PDA

View Full Version : Imported picture keep going to "new"

Valekk
May 7th, 2020, 20:18
Hey all,

I am dragging the pictures and maps I want into the sub tabs of the "Maps & Images" tab. For the most part they stay were I have dragged and dropped them, but a few times after I have logged out and back in 2 pictures always reset back to the (new) sub-area. So i dragged it back down to the other sub area but when I log out and back in next time its back under new. I have removed the picture, renamed it and put it back in the correct area but it still resets to (New).

Suggestions?

Picture below. I add it to Adventure 01: The Shattered Shore Unique NPCs & Maps, but when i log out and in, this one picture always resets to (new)

LordEntrails
May 7th, 2020, 21:02
FGC or FGU?
Is "Adventure 01: The ..." a group you created or part of a purchased module? Are you reverting changes on that module?

Valekk
May 7th, 2020, 22:50
FGC
- "Adventure 01: The ..." is my own creation. 0 modules open atm. I am currently setting my homebrew setting.
- D&D 5e ruleset

LordEntrails
May 7th, 2020, 23:54
I haven't seen his before. Not sure what's going on but, I would delete the images from the campaign folder, exit FG and restart. Then when you go to add images, if you are in the group you want them to be in when you click to open the images folder FG will automatically add the images to that group.

Valekk
May 8th, 2020, 02:50
I haven't seen his before. Not sure what's going on but, I would delete the images from the campaign folder, exit FG and restart. Then when you go to add images, if you are in the group you want them to be in when you click to open the images folder FG will automatically add the images to that group.

When I drag it into the sub-area or into the folder while the sub-area ("Adventure 01: The Shattered Shore Unique NPCs & Maps") is selected. It goes in that area. When I reload the picture is back in (New).
Just tried both methods again with your suggest and got the same result.

It is far from game breaking and I can work around it. Just wanted to give the heads up about the bug. I have only seen this happen twice in all of my game setups.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2020, 08:25
Please provide a screenshot of your <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name>\images directory where the images are. And please indicate which 2 images are causing the problem with not staying the Group you assign then to.

Valekk
May 8th, 2020, 16:24
-- double post --

Valekk
May 8th, 2020, 16:25
The current image causing me trouble is "Serpent's Maw, Archway on the water". It is highlighted in the below image.

Zacchaeus
May 8th, 2020, 16:35
Is your campaign really called D&D 5e%3A Delmara?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2020, 16:42
The current image causing me trouble is "Serpent's Maw, Archway on the water". It is highlighted in the below image.

I think it's got two spaces after the comma. Remove one of them. Two, or more, spaces don't work in the FG XML (it converts them to one space when the campaign loads the database), so this means that FG would try to match to a filename with one less space, not see it and so delete the old database record, but see a new map with two spaces and so add it to the database. Then when you next load the campaign, the second space is stripped, FG can't find the file, deletes the old record and sees a new image file... etc., etc..

Valekk
May 8th, 2020, 20:09
I think it's got two spaces after the comma. Remove one of them. Two, or more, spaces don't work in the FG XML (it converts them to one space when the campaign loads the database), so this means that FG would try to match to a filename with one less space, not see it and so delete the old database record, but see a new map with two spaces and so add it to the database. Then when you next load the campaign, the second space is stripped, FG can't find the file, deletes the old record and sees a new image file... etc., etc..

Eyes of a hawk! I corrected the spacing just now and it fixed my issue. On reload it is where is should be and not in (New). Thanks for the support.

Zacchaeus, I have it called D&D 5e: Delmara. : changes to %3A in the file name.