, mean to an NPC yet another outcome.

ABOUT PAYMENT: We can do a weekly payment or a monthly payment, whatever players feel comfortable with. If for any reason any of you cannot make a game and the others want to play I would not want payment from a player not playing, nor would I stop the others from playing unless it was a fight and with present party member’s maybe tpk'ed.
Payments for sessions are expected before play begins. Payment for Session 0 will be deferred to Session 1 to stop players from pretending from wanting to play and only play session 0 and then disappear.

PAYMENT TYPE: PayPal, CashApp, Venmo.

PRICE: $10 per hr per person for 4 hrs, maximum of $120 a session. Meaning if there are 3 players then each would pay $40, if there are 6 players then each would pay $20
I will run upto 5 ½ hours each session, tending to be in the range of 4 ½ to 5 ½ hours per session, If the players call it early, the time, and excess money goes to the following day’s session for that group.
If group wants a double session (8 to 10 Hrs) payment will double.
Payment amount is non-negotiable
[/SIZE]