PDA

View Full Version : [Utility] Clock Adjuster

Pages : [1] 2

pr6i6e6st
May 7th, 2020, 16:45
!!!Before you use: select a calendar and date, set your hour AND minutes field to something other than the default at least once so the numbers “exist”.

Get it Here! (http://affiliates.fantasygrounds.com/357250/15958/url_30107)

Don’t want the bloated extra features? Are you a developer and want to just work off the basic adjuster? Here’s a simplified version to build off of! (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1626/view)

Please, if you find bugs or errors, you can reach me easier on discord here https://discord.gg/grQpVeu9bH

Or pr6i6e6st#6396

I've added script to allow other extensions to make use of the time as I have with reminders and events:
local aCurrentDate = TimeManager.getCurrentRawDate() -- gets a table of the current time
local aBuildDate = TimeManager.buildRawDate(nMinute, nHour, nDay, nMonth, nYear) -- gets a table of the time given
local nMinutes = TimeManager.getRawDateDifferences(aCurrentDate, aLastDate) -- gets the difference in minutes
TimeManager.setLastDate(Node, aCurrentDate) -- for repeating events like reminders
local aLastDate = TimeManager.getLastDate(Node, aCurrentDate) -- for repeating events like reminders
TimeManager.addTimeChangeFunction(f) -- add a function to be triggered on TimeChange events

and if you have an extension that could benefit from these functions, you can add
if TimeManager then
TimeManager.addTimeChangeFunction(MyNewFunction);
end

then if you change time with your extension, you just call TimeManager.TimeChanged() right AFTER, never before the adjust function.

hopefully you all find this works out.

oh, and I capped the table rolls by reminders to 60, so you don't kill your computer when you jump a year.

This extension adds a panel to your desktop, containing a clock, adjusters for the time, an events manager, and a travel manager. Tools to make keeping track of time easier! Pair it with Damned’s Player Agency extension!

-!-!-!-!- IMPORTANT: Your in-game calendar must be set up for this extension to function properly. -!-!-!-!-!-

Current Hours/Minutes/Day/Month/Year - displays the current date

Add Hours - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours.
Add Minutes - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of minutes.
Add Days - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of days.
Add Label - When double-clicked, it will advance time by the indicated number of hours and minutes and daysspecified in the fields in the corresponding row.

Set Hours - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the hour to the one specified in the field.
Set Minutes - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the minutesto the one specified in the field.
Set Days - can be adjusted by clicking and typing into the box or by CTRL + mousewheel. When double-clicked, it will set the days to the one specified in the field.
Set Label - When double-clicked, it will set the date to what is specified in the fields in the corresponding row.

Advance to 6AM - advances time to the next 6am with a single click.
Advance to 12AM - advances time to the next 12am with a single click.
Advance to 6PM - advances time to the next 6pm with a single click.
Advance to 12PM - advances time to the next 12PM with a single click.
The panel can be moved by right-clicking and unlocking it's position with a single click.

Events List: - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "events". set a date for an event and when that time has been reached or passed, a message will be sent to the chat. Right-click to delete window or events. Events can be shared; chat messages can be hidden. if an event has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Travel Manager: - opens a window that allows you to set a distance, speed, and number of days/hours to travel. Will automatically advance time while tracking distance covered and sending a chat message with details. This message can be set to Visible Only to GM, or Visible to All.

Reminders - opens a window that you can right-click within to create "reminders". Set the duration for the reminder to repeat, activate it, set it to GM Visible Only or Visible to All. If a reminder has the same name as an existing table, the table will roll upon triggering.

Weather Checking: - A Checkmark on the panel will enable "Weather Checking". While enabled, when double-clicking the "addhour", "addday", "addmonth", addyear", "longrest", "shortrest"(5e only), "adv6AM", "adv12PM", "adv6PM", "adv12AM" buttons, it will also attempt to roll on the tables "Weather Wind", "Weather Temperature", and "Weather Precipitation". You will need to create these tables (NOTE: if you have the 5e: DMG, these exist already as "Weather - Wind", "Weather - Temperature", and "Weather - Precipitation" and must be renamed, removing the “-“ from the name.)

New Busy State: Players now have a window, when they load up, above their chat. They can double-click it to add an entry (one per active character) and name the action, determine the amount of time it will take, and if everyone or just the GM can see the notification upon completion. They can also right click the window to lock/unlock or minimize the window. They may double-click the name or actor name of the entry to delete it if need be.

Clock Adjuster 5E: has options to travel at a slow, normal, and fast pace and can roll on tables "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace". The weather also now checks for "Weather Today" now, instead of the three tables for weather types. This table is included in JimSocks' Content Generator mod, (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54306-Content-generator-2020!&highlight=content+generator) and is a great asset to include.

Random Encounter Generator Compatibility (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=580552&viewfull=1#post580552)
When Setting Up For The First Time
-make sure to set up your in game calendar

Changelog (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=516842&viewfull=1#post516842)

New! Automation added for the Alien RPG ruleset below:

effects can be added to a PC on the combat tracker to use time based automation:

HUMAN -- allows for scripts to identify this entity as a human, so they can roll the critical injuries table, add them to their character sheet and effects, roll stamina at Time Limit durations for critical injuries, heal critical injuries, gain stress on damage taken. some critical injuries results will add the point of stress automatically to the inflicted character.
SYNTH -- allows for scripts to identify this entity as a synthetic, so they can roll the critical injuries on synthetics table and add the injuries to their character sheet.
NEEDSFOOD -- will automatically roll consumable or stamina rolls when time advances, changes conditions, reduces health on failed stamina rolls, rolls death rolls instead when health is 0.
NEEDSWATER -- will automatically roll consumable or deplete health when stamina rolls when time advances. changes conditions. Rolls Death rolls when health is 0 instead.
NEEDSAIR -- will automatically roll consumable or stamina rolls when time advances. changes conditions. Rolls stamina and will reduce health automatically. Will also automatically apply SUFFOCATING effect when air supply is 0 (see below)
SUFFOCATING -- applied automatically when NEEDSAIR is applied, and air supply is 0. Can be applied independently to use the same effect. While SUFFOCATING is applied and health is 0, death rolls will be made at the beginning of each turn automatically. Failing a stamina roll while suffocating will automatically reduce health to 0.
FREEZING: TURN/FREEZING: SHIFT/FREEZING: DAY -- will automatically roll stamina rolls when time advances and reduce health. Will roll death rolls automatically when health is 0.
GETSTIRED -- will automatically roll stamina rolls for when time advances, will add SLEEPING effect when character cannot possibly stay awake or when they fail their stamina roll.
SLEEPING -- will ignore the GETSTIRED function and reset its timer
CANHEAL -- allows healing over time
FEELSSAFE -- allows stress reduction over time

Clicking the freezing condition will automatically apply the FREEZING: DAY effect to the character.

an Option in the Options menu will allow you to determine if a turn is 5 or 10 minutes. Shifts are default 6 hours. please come to me if you have any issues.

Known Issues
-Error message occurs when chat messages are added to the calendar logs or notes and GM has not adjusted minutes and/or hours, and/or hasn't set a date in the calendar yet.

Weissrolf
May 7th, 2020, 20:53
Fantastico! When I tried to load it in PF2RPG there is no name in the list of extensions, though. You can click on the enable checkbox, but when I load the campaign I do not see a clock on the desktop.

Edit: Turns out that a parser error window opens in the background:

"Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Clock Adjuster - Error on line 0: Error document empty."

Weissrolf
May 7th, 2020, 20:57
I found the error: There was a single "-" at the beginning of the extension.xml file.

The formatting seems a bit off, but it's usable. Thanks again, this will be very useful for our campaign! :)

Three of Swords
May 7th, 2020, 23:59
Very nice! In Roll20 I had written my own time/calendar 'extension' since that VTT doesn't have a built-in calendar. It had this functionality and made my life as DM easier.

One thing I would suggest: A goodMorning function/button. This would automatically advance time to 6am, whether the current time is 1:13pm and 16 hours and 47 minutes, or it's 1:13 am, so only 4 hours 47 minutes from then.

Sure, the DM do the math to get there. But it's nice to have one button to do it for you after the PCs decide to call it a day and you want to advance to the next morning, whatever amount of time it is.

Also, can we use command-line function calls? Or only the UI? It would be nice to be able to advance time an hour after a short rest by just clicking a hotbar button.

pr6i6e6st
May 8th, 2020, 05:27
I found the error: There was a single "-" at the beginning of the extension.xml file.

The formatting seems a bit off, but it's usable. Thanks again, this will be very useful for our campaign! :)

thank you for that! i went ahead and pulled that out.

Very nice! In Roll20 I had written my own time/calendar 'extension' since that VTT doesn't have a built-in calendar. It had this functionality and made my life as DM easier.

One thing I would suggest: A goodMorning function/button. This would automatically advance time to 6am, whether the current time is 1:13pm and 16 hours and 47 minutes, or it's 1:13 am, so only 4 hours 47 minutes from then.

Sure, the DM do the math to get there. But it's nice to have one button to do it for you after the PCs decide to call it a day and you want to advance to the next morning, whatever amount of time it is.

Also, can we use command-line function calls? Or only the UI? It would be nice to be able to advance time an hour after a short rest by just clicking a hotbar button.

i haven't grasped slash handlers yet, unfortunately. but i have added a row for setting the date, as well as included adjusters for the month and year.

Weissrolf
May 8th, 2020, 08:00
Thanks for the update. Personally I think that setting a specific date can be done via calendar instead and a simple button to advance a day might be more useful.

SirMotte
May 9th, 2020, 00:38
Thank you for this awesome extension, it is very useful, as pulling up the calendar all the time can be a little annoying. This way I can tell and change the date in a heartbeat. Nice!

I agree with Three of Swords and Weissrolf, that advancing a day in one click would be very useful. Even more so if (optionally) coupled with the long rest mechanic for the PC Characters (5E mechanics in mind).

Ideally something like this:
Button 1: Set time to next day x am/pm
Button 2: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours
Button 3: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours - Execute FGU long rest mechanic
Button 4: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes
Button 5: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes - Execute FGU short rest mechanic

If this is possible and you are willing to try it, I could create some small graphics for you if you wish.

Cheers
Sir Motte

pr6i6e6st
May 9th, 2020, 00:45
Could you add the version number into the extension name or add a changelog into your main post, so spotting updates is easier in the future?
Thank you for this awesome extension, it is very useful, as pulling up the calendar all the time can be a little annoying. This way I can tell and change the date in a heartbeat. Nice!

there, i just put one up there, i'm pretty sure that's all I've done.

and yes, i felt the same, especially for the Alien RPG where it almost seems like time is a resource of itself despite cryotubes and FTL travel. This has kind of inspired me to look into making an Event extension, where maybe you can put information into the calendar log, specify times and stuff, and then when it's triggered, the current event is displayed somewhere for the GM to see. i'll have to look into the calendar log entries and see if that's a fairly easy thing to do or not. fingers crossed, i think it'd be useful.

pr6i6e6st
May 9th, 2020, 00:45
Thanks for the update. Personally I think that setting a specific date can be done via calendar instead and a simple button to advance a day might be more useful.

perhaps i can make it so you could scale down so the extra stuff you don't need can be hidden.

pr6i6e6st
May 9th, 2020, 08:39

I agree with TheeOfSwords and Weissrolf, that advancing a day in one click would be very useful. Even more so if (optionally) coupled with the long rest mechanic for the PC Characters (5E mechanics in mind).

Ideally something like this:
Button 1: Set time to next day x am/pm
Button 2: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours
Button 3: Long Rest - Advance time by x hours - Execute FGU long rest mechanic
Button 4: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes
Button 5: Short Rest - Advance time by x minutes - Execute FGU short rest mechanic

If this is possible and you are willing to try it, I could create some small graphics for you if you wish.

Cheers
Sir Motte

for now, i've made a 5e specific version which drops the "set" time fields, and adds two new fields, one is for short rests, the other is for long rests. double-clicking will add the specified number in hours as well as give the party a rest as though you did so from the combat tracker menu.

SirMotte
May 10th, 2020, 00:37
for now, i've made a 5e specific version which drops the "set" time fields, and adds two new fields, one is for short rests, the other is for long rests. double-clicking will add the specified number in hours as well as give the party a rest as though you did so from the combat tracker menu.

Wow, works like a charm! Thank you very much, this is highly appreciated! Like I said, if you need some graphics later down the line, just PM me and I'd be glad to help.

Weissrolf
May 10th, 2020, 20:21
Since the PF2RPG Ruleset also includes short and long rests in its combat tracker I hoped that the 5E version would also work there. So I just removed the ruleset line and tried, but unfortunately the time is not advanced and spells are not reset when I do a long rest via the Clock Adjuster extension instead of the CT.

pr6i6e6st
May 10th, 2020, 20:47
Since the PF2RPG Ruleset also includes short and long rests in its combat tracker I hoped that the 5E version would also work there. So I just removed the ruleset line and tried, but unfortunately the time is not advanced and spells are not reset when I do a long rest via the Clock Adjuster extension instead of the CT.

Yeah, different ruleset, different scripts and locations. Would need to replace it with wherever their rest function is, in 5e, it’s manager_combat2.lua.

Surge
May 11th, 2020, 00:08
Wow. This is exactly what I was wishing for the other day!

Thanks so much pr6i6e6st!

pr6i6e6st
May 12th, 2020, 21:08

try the new PFRPG extension i just put up and see if that works or not. i'm not entirely sure the mechanics but i've got the calls set up as they are in the combat tracker script

new update adds a few single click buttons to advance time to different 1/4s of the day

SirMotte
May 12th, 2020, 21:28
Hey, thx for the update, looking good and working fine. I just noticed that the 5E Version (maybe the others too), uses the 24 hours icon for 12pm (12:00), I sent you one that actually says 12pm. I created icons sets for dark and light theme in a 12hour and a 24hour format.

Alternatively we could settle for Noon as text descriptor or I create a noonish icon. PM me again in case you'd like that.

Cheers
SirMotte

pr6i6e6st
May 12th, 2020, 21:45
Hey, thx for the update, looking good and working fine. I just noticed that the 5E Version (maybe the others too), uses for 12pm the 24 hours icon (12:00), I sent you one that actually says 12pm. I created icons sets for dark and light theme in a 12hour and a 24hour format.

Alternatively we could settle for Noon as text descriptor or I create a noonish icon. PM me again in case you'd like that.

Cheers
SirMotte
gotcha, i went ahead and just made a quick patch to replace that. i'm digging it. thank you

SirMotte
May 12th, 2020, 21:47
Nice. This makes me really happy! I was finally able to contribute a little something to the community after leeching for weeks now! :o

Also, check the other PM, it includes icons for short and long rest in case you like to use them.

Weissrolf
May 13th, 2020, 00:40
Works like a charm in Pathfinder 2, many thanks for that! :)

Maybe consider a more vertical layout that allows the clock to be placed on the right-hand button bar area or over the chat window. At least on my GM desktop everything else is already cluttered with windows and the clock always stays below all windows (strata) other than the chat. Is it possible to make the clock get on top of other windows when clicked?

Weissrolf
May 13th, 2020, 00:59
I think that.short rest should be set in minutes instead of hours. At least in Pathfinder 1 and 2 there are various 10 minute based activities (like Treat wounds) and spells.

SirMotte
May 13th, 2020, 02:25
Works like a charm in Pathfinder 2, many thanks for that! :)

Maybe consider a more vertical layout that allows the clock to be placed on the right-hand button bar area or over the chat window. At least on my GM desktop everything else is already cluttered with windows and the clock always stays below all windows (strata) other than the chat. Is it possible to make the clock get on top of other windows when clicked?

Agreed, maybe like this?

Weissrolf
May 13th, 2020, 09:08
Looks nice, but for what it does it may be a bit too large this way?

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 09:14
made some changes. PFRPG and PFRPG2 now use minutes for short rests.
added a new button that opens a window where you can create "events".

Weissrolf
May 14th, 2020, 09:50
Short Rest advancing in minutes works properly in PF2RPG. Thanks for that.

Creating an event opens an empty window. Right-clicking on the window allows me to create a new item, but also creates an error popup. Since events do not use the calendar and are not shared with players when dragged into the calendar I likely will not use the event function.

https://i.imgur.com/WKMVTTm.png

"Script Error: [string "list_timedevent"]:1: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function
Script Error: [string "list_timedevent"]:1: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function"

SirMotte
May 14th, 2020, 14:41
Looks nice, but for what it does it may be a bit too large this way?

The image was at 2x resolution to better showcase it. At 1080p, or 800p(?) in your case, it would look like this:

made some changes. PFRPG and PFRPG2 now use minutes for short rests.
added a new button that opens a window where you can create "events".

Incredible, really looking forward to where this is heading. Will you adapt changes like this to 5E and other Rulesets too?

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 15:23
Short Rest advancing in minutes works properly in PF2RPG. Thanks for that.

Creating an event opens an empty window. Right-clicking on the window allows me to create a new item, but also creates an error popup. Since events do not use the calendar and are not shared with players when dragged into the calendar I likely will not use the event function.

https://i.imgur.com/WKMVTTm.png

"Script Error: [string "list_timedevent"]:1: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function
Script Error: [string "list_timedevent"]:1: attempting to set a nil value as a handler function"

Is your calendar set up?

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 15:25
The image was at 2x resolution to better showcase it. At 1080p, or 800p(?) in your case, it would look like this:

Incredible, really looking forward to where this is heading. Will you adapt changes like this to 5E and other Rulesets too?

Is it not on the 5e one?

SirMotte
May 14th, 2020, 15:26
Is it not on the 5e one?

Aah, didn't check it as you said it were changes to PFRPG and PFRPG2. Testing now.

Edit: Jupps, works fine. It would be awesome if added events would automatically show up in the calendar itself as a log entry too.
Also please feel free to request more icons anytime.

Cheers
SirMotte

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 16:12
Aah, didn't check it as you said it were changes to PFRPG and PFRPG2. Testing now.

Edit: Jupps, works fine. It would be awesome if added events would show up in the calendar itself as a log entry too.

I made an icon for the calendar entry for you, in case you want to use it. Also please feel free to request more icons anytime.

Cheers
SirMotte

Cool, I’ll probably toss that in. I noticed you can delete rather than simply close the new event window, so imma fix that.

I wished to automatically add it to the calendar too but there appears to be a lot of windows to navigate. Perhaps in the future. For now, one can drag the links into the calendar logs as they are created. I’ll definitely be looking into automated links.

SirMotte
May 14th, 2020, 16:16
Cool, I’ll probably toss that in. I noticed you can delete rather than simply close the new event window, so imma fix that.

I wished to automatically add it to the calendar too but there appears to be a lot of windows to navigate. Perhaps in the future. For now, one can drag the links into the calendar logs as they are created. I’ll definitely be looking into automated links.

Ah I just ditched the icon, as I felt it didn't really look like an event button rather than a normal calendar entry. Here they are again.
Automation would be really helpful, I imagine it would be hard to make it update Event adjustments, like the date, in the calendar logs though.

Weissrolf
May 14th, 2020, 16:25
Is your calendar set up?
Yes, Golarion calendar. ;)

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 16:50
Yes, Golarion calendar. ;)

there was a single instance where i never set a time for the event and started moving time where the error appeared for me, but beyond that i can't seem to replicate it. i'm not entirely sure what is going on there. i made a new campaign as well, so i'll just have to keep an eye out for it to see what the cause is.

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 17:22
It would be awesome if added events would automatically show up in the calendar itself as a log entry too.

i might be onto something. i don't know about putting it into the entry automatically, but i can get it to create or open a calendar log associated with it's date. i haven't uploaded this yet as i want to figure it out more, but just saying i might be able to at least do an acceptable workaround. in my current test, it creates/opens a log entry after you lock the event. a good time to drag the link into the gm or player field i suppose. might stay with that if i can't get something better.

pr6i6e6st
May 14th, 2020, 19:20
ok, so i settled on that for now. closing a record or opening a closed one will bring up the associated log entry from the calendar as well, allowing you to place the link in whichever section you desire.

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 00:51
a few minor adjustments. handlers are looking at the Clock Adjuster extension for if the time changes.
time is converted into minutes and then compared to each other, so there should be less confusion in script about when to display a chat message.
a chat message will only display once when time passes by it.
currentepoch handler error should be fixed. can open and close the events window with the same button now.
events window is a bit larger now, but the easy open/close should make up for that. the window can be scaled larger if needed.

SirMotte
May 15th, 2020, 00:56
a few minor adjustments. handlers are looking at the Clock Adjuster extension for if the time changes.
time is converted into minutes and then compared to each other, so there should be less confusion in script about when to display a chat message.
a chat message will only display once when time passes by it.
currentepoch handler error should be fixed. can open and close the events window with the same button now.
events window is a bit larger now, but the easy open/close should make up for that. the window can be scaled larger if needed.

[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currenthour): [string "currenthour"]:29: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 23) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentminute): [string "currentminute"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentday): [string "currentday"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentmonth): [string "currentmonth"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentyear): [string "currentyear"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:08 AM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (groupbox) in class (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currenthour): [string "currenthour"]:29: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 23) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentminute): [string "currentminute"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentday): [string "currentday"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentmonth): [string "currentmonth"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentyear): [string "currentyear"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentday) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentmonth) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentyear) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (addall) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv6am) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv12pm) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv6pm) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv12am) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (openevents) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Clock Adjuster5e) loaded.

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 01:00
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currenthour): [string "currenthour"]:29: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 23) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentminute): [string "currentminute"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentday): [string "currentday"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentmonth): [string "currentmonth"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:07 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentyear): [string "currentyear"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:08 AM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (groupbox) in class (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currenthour): [string "currenthour"]:29: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 23) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentminute): [string "currentminute"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentday): [string "currentday"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentmonth): [string "currentmonth"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Failed to load script buffer (currentyear): [string "currentyear"]:21: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 15) near 'local'
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentday) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentmonth) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (currentyear) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (addall) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv6am) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv12pm) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv6pm) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (adv12am) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (openevents) in windowclass (chattime)
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
[5/15/2020 1:53:28 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Clock Adjuster5e) loaded.
oops thought i got that one, try the new one

SirMotte
May 15th, 2020, 01:12
Working, but crashes localhost. If you can tell me how I get a crash-report ill send it asap. Otherwise I'll try to get one tomorrow and go to bed now.

Edit: NVM looks like it collides with another extension. I'll investigate tomorrow.

Edit 2: Just noticed, that added events can't be made public for players to read.

pr6i6e6st
May 15th, 2020, 06:58
Working, but crashes localhost. If you can tell me how I get a crash-report ill send it asap. Otherwise I'll try to get one tomorrow and go to bed now.

Edit: NVM looks like it collides with another extension. I'll investigate tomorrow.

Edit 2: Just noticed, that added events can't be made public for players to read.

things could s till be a little bit buggy in that events might not "complete" appropriately in FGC for some reason, but i think i got rid of most the error messages.

SirMotte
May 15th, 2020, 21:11
things could s till be a little bit buggy in that events might not "complete" appropriately in FGC for some reason, but i think i got rid of most the error messages.

Don't know what you did, but it doesn't crash anymore with other extensions loaded in localhost mode. Nice! Highly appreciate your work!

pr6i6e6st
May 16th, 2020, 17:24
Don't know what you did, but it doesn't crash anymore with other extensions loaded in localhost mode. Nice! Highly appreciate your work!
Awesome! I took some improvements made by zombielord for the clock adjuster in my Alien rpg ruleset and have applied them to these extensions.

There’s now a button to create log entries, rather than relying on the locked toggle. Those log entries will get the text from the event in the appropriate locations.

I’m having an issue that I can only create new log entries, and FGC still is having that issue where if the year is high, like 2183 (alien setting) then the completion of an event behaves in a strange way when adjusting by minutes.

Weissrolf
May 16th, 2020, 21:49
Formatting just became strange:

https://i.imgur.com/snbx7fO.png

I also get the following error when I exit FG:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:351: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)"

SirMotte
May 16th, 2020, 22:26

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:351: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)"

Same here, but without error message.

pr6i6e6st
May 16th, 2020, 23:37

Ah, it took me a moment. It’s because I copied the code from the alien rpg, which doesn’t have the rest buttons, thus hangs under the addhour. I’ll try to remember the placement next update. Going to make an attempt at keeping track of travel details.

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 01:03
Some feedback on how this extension is helping in practice:

Pathfinder 2 has several minute based activities, one of these is the "Treat wounds" Medicine action that heals hitpoints. This action takes at minimum 10 minutes (unless a special feat reduces it to 1 round) and up to 1 hour. Usually when a target has been treated it becomes "immune" to further treatment until a full hour has passed. This is when Clock Adjuster comes into play.

I created a spell action for "Treat Wounds" via the fabulous "(SR) Drag N Drop" extension. This applies the "immunity" effect for 50 minutes (500 rounds) to targets that have been treated (10 mins treatment + 50 minutes = 60 minutes immunity). In PF2RPG effect duration is only decreased by either combat rounds or by taking a rest (either short/exploration or long), duration does not pass when the calendar clock is simply pushed forward.

Now I can set up a 10 minutes short rest via Clock Adjuster and then double click the short rest button 5 times to advance 50 minutes, with the party doing further adventuring or treating the wounds for a full hour. Since the Clock Adjuster button does both, invoke a short rest and advance time - I get the correct time in the calendar and the correct decrease in effect duration.

Not only is this a more convenient way of keeping an eye on the clock during a day of adventure (with all those minute/level spells running), but also a more convenient way to invoke a rest (short or long). Even more so, because the normal way of invoking a rest does *not* advance the calendar clock. ;)

jab112
May 17th, 2020, 17:51
Just fond a bug with the ad&d ruleset. Ext effects the weapons in the action tab.

pr6i6e6st
May 17th, 2020, 17:54
Just fond a bug with the ad&d ruleset. Ext effects the weapons in the action tab.

Which clock adjuster are you using? Can you elaborate on the effect? And do you have any other extensions?

ScriedRaven
May 17th, 2020, 19:28
Which clock adjuster are you using? Can you elaborate on the effect? And do you have any other extensions?

I noticed this bug too, from my brief testing this affects every version of the clock extension (I tested each of them in their intended game version). The bug somehow appears to disconnect the weapons tab from the actions tab, so that when a weapon is added to the items tab, it isn't added to the actions tab.

pr6i6e6st
May 17th, 2020, 19:31
I noticed this bug too, from my brief testing this affects every version of the clock extension (I tested each of them in their intended game version). The bug somehow appears to disconnect the weapons tab from the actions tab, so that when a weapon is added to the items tab, it isn't added to the actions tab.
That is incredibly strange, as my clock adjuster shouldn’t have anything to do with anything beyond the calendar and the panel it comes with. I guess I’ll have to look into this later

pr6i6e6st
May 18th, 2020, 03:41

edit: nope, nope, nvm. i figured it out. effected items will need to be remade/replaced or whatever, but it should be fixed now.

question, are we talking about the 2e ruleset that comes with fantasy grounds? or are we talking about the ad&d ruleset in the forums? i'm using the 2e ruleset and i'm experiencing your issue, i think (i'm not familiar with the ruleset and may simply be missing something), where if i create an item, make it a weapon and add some damages, it's not showing up in the actions tab. but i'm having that same issue without the clock adjuster as well. mind you, i don't have any modules for it and am just filling out fields according to my 3.5 and above knowledge.

Weissrolf
May 18th, 2020, 09:52
Agreed, maybe like this?

What file do I have to change to build me a vertical version? I would also likely omit months and years to free screen estate as these are used so seldom that I can use the calendar.

Weissrolf
May 18th, 2020, 12:11
0.10 PF2RPG: "Script Error: [string "FFAL/scripts/FFAL_data_library_common.lua"]:29: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

And when I hit the Event button I am still greeted with an all empty window. When I then create an event it is set to 000000 for date/time instead of the current time.

Deleting an event does not delete the corresponding Calendar entry.

Weissrolf
May 18th, 2020, 13:25
It would be nice if Clock Adjuster would save the last used values over different sessions.

pr6i6e6st
May 19th, 2020, 02:19
0.10 PF2RPG: "Script Error: [string "FFAL/scripts/FFAL_data_library_common.lua"]:29: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"

And when I hit the Event button I am still greeted with an all empty window. When I then create an event it is set to 000000 for date/time instead of the current time.

Deleting an event does not delete the corresponding Calendar entry.

i'm not finding any FFAL folders in my extensions, nor in the pfrpg2 (pfrpg is just built off pfrpg2 it seems), and can not replicate this error message. is there something else that could be conflicting with it? is there an extension you were using that you're not now which could have left something behind in your database?

i'll see about getting the values to stay over sessions, and will see about events starting with the current date created.

i have no intention to make deleted events delete calendar records yet, as i would like to keep calendar records when i might not want to keep events. though maybe i could create a button to bring up the list of calendar logs instead, for faster access.

Weissrolf
May 19th, 2020, 02:53
Thanks for the support.

I think FFAL might be the field search extension, which I accidentally enabled again despite it not working properly with PF2. I will check tomorrow, sorry for the confusion.

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2020, 04:53
FFAL is Field Filters for All Libraries extension.

Weissrolf
May 19th, 2020, 10:37
Yes, I accidentally activated it. Here is the correct console error that happens when FG is closed with Clock Adjuster being active:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:350: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)"

pr6i6e6st
May 19th, 2020, 10:39
Thanks for the support.

I think FFAL might be the field search extension, which I accidentally enabled again despite it not working properly with PF2. I will check tomorrow, sorry for the confusion.

FFAL is Field Filters for All Libraries extension.

Yes, I accidentally activated it. Here is the correct console error that happens when FG is closed with Clock Adjuster being active:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:350: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)"
Ah thanks guys. Ok yeah, I need an onClose() function to remove the handler I guess. I’ll add that to my list of things. Might have an update tonight, don’t know for sure, but I might have something simple figured out for travel tracking. We’ll see I guess. :D

pr6i6e6st
May 20th, 2020, 03:16
added a travel manager. as well as a few fixes and adjustments.

What file do I have to change to build me a vertical version? I would also likely omit months and years to free screen estate as these are used so seldom that I can use the calendar.

once i know things are all worked out, i'll figure out a way to make adjustment easier. it's a bit of a pain to alter 5 different extensions with some unique properties to each at the moment. If you would like to take a wack at it yourself, you'll need to create a new framedef in the graphics_frames.xml file for any new frame graphics.

then, you'll want to go to the desktop_panels.xml and remove anything to do with year or month from the <windowclass name="chattime"> control. (look for currentmonth, currentyear, addmonth, addyear, and if using the CoreRPG one, you'll also look for upmonth and upyear. all those controls and scripts lines must be removed or at least have the tag <invisible /> added to the control.

then, your remaining controls for chattime need to be set up the way you want. each <anchor> section is what you want to look at. currently, i have them all attached to the right of the one on the left of it, or if it's the farthest left (currenthour, addhour, uphour, maybe adv6AM depending on the ruleset) then it's attached to the one above it, or to the insidetopleft of the frame. you can cut and paste the entire controls to make things easier for yourself, so put addminute underneath of currentminute for example, so that you can easily scroll up and down to see/copypaste the name of the control to the anchor.

examples:

<windowclass name="chattime"> -----the clock adjuster we see on the desktop
<frame>fieldlight</frame> ----the name of the frame created in graphics_frames.xml
<size width="230" height="90" /> ---the size of the clock adjuster in pixels
<placement> ----how far in pixels from the top and left it is when created
<position>
<x>10</x>
<y>30</y>
</position>
</placement>
<sizelimits> ----the size the clock adjuster can be in pixels
<size width="230" height="90" />
<!--<dynamic /> -->
</sizelimits>
<noclose /> ---can not close the sheet
<sheetdata>

<label name="currenthour"> ---------our control for the current hour
<anchored position="insidetopleft" width="20"> -----its anchored position to the frame with a width set in pixels
<left anchor="left" offset="20" />
<top offset="8" />
</anchored>
<frame name="fieldlight" offset="7,5,7,5" />
<stateframe>
<hover name="fieldfocus" offset="7,5,7,5" />
</stateframe>
<font>calendarbold</font>
<color>000000</color>
<center />
<tooltip textres="desktop_currenthour_tooltip" />
<script> -------------------our script. leave the ones for current time alone but for the others,
remove anything to do with controls you have deleted.
function onInit()
if DB.getValue("calendar.newcampaign") == nil or DB.getValue("calendar.newcampaign") == 0 then

local nYear = DB.getValue("calendar.current.year", 0);
if nYear == nil or nYear == 0 then
DB.setValue("calendar.current.year", "number", 1);
end
local nMonth = DB.getValue("calendar.current.month", 0);
if nMonth == nil or nMonth == 0 then
DB.setValue("calendar.current.month", "number", 1);
end
local nDay = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day", 0);
if nDay == nil or nDay == 0 then
DB.setValue("calendar.current.day", "number", 1);
end
local nMinute = DB.getValue("calendar.current.minute", 0);
if nMinute == nil then
DB.setValue("calendar.current.minute", "number", 0);
end
local nHour = DB.getValue("calendar.current.hour", 0);
if nHour == nil then
DB.setValue("calendar.current.hour", "number", 0);
end
Interface.openWindow("calendar", "DB");
DB.setValue("calendar.newcampaign", "number", 1);
end
DB.addHandler("calendar.current.hour", "onUpdate", onSourceChanged);
DB.addHandler("calendar.current.day", "onUpdate", onSourceChanged);
nDay = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day");
onSourceChanged();
local nDateinMinutes = TimeManager.getCurrentDateinMinutes();
DB.setValue("calendar.dateinminutes", "number", nDateinMinutes);
end

function onClose()
DB.removeHandler("calendar.current.hour", "onUpdate", onSourceChanged);
DB.removeHandler("calendar.current.day", "onUpdate", onSourceChanged);
end

function onSourceChanged()
local nHour, sPhase = CalendarManager.getDisplayHour();
setValue(string.format("%2d", nHour));
window.currentphase.setValue(sPhase);
if nDay ~= DB.getValue("calendar.current.day") then
CalendarManager.outputDate();
end
nDay = DB.getValue("calendar.current.day");
end
function onWheel(n)
if not Input.isControlPressed() then
return false;
end
CalendarManager.adjustHours(n);
local nDateinMinutes = TimeManager.getCurrentDateinMinutes();
DB.setValue("calendar.dateinminutes", "number", nDateinMinutes);
return true;
end
</script>
</label>

Willot
May 21st, 2020, 22:47
Whenever I close FG I get this error
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:350: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)
PF2e version.

pr6i6e6st
May 22nd, 2020, 04:37
Whenever I close FG I get this error
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_time.lua"]:350: attempt to index global 'DB' (a userdata value)
PF2e version.

new update SHOULD fix this. seems while it was not needed, the handler, which was needed, was missing. this caused duplicate logs to be created, rather than a single one per day.

Willot
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39
Thanks! that work. Unfortunately you event timer seems to be 2 hrs out when it triggers. See chat in Image.

pr6i6e6st
May 22nd, 2020, 14:33
Thanks! that work. Unfortunately you event timer seems to be 2 hrs out when it triggers. See chat in Image.
Is this on FGC? Because for reasons beyond me, I’d the years are set high enough, they will act weird in classic but not in unity. No idea why

Willot
May 22nd, 2020, 20:49
Yep FGC, FGU is still too buggy for me. I havent looked at the code but I have a gut feeling the answer lies in the difference in data types.
The calenders hour range is 0 to 23 your hours arent. In other words I can enter a time of 32:30. It maybe nothing.

pr6i6e6st
May 22nd, 2020, 20:54
Yep FGC, FGU is still too buggy for me

I’ll keep playing around, but I really can’t fathom why it’s off, and only by 2 hours and only on FGC. The only thing I could consider is the script for the math of a leap year but that should be 24 hour difference at least I’d think.

viviolay
May 23rd, 2020, 01:14
Hello!

First, I very much appreciate this extension. Thank you for making it.
I used it for the first time Tuesday during play, and having the clock floating there encouraged me as the dm to keep advancing time which by extension caused the players to feel like time was passing and thus not to waste time more.

I am finding some errors however.

I'm using the PFRPG2 ruleset and am having an error box pop up every time I used the advance time options to 12pm, 6pm, 12am buttons on the bottom.

I put an example of the error message below.

My other extensions enabled at the time were Better Save descriptions, better menus, Message of the Day, and TTRPG Safety Toolkit, if that helps.

Error
Script Error: [string "chattime:adv6pm"]:1: attempt to compare number with nil

pr6i6e6st
May 23rd, 2020, 01:16
Hello!

First, I very much appreciate this extension. Thank you for making it.
I used it for the first time Tuesday during play, and having the clock floating there encouraged me as the dm to keep advancing time which by extension caused the players to feel like time was passing and thus not to waste time more.

I am finding some errors however.

I'm using the PFRPG2 ruleset and am having an error box pop up every time I used the advance time options to 12pm, 6pm, 12am buttons on the bottom.

I put an example of the error message below.

My other extensions enabled at the time were Better Save descriptions, better menus, Message of the Day, and TTRPG Safety Toolkit, if that helps.

Error
Script Error: [string "chattime:adv6pm"]:1: attempt to compare number with nil
you need to set up your calendar. there is no day to compare to. hope this helps

viviolay
May 23rd, 2020, 04:21
you need to set up your calendar. there is no day to compare to. hope this helps

I think I did tho unless there's something else I neglected to do as well? I have a date and calendar chosen. The progression still happens, but I get an error every time I use those buttons

pr6i6e6st
May 23rd, 2020, 04:33

I think I did tho unless there's something else I neglected to do as well? I have a date and calendar chosen. The progression still happens, but I get an error every time I use those buttons

looks like your minutes are set to 00, i wonder if they're not properly set then, instead. for the sake of trying, see if adjusting your minutes and hours, even to set them back to where they were, and see if that fixes it.

viviolay
May 23rd, 2020, 07:06
looks like your minutes are set to 00, i wonder if they're not properly set then, instead. for the sake of trying, see if adjusting your minutes and hours, even to set them back to where they were, and see if that fixes it.

Yep! That seems to have fixed it. I didn't run into it last game, cause I was playing with time before I used the adjuster. This was a seperate campaign that I just added the extension too and I wanted to keep it on a 00 minute but didn't realize leaving it as it leaves it "unset".

Thanks again! :)

pr6i6e6st
May 24th, 2020, 00:37
minor adjustments, and added a feature that if enabled, will roll on tables "Weather Wind", "Weather Temperature", and "Weather Precipitation" when time is advanced in a variety of ways. if you have the 5e DMG, you already have these tables in the form of "Weather - Wind", "Weather - Temperature", and "Weather - Precipitation".

Surge
June 3rd, 2020, 16:29
Hey,

LOVE the extension- thank you so much for doing it.

Two minor issues with the PFRPG2 version using FG Unity.

The white font on the Events Manager is incredibly difficult to read using the default PFRPG2 theme.
The edit boxes for the distance and speed units are incorrectly sized (do not match the height of the other boxes), and so cut off the text inside.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36431&stc=1&d=1591197917

pr6i6e6st
June 3rd, 2020, 23:35
Hey,

LOVE the extension- thank you so much for doing it.

Two minor issues with the PFRPG2 version using FG Unity.

The white font on the Events Manager is incredibly difficult to read using the default PFRPG2 theme.
The edit boxes for the distance and speed units are incorrectly sized (do not match the height of the other boxes), and so cut off the text inside.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36431&stc=1&d=1591197917

Ah thank you. I’ll fix this in the next update. I noticed in 5e that the wizards theme gives no backdrop for the frames, so I’ll update that with a different frame as well. There’s a couple other things I’ll try to address too, but no luck on FGC minute adjustments for events yet. It’s bugging the heck out of me.

pr6i6e6st
June 4th, 2020, 17:25
reminders added, minor graphical fixes

SirMotte
June 5th, 2020, 08:30
This keeps getting better and better. Wonderful! Don't hesitate to ask for new buttons if need be! Also, would it be possible to add other weather tables like VeX's Faerûn Weather Generator.

EllivasKram
June 5th, 2020, 23:16
I've loaded this onto UNITY after latest updates (5th June 2020)

and I'm getting an error about [Error] unable to find table. (Weather ... Wind,Temp,Preciptation)

DMG is loaded as in screen shot.

Also error message when using adv time buttons..

Have done something wrong..

N.B. - Only loaded 5E extension.. "Clock Adjuster5e.ext"

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2020, 02:51
I've loaded this onto UNITY after latest updates (5th June 2020)

and I'm getting an error about [Error] unable to find table. (Weather ... Wind,Temp,Preciptation)

DMG is loaded as in screen shot.

Also error message when using adv time buttons..

Have done something wrong..

N.B. - Only loaded 5E extension.. "Clock Adjuster5e.ext"

You must rename the table, as the “-“ is not accepted through the method used

You also must set up your calendar and adjust the clock adjuster current time and dates for it to set up properly for some reason.

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2020, 20:35
Changelog:
v.0.2: - fixed Add button so text wasn't hanging off frame
v.0.3: -added month and year adjusters
-added "set" row
v.0.4:-added buttons to advance time to the next 6am, 12pm, 6pm, or 12am (graphics courtesy of SirMotte)
-quick patch to make new buttons more consistent
v.0.5: - adds events list to all versions
v.0.6: - locking an event will open/create a log entry in the calendar associated with the date, granting the opportunity to add the link to the record.
v.0.7: - clicking the event button can close and open the window for events now
- events window is larger and allows larger dynamic scale.
- events only display once now, and shouldn't get confused when a minute changes an hour or an hour changes a day.
- fixed handler error for currentepoch
v.0.8: -patched some error messages.
-events should be up and running again, although they appear to occasionally act just a little finicky on FGC for some reason.
v.0.9: -bug/warning fixes
-opens calendar if this is the first time you've opened a campaign with this extension running.
-sets a calendar date if one is not already set.
-quickpatch to properly align single-press-buttons
-events manager adjustments (a button creates the calendar log entry now, rather than locking the record)
-creating a log entry with an event adds the text to the gm or player section of the calendar log, depending on the visibility of the event.
v.0.10: -fixed bug where items added to inventory were not appearing in actions tabs for many games. effected items will need to be replaced into the inventory.
v2.4: - fixes all around for odd yearindate red errors and should have gotten rid of the annoying "compare number with nil" errors when setting up.

5e:
v0.2: -chat message now states when a rest is being taken.
v.0.3: -added buttons to advance time to the next 6am, 12pm, 6pm, or 12am (graphics courtesy of SirMotte)
v.0.4: -events added
v.0.5: - locking an event will open/create a log entry in the calendar associated with the date, granting the opportunity to add the link to the record.
v.0.6: - clicking the event button can close and open the window for events now
- events only display once now, and shouldn't get confused when a minute changes an hour or an hour changes a day.
v.0.7: -fix errors
v.0.8: -patched some error messages.
-events should be up and running again, although they appear to occasionally act just a little finicky on FGC for some reason.
v.0.9: -bug/warning fixes
-opens calendar if this is the first time you've opened a campaign with this extension running.
-events manager adjustments (a button creates the calendar log entry now, rather than locking the record)
-creating a log entry with an event adds the text to the gm or player section of the calendar log, depending on the visibility of the event.
v.0.10: -fixed bug where items added to inventory were not appearing in actions tabs for many games. effected items will need to be replaced into the inventory.
v2.4: - adds buttons for slow, normal, and fast paced travel which will roll on table names "Encounter Chance Slow Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Pace", or "Encounter Chance Fast PACE".
-changes the tablenames for weather to be "Weather Today". a great Weather Generator table with that name exists in JimSocks' Content Generator module. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54306-Content-generator-2020!&highlight=content+generator)

PFRPG/PFRPG2
-v.0.2: -events added
v.0.3: - locking an event will open/create a log entry in the calendar associated with the date, granting the opportunity to add the link to the record.
v.0.4: - clicking the event button can close and open the window for events now
v.0.5: -patched some error messages.
v.0.6: -bug/warning fixes

All Versions:
v.1:-adds travel manager
-minor bug fixes and adjustments
v1.1:-minor adjustments
-events have a button to open list of calendar log entries
v1.2: -fixes error message when leaving campaign
-fixes duplicate calendar logs being created, and now associates with a single log per day.
v1.3:-general fixes and adjustments for chat messages and placement
-new graphic for travel manager/travel button
-added weather checking
v2: - adds Reminders
-minor graphical changes
v2.1: -reminder durations should now be saved with campaign
-minor adjustments
v2.2: - fixed bug where months weren't being counted
v2.3: - if an event or reminder has the same name as an existing table, table will roll upon trigger.

REVAMPED
One extension needed
rest buttons will work with their respective rulesets or be invisible if not compatible.
Travel pace buttons added or invisible for appropriate rulesets. includes encounter chance option.
includes fixes made by bmos

V2.1: an update from the Random Encounter Generator 5E extension of mine when available will allow travel encounters to utilize the random encounter generator extension to build an encounter. Versions needed for this compatibility are Clock Adjuster v2.1 and above, Random Encounter Generator 5E v1.7 and above

v2.2: -if you are using the Random Encounter Generator, and travel with an encounter chance, but it's non combat, if you have any biomes in the generator filters, it will roll on a table named "Non Combat [biomenamehere] Encounter".
this now works on normal and fast travel as well.
v2.2: minor fixes.

-fixed error messages when opening events and reminder windows.
-Events will now create calendar logs based on their time and date. When using an event's "Create Calendar Log" button, it will ADD the name and time as a header, followed by the text. This only happens ONCE. There can be multiple times added to a calendar log, that are created in the order you hit the buttons.43989
-v2.3: should fix an error cause by recent corerpg update which removed getCombatantCount() function from the CombatManager script when rounds change.
-v2.4: minor fixes

Brand new! Many fixes across the board, organized files and scripts a bit, made global scripts and functionality other extensions can make use of
Brand new v.0.6 adds new Busy State for players!

pr6i6e6st
June 6th, 2020, 22:28
New update makes it so if your event or reminder has the same name as an existing table name, it will roll on the table of the same name when triggering. So now, maybe you have periodic wild magic surges or periodic encounters. Maybe you have timed random events. Micromanaging those time-sensitive games has just gotten much easier!

Transmission89
July 21st, 2020, 15:36
Hi, I have downloaded the extension for the official AD&D Classic rules set. I have set up my calendar as advised. When I change time in the Calendar, the extension sees that and replicates. Yet if I try and change the time in the extension (or do anything else) it technically works, but I get a pop up saying nYearinDays is a nil value (even though I have put a year in the calendar). Any help on where I'm going wrong? This is also in FGC

pr6i6e6st
July 21st, 2020, 15:49
Hi, I have downloaded the extension for the official AD&D Classic rules set. I have set up my calendar as advised. When I change time in the Calendar, the extension sees that and replicates. Yet if I try and change the time in the extension (or do anything else) it technically works, but I get a pop up saying nYearinDays is a nil value (even though I have put a year in the calendar). Any help on where I'm going wrong? This is also in FGC

After setting up the calendar, adjust all time and date factors of the clock adjuster at least once to “create” the missing detail. The command to create it is in the clock adjust itself when it’s mousewheeled over. After doing that, it should be ok from then out. I’ll come back to this extension for updates after I finish the npc maker I’m working on for 5e

Transmission89
July 21st, 2020, 15:58
Hi, thank you for that! I've changed the dates and it works. I am using the gregorian calendar. I can get it working without the error, but if I then change it back to 21 July 2020, and reset the time, the error seems to re occur...

pr6i6e6st
July 21st, 2020, 16:00
Hi, thank you for that! I've changed the dates and it works. I am using the gregorian calendar. I can get it working without the error, but if I then change it back to 21 July 2020, and reset the time, the error seems to re occur...

Hm ok, I think it’s the reminders. Pretty sure I dice that for myself but might not have updated. I’ll check later and upload after I get home in like 3 hours

Transmission89
July 21st, 2020, 16:02
Ok, thank you. Just for clarity, I've not used the reminders. I've just made a log entry in the calendar to test it. I've not utilitised your extension beyond testing scrolling the time yet. But thank you so much for being super helpful! This is a really useful extension for my DMing plans!

Kelrugem
July 21st, 2020, 19:11
Hi :)

Nice extension :)

By the way, you can also allow 3.5e for the PF1 extension, too :) In sense of FG coding they are basically the same, so, extensions for PF1 should normally also work in 3.5e :)

pr6i6e6st
July 21st, 2020, 19:16
Hi :)

Nice extension :)

By the way, you can also allow 3.5e for the PF1 extension, too :) In sense of FG coding they are basically the same, so, extensions for PF1 should normally also work in 3.5e :)

Thank you, and ah I’ll include 3.5 as a ruleset for that version and see if there’s any conflicts. Just working on the bugs mentioned in comments above, it seems like I did fix the yearinminutes error, I’m just going to see if I can’t remove the confusion of needing to adjust the time and stuff, and I have something new for the 5e version.

pr6i6e6st
July 21st, 2020, 21:57
incoming update, 5e version will have buttons for slow, normal, fast travel, which can roll for encounter chances. see the tooltip for each button to see what tablenames you need.

Kelrugem
July 21st, 2020, 22:43
Thank you, and ah I’ll include 3.5 as a ruleset for that version and see if there’s any conflicts. Just working on the bugs mentioned in comments above, it seems like I did fix the yearinminutes error, I’m just going to see if I can’t remove the confusion of needing to adjust the time and stuff, and I have something new for the 5e version.

Cool, thank you :D

bmos
July 25th, 2020, 12:11
The white text can be hard to see on the 3.5e/pathfinder default theme.
Perhaps it could be differentiated from the current time by just reducing the transparency of black numbers?

Zygmunt Molotch
August 3rd, 2020, 07:36
For some reason, the 'remaining' field isn't clickable or populated by distance - travelled,

(this is in pathfinder ruleset), have I missed a setting somewhere?

bmos
August 3rd, 2020, 17:24
I fixed Zygmunt Molotch's issue, hopefully you don't mind the contribution :)
in desktop_panels.xml, travelmanager.distancetraveled and travelmanager.destination should have the following added to their onUpdate function:

window.distanceremaining.calculateDistanceRemainin g()
Then, remove the onInit and onClose functions from travelmanager.distanceremaining.

bmos
August 4th, 2020, 10:33
I released an update to my Disease Tracker yesterday which integrates with Clock Adjuster to roll disease/poison saving throws based on elapsed time/frequency, onset, and duration. You did a great job on TimeManager, that's a very useful script!

pablomaz
August 22nd, 2020, 16:26
Thank you, pr6i6e6st! It will help me a lot! : - )

Alanrockid
September 7th, 2020, 22:31
This is one of my favorite extensions at all. Very useful!

Some suggestions:
- Make reminders show the time when a event occurred, instead of the present time. I use the reminders to keep track of the party long rests... it would be great if i jumped like, 12 hours and have the reminder like: "At 23:00, Long Rest is available again." in addition to the current hour.
- How about a "current biome" setting in the travel panel, so it could roll climate and events for that particular biome? I'm my campaign, the characters often travel to arid deserts or snowy plains, so i can get a little odd when it starts snowing in the Sahara desert... XD
- You could replace "Kilometers" with Km, so it wont overlap the text box. Also, even when Kilometers are selected, the output text is showing miles (except on the first travel).
- Would be sweet if the mood light automatically changed at night/day.

Thank you, and keep up the great work!

bmos
September 10th, 2020, 23:38
Has anyone tried this with Starfinder?

Would be sweet if the mood light automatically changed at night/day.I have an extension for this (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Automatic-Mood-Lighting) which pr6i6e6st is welcome to integrate if they would like :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 15th, 2020, 01:43
I apologize for referring to the competing platform, but I came across something that seemed very interesting to use in conjunction with its extension [Utility] Clock Adjuster which would be the possibility to start the clock after setting the time, of course that with the possibility to pause and it would be even better if I could or if there was something that made a communication with the Combat Tracker and in it I could define how much time would pass when the shift was complete, for example defining that each complete shift would pass 6 seconds and this time would add that time to the time that was set.
So let's say that I make an alert to say that every hour that 1 hour of oil was burned and when the 6 hours of lantern oil has passed, a message appears that it is out of oil.
Oh and I dared to make changes to the extension because error messages were appearing when the time was advanced at 6am, 12am, 6pm, 12pm related to height and error messages when defining trip, both corrections worked well in FGC and FGU, however as the FGU calendar is in trouble.

bmos
September 25th, 2020, 15:13
-[This does not appear to happen in Fantasy Grounds Unity] Events appear not to "complete" until a couple of hours past their set time, when years are set high enough, and when minutes are not the same as the event's minutes.
-Reminders are experiencing the same issue as events, where in FGC, adjusting minutes doesn't function as expected. this does not occur in FGU.
The reason for this appears to be a difference in the maximum length of number-type nodes in the DB in FGC vs FGU. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62245-Floating-Point-Precision-differences&p=544911&viewfull=1#post544911)
If you store the number as a string-type node in the DB it doesn't lose nearly as much accuracy, so I'd recommend you do so (could even include if statement for FGC vs FGU although that seems excessive to me).

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 30th, 2020, 18:24
I am having the following errors, both at FGC and FGU
When I add a value to increase the day it does nothing.
When I add a value to change the month it changes, but not in the message and an error message appears.
an alert for Anchored static height appears in timesep3 upall

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 30th, 2020, 18:55
FGC
Script Error: [string "addmonth"]:1: attempt to compare number with nil
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (timesep3) in windowclass (chattime)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (upall) in windowclass (chattime)

FGU
Anchored static height ignored for control (timesep3) in windowclass (chattime)
Anchored static height ignored for control (upall) in windowclass (chattime)
Script execution error: [string "addmonth"]:21: attempt to compare number with nil

bmos
September 30th, 2020, 18:59
FGU
Anchored static height ignored for control (timesep3) in windowclass (chattime)
Anchored static height ignored for control (upall) in windowclass (chattime)
Script execution error: [string "addmonth"]:21: attempt to compare number with nilI just checked the code. Months and years need to be double-clicked individually or their numbers are ignored.
I am not seeing these error messages, possibly due to changes you previously posted about? (just guessing).

It could also be that we are using it with different rulesets, you didn't mention what system you use this with.
This might be an intentional choice since jumping months or years at a time is a rare occurrence in most games.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 30th, 2020, 23:36
bmos and pr6i6e6st I took the liberty and moved and much in the extension of you, I apologize for the boldness even.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I add 1 day it appears duplicate in the chat.
When I create events:
minutes | hours | days the message appears in the chat
But when I close and open the campaign I have to do the ritual of hiding and showing the event, deactivating and reactivating so that the message appears again in the chat.
And every time I start the message nil appears on top of everything in the chat.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
September 30th, 2020, 23:41
Another thing that I think would be cool, but is beyond my reach would be to have seconds and a kind of play | pause for me to set the date and time and let the time roll, and at special moments to pause that time and even more define this passing time in second, I know that what I'm going to do is ugly to mention another platform, but on Foundry you can do it, but the case is ... I like FG, I have FG and I want to do it and my vague knowledge says. ..is possible especially at FGU.

bmos
October 1st, 2020, 01:56
bmos and pr6i6e6st I took the liberty and moved and much in the extension of you, I apologize for the boldness even.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I add 1 day it appears duplicate in the chat.
When I create events:
minutes | hours | days the message appears in the chat
But when I close and open the campaign I have to do the ritual of hiding and showing the event, deactivating and reactivating so that the message appears again in the chat.
And every time I start the message nil appears on top of everything in the chat.It appears that the code for checking whether the event has completed only gets run if you have opened the events list. This is not your fault, it's just how it was made to work (the script is in the windowclass for that UI element, so it isn't loaded until you open the events list). You don't need to enable/disable or hide/show it. You can just open the list of events.
It looks like a useful feature, so I might take a look at reworking that part sometime, but pr6i6e6st might come back (it has only been a couple of months) and I don't want to be seen as 'taking over' if that's the case.

Another thing that I think would be cool, but is beyond my reach would be to have seconds and a kind of play | pause for me to set the date and time and let the time roll, and at special moments to pause that time and even more define this passing time in second, I know that what I'm going to do is ugly to mention another platform, but on Foundry you can do it, but the case is ... I like FG, I have FG and I want to do it and my vague knowledge says. ..is possible especially at FGU.I don't think anyone minds you mentioning Foundry, they have an interesting product that is pushing other VTT's to innovate and they should all get better as a result. Unfortunately, I don't think real-time code like that can be done in FG without SmiteWorks getting involved, but I have branched out my use of ClockAdjusterPFRPG to include 6 second rounds in my Disease Tracker (it rolls saving throws when needed so we don't forget).
I was looking at the code of ClockAdjuster and it seems that pr6i6e6st was hoping to do similar (but without the live clock aspect).

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 1st, 2020, 06:05
I managed to solve the duplicate day ... now I just need to find out what is generating the word nil in the chat.

bmos
October 1st, 2020, 11:36
I managed to solve the duplicate day ... now I just need to find out what is generating the word nil in the chat.That's line 392 in desktop_panels.xml

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 1st, 2020, 12:44
bmos line 392 for this message?

bmos
October 1st, 2020, 12:59
bmos line 392 for this message?

39862yes. it is trying to post that database node as a debug message in chat (that is what debug.chat does) but the node it is asking for doesn't exist and is therefore nil.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 1st, 2020, 13:31
Perfect! Thanks for the help bmos.

seycyrus
October 2nd, 2020, 02:34
Perfect! Thanks for the help bmos.

Yako2020! Care to spread the wealth with your Gurps Brethren? Is the gurps clock adjuster working?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 2nd, 2020, 03:13
Posted in GURPS forum seycyrus with another extensions.
Yes work well in both FG's but the FGU has a error when the year change, the calendar changes to something very crazy.

Darth Decisive
October 23rd, 2020, 04:51
This ext. is amazing! However, for FG Unity for 5e, it doesn't seem to be allowing me to change the miles/hour or day function - no matter what I put in that field, it always seems to calculate it with the default speed of 3 (24 miles/8 hours at normal pace even if I put it up to 6 or something.)

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

sciencephile
October 30th, 2020, 20:49
Thank you for the extension.

I do have one question (and I apologize if it was already addressed)...

I notice that doing the short and long rest actually advances the combat tracker. However, advancing the time using the hours/minutes/days, etc. doesn't advance the combat tracker. So, if using Pathfinder and character has mage armor as an effect that will last 600 rounds (1 hour), double-clicking the 10 minutes will advance the calendar 10 minutes but the effect is still set at 600 rounds. Is this a future feature or am I not doing something correctly? I can work around it by just putting in a number of minutes into the short rest and doing it that way, but was wondering about the other advance time methods.

Thanks again.

bmos
November 8th, 2020, 21:38
As a fan of this extension, I have made adjustments to this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63546-PFRPG-Time-Manager) so it will decrement the duration of any remaining effects and will also advance minutes when you have advanced the rounds enough (in combat tracker).
If you are interested in bringing these changes back from my Pathfinder 1e version into your extension, you're welcome to.

Weissrolf
November 8th, 2020, 21:50
Sound good, I would use this. :)

nephranka
November 10th, 2020, 21:50
I have made adjustments to this so it will decrement the duration of any remaining effects and will also advance minutes when you have advanced the rounds enough (in combat tracker). (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60308-bmos-extensions&p=554867&viewfull=1#post554867)
If you are interested in bringing these changes back into your extension, you're welcome to.

Hello! I love this ext. I notice in 5e when I use the 2,6b version, effects with duration 0 get decremented in the CT when I advance the time using the hours and mins. The long and short rest seems to do fine. In the screenshot below I am using the advance effects ext and move the time forward 1 hr. The duration changed to -600.

Thoughts?

bmos
November 10th, 2020, 22:37
Hello! I love this ext. I notice in 5e when I use the 2,6b version, effects with duration 0 get decremented in the CT when I advance the time using the hours and mins. The long and short rest seems to do fine. In the screenshot below I am using the advance effects ext and move the time forward 1 hr. The duration changed to -600.

Thoughts?I fixed the issue with 0 duration effects in the beta.2 I posted earlier today.
It's a Pathfinder 1e extension, not a 5E one, so YMMV.
Also, I'd say this is the wrong place to post about it as it's not my thread.

Jiminimonka
November 10th, 2020, 23:27
Clock Adjuster 5E: has options to travel at a slow, normal, and fast pace and can roll on tables "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace". The weather also now checks for "Weather Today" now, instead of the three tables for weather types. This table is included in JimSocks' Content Generator mod, and is a great asset to include.

Thanks for this extension, very useful.

I have a slight issue - where are these tables? They are not part of JimSocks mod and I searched the tables in DMGuide etc., cant see anything named like that. I am using the 5e version. Thanks.

FuzzyThall13
November 17th, 2020, 22:22
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I've read all the previous posts and could not find an answer. I'm using the 5e version of this wonderful extension and the JimSock's Content Generator module. I have renamed the Weather Wind, Temperature and Precipitation tables. However, for the random encounters for travel pace I cannot find the three tables; Encounter Chance Slow/Normal/Fast Pace. Where are they or how do I create them?

Also, when clicking on any of the Advance time buttons it throws an ERROR Script execution error: [string "adv6pm"]:9: attempt to compare number with nil
What am I missing?

Fuzzy

Three of Swords
November 18th, 2020, 01:15
Also, when clicking on any of the Advance time buttons it throws an ERROR Script execution error: [string "adv6pm"]:9: attempt to compare number with nil
What am I missing?

Have you manually set a time and date in the calendar? It needs that info before it can 'add to it'.

FuzzyThall13
November 18th, 2020, 02:26
Yep, I guess that was it. I opened the calendar and did nothing, tried again and it worked. Thanks, I guess.;)

Now to figure out those Encounter Chance travel speed tables.

soonerhef
December 28th, 2020, 17:41
Thank you for this extension!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 16th, 2021, 14:01
I don't know if it's something I did with my adjustments, but it hit me with a doubt regarding the extension, if I do an Event List and a Reminder they weren't supposed to show up when the determined time happened, even if that time occurs of Travel?
Example I set an event for 16/01/2021 at 10:00 AM and a 6 hour alert to indicate that my lamp is off. The current date set is 15/01/2021 at 10:00 and I defined a 24 hour trip in an era to show 4 alerts and 1 event?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 17th, 2021, 17:37
Steps to operate the Clock Adjuster:
1 - Set the date and time on the calendar
2 - Define event (Date and time that will occur)
3 - Set Alert (Duration of Consumable Equipment - In the case of the duration of the Lantern's fuel) 0 Fuel
4 - Determine the total distance of the trip and how much you travel for 6 hours. (Distance takes 4x6 hours)
If I understood correctly it was supposed to appear 4 Flashlight Fuel Alerts and an event, since the travel time took 4 rolls of 6 hours, am I right or are these factors that trigger independently of the travel function?

JazerNorth
January 19th, 2021, 18:59
Hi,
I have tried this extension and I'm at a loss. No window shows up.
I have these 2 selected:

When I'm in the campaign, no additional window is showing:

FGU Version 4.0.7 (latest update of software and all modules)
Any help would be appreciated.

JazerNorth
January 19th, 2021, 20:20
It looks like some themes block the window from showing.
I removed the themes, moved the window down, then put the themes back in and it shows. So I guess one of the themes blocks the initial window in the top left.

Daleus
January 25th, 2021, 15:05
I haven't found this issue in the thread - apologies if I missed it.

The only problem I seem to be having with this extension is that when I try to enter the numbers to increment fields, the numbers don't show although double clicking works just the same. It also appears as thought the window for the gadget is flawed. There is no border so that the top row of boxes overlap the top edge of the window, and the bottom row of buttons really overlaps the window border.

I *do* have the UI scaled up slightly, but adjusting that does not resolve the issue. I also tested themes etc. and that had no effect. (a prev post suggested there might be conflict there)

Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

pr6i6e6st
February 18th, 2021, 06:11
I fixed the issue with 0 duration effects in the beta.2 I posted earlier today.
It's a Pathfinder 1e extension, not a 5E one, so YMMV.
Also, I'd say this is the wrong place to post about it as it's not my thread.

I just want to give a huge thank you for continuing this project and keeping it going. Immense gratitude. I just grabbed a copy here, and have been picking through it and glanced at some comments about changes made. I haven't tested in classic but by the sounds of it, you've fixed the problem that i was having.

With a bit of modification, i think I've found a way to have it work with any ruleset. I have it now so that the rest function will work with either of the 4 D&D and pathfinder rulesets we have supported, and then make the rest buttons invisible if used on any other ruleset. I also should be able to get the extra travel buttons/encounter chance working.

function onInit()
sRuleset = User.getRulesetName();
if sRuleset == "PFRPG" or sRuleset == "PFRPG2" or sRuleset == "3.5E" then
bLong = false;
elseif sRuleset == "5E" then
bLong = true;
else
setVisible(false);
end
end

with a possibility to automatically use my Random Encounter Generator extension if one has it. I'll have to look at the new effects function you have to see if it's compatible with any ruleset or not and if that's easily modied if its not. I'll see if i can't finish that tomorrow and I'll post an update when its ready.

Again, huge thank you for your support, and your contributions. This is awesome!

pr6i6e6st
February 18th, 2021, 23:20
When Rob uploads the new update for the Random Encounter Generator 5E extension of mine, when used with the new version of this extension, Travel Encounters will use the Random Encounter Generator to build an encounter and even pull up a map. If you don't have the extension, it uses the old method.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 01:00
fixed an issue with Random Encounter Generator only being utilized for Slow Travel.

Also, if you are using a Biome in the Random Encounter Generator, and have a table that is named "Non Combat biomename Encounter", where "biomename" is replaced with the name of the biome you are using in the Random Encounter Generator, if your encounter is not a battle, it will roll this instead of the "Non Combat Encounter" table that is used by default.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 05:57
fixed a few bugs with reminders and events, and made it so events add to calendar logs based on their time stamp. header and description is added ONCE per time stamp, in the order they are added to the calendar log.43988

Intolerant
February 20th, 2021, 06:11
I totally nerded out when I tried out this mod. It's fantastic! But I was wondering: is it possible to reduce the remaining duration of active effects (and remove them when they expire) when the calender time is advanced? I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and haven't dipped my toes into modding yet, but I was thinking that if you can't hook directly into the FGU calender system then maybe it could be done inside the clock adjuster button routines.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED THAT IT ALREADY DOES THIS

YOU ARE A GOD

It doesn't work when using CTRL + Mouse Wheel or using the "Advance time to..." buttons though.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 06:13
I totally nerded out when I tried out this mod. It's fantastic! But I was wondering: is it possible to reduce the remaining duration of active effects (and remove them when they expire) when the calender time is advanced? I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and haven't dipped my toes into modding yet, but I was thinking that if you can't hook directly into the FGU calender system then maybe it could be done inside the clock adjuster button routines.

I think bmos layed the groundwork in there for it. If it doesn’t already function that way, I’ll see if there’s a way.

Intolerant
February 20th, 2021, 06:22
I noticed after posting that it already has this functionality when using the "Double-Click to adjust..." buttons! But not when using CTRL + Mouse Wheel or using the "Advance time to..." buttons.

Also, I'm getting an error when opening the details window for entries into the reminder manager.

Intolerant
February 20th, 2021, 06:22
Edit: I'm having a really hard time with the forum boss today.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 12:00
fixed a few bugs with reminders and events, and made it so events add to calendar logs based on their time stamp. header and description is added ONCE per time stamp, in the order they are added to the calendar log.43988

Are you planning on updating the page 1 ext or did I miss it some where? Thanks!

Jiminimonka
February 20th, 2021, 12:05
I notice the time adjusts as the CT tracker cycles thru rounds! Super cool. Thanks

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 13:15
I noticed after posting that it already has this functionality when using the "Double-Click to adjust..." buttons! But not when using CTRL + Mouse Wheel or using the "Advance time to..." buttons.

Also, I'm getting an error when opening the details window for entries into the reminder manager.

Should have fixed that just before you commented last night. If the new version doesn’t fix it, I’ll need to look at it again

Are you planning on updating the page 1 ext or did I miss it some where? Thanks!
Yup, it’s been updated a couple times in the last couple days.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 13:50
Thanks for the updates. I noticed in a clean build of 5e the reminder still goes off with every clock adjustment instead of at the prescribed time? Is this the expected behavior?

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 14:37
Thanks for the updates. I noticed in a clean build of 5e the reminder still goes off with every clock adjustment instead of at the prescribed time? Is this the expected behavior?

Have you set up the in game calendar? The one where you need to open a module and select a setting? Found in the top right of your screen?

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 15:01
Just looked at your screenshot, sorry. What happened that it appeared to start working properly after adjusting? I see it do it a bunch of times then appears to function as intended at the end.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 15:05
Just looked at your screenshot, sorry. What happened that it appeared to start working properly after adjusting? I see it do it a bunch of times then appears to function as intended at the end.

Nothing. I turned it off to show that time was moving and no reminder was on then I turned it back on to show it is still broke.
Note, it is a 5 min reminder but the clock only moved 1 min and we still got the reminder. At this point, no matter what I set the reminder to it goes off any time the clock changes.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 15:10
Here is a test with two reminders.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 15:16
Here is a test with two reminders.

Very odd, I tested that last night and it appeared to be working. Maybe there’s a step we’re missing that I should try and rectify. Sorry about that, I’ll try to look at it after work tonight.

rtrevino
February 20th, 2021, 16:33
Hello,

I have a slight issue - where are these tables? "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace".

They are not part of JimSocks mod and I searched the tables in DMGuide etc., cant see anything named like that. I am using the 5e version. Thanks.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 16:36
Hello,

I have a slight issue - where are these tables? "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace", "Encounter Chance Normal Travel Pace", or "Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace".

They are not part of JimSocks mod and I searched the tables in DMGuide etc., cant see anything named like that. I am using the 5e version. Thanks.

Gotta make them. Alternatively, if you have my Random Encounter Generator extension, they aren’t needed/used.

rtrevino
February 20th, 2021, 16:39
Gotta make them. Alternatively, if you have my Random Encounter Generator extension, they aren’t needed/used.

Hi,
I have the Random Encouter Generator, but still cant get encounters. Maybe Im doing somehing wrong?.. (most likley!) what should I use on the chances boxes?

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 16:43
Hi,
I hve the Random Encouter Generator, but still cant get encounters. Maybe Im doing somehing wrong?.. (most likley!) what should I use on the chances boxes?

First chance box if you hover your mouse over, is the chance for Encounter. 100 is always, 0 is never.

The second box is the chance that the encounter is a battle. Again, 100 for always, 0 for never. If it’s a battle, it uses the REGenerator. If it’s not a battle, it rolls a table named “Non Combat Encounter” if not using any biomes, or “Non Combat biomename Encounter” if you are using a biome that matches the table’s biomename. See the change log for an example.

I’ll include it here too44017

rtrevino
February 20th, 2021, 16:45
First chance box if you hover your mouse over, is the chance for Encounter. 100 is always, 0 is never.

The second box is the chance that the encounter is a battle. Again, 100 for always, 0 for never. If it’s a battle, it uses the REGenerator. If it’s not a battle, it rolls a table named “Non Combat Encounter” if not using any biomes, or “Non Combat biomename Encounter” if you are using a biome that matches the table’s biomename. See the change log for an example.

That was it! thank you very much!

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 16:59
If you have my Random Encounter Generator 5E extension, some features change.

The travel manager section will gain two new fields.
Encounter chance - set anywhere from 0-100. If 0, an encounter never happens. If 100, an encounter always happens.

Battle Chance - set anywhere from 0-100. If an encounter happens, if battle chance is set to 0, a battle never happens, and a table named “Non Combat Encounter” is rolled if it exists. That’s if the Random Encounter Generator has no biome names in its biome filter. Alternatively, if there is a biome name in the biome filter, if it exists, it’ll roll a table named “Non Combat biomename Encounter” instead. If Battle chance is set to 100, a battle will always occur when there’s an encounter, and will use the current settings of the Random Encounter Generator to attempt to build an encounter. (Note that if the generator fails to roll up an encounter, you may end up with a blank encounter. I recommend setting some filters to limit the NPCs being put in the hat. Most preferably restricting the CR to about the party’s level.)

This function replaces the table roll for the slow, normal and fast travel pace encounter chance tables.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 17:51
One more detail. I was testing a different ext and forgot yours was also still loaded. When I tried it again, I am getting this error (see screen shot). Obviously, a conflict with the Kit'N;Kaboodle ext.

xTheCanadian
February 20th, 2021, 18:12
Hello, I am not sure what happened but I was using this extension today and it seems the short rest and long rest buttons are broken? The short rest throws an error but the long rest doesn't, it just sends a blank chat message and doesn't do anything.

I tried it in my active 5e campaign and in a brand new 5e campaign and got the same results. I updated the extension this morning, I believe.

Also, doesn't roll weather anymore when it used to before.

pr6i6e6st
February 20th, 2021, 18:20
Hello, I am not sure what happened but I was using this extension today and it seems the short rest and long rest buttons are broken? The short rest throws an error but the long rest doesn't, it just sends a blank chat message and doesn't do anything.

I tried it in my active 5e campaign and in a brand new 5e campaign and got the same results. I updated the extension this morning, I believe.

Also, doesn't roll weather anymore when it used to before.

I think the weather table lookup reverted to the old way of looking for the three weather tables.

I’ll have to look at the rest buttons later.

One more detail. I was testing a different ext and forgot yours was also still loaded. When I tried it again, I am getting this error (see screen shot). Obviously, a conflict with the Kit'N;Kaboodle ext.

I haven’t looked at this extension yet, I’m assuming there’s a similar function or class name or some kind of override somewhere in their extension that conflicts with mine. Might be longer of a fix from my end unless they can work it out faster on their end

xTheCanadian
February 20th, 2021, 18:25
Thanks bud, I accidentally posted in the Random Encounters Thread before realizing I was in the wrong thread.

Intolerant
February 21st, 2021, 00:41
An update on the "Double Click to adjust" buttons - it seems like if you add exactly enough time to reduce an effect's duration to zero, then it sets their duration to zero without removing them. The result is a permanent effect (since effects with duration: 0 are treated as permanent by the engine).

To reproduce this, make an effect with a ten minute duration, then advance time by 1 minute ten times, or by 5 minutes 2 times, etc.

Keep up the great work man! You are a badass.

PS: Seems like you did indeed fix the error with the detail expand on reminders.

pr6i6e6st
February 21st, 2021, 02:09
ok, a bunch of stuff should be fixed that's been mentioned here about rests, errors, reminder times, travel errors and such. I doubt i got it all so just let me know if you have any problems guys. Random Encounter Generator 5E has been updated and may be required for the compatibility functions

xTheCanadian
February 21st, 2021, 03:49
Yay! The rest thing works great now. It's still saying it can't find table for rolling weather but that's waaaay less important (To me) than being able to rest and control time itself!

Thank you for fixing that so fast, the quick rests are one of my favorite features of the extension :D

nephranka
February 21st, 2021, 14:38
ok, a bunch of stuff should be fixed that's been mentioned here about rests, errors, reminder times, travel errors and such. I doubt i got it all so just let me know if you have any problems guys. Random Encounter Generator 5E has been updated and may be required for the compatibility functions

Great work! So far it is working as expected! Thank you.

JustinFreitas
February 26th, 2021, 01:23

Thanks for the fixes! Reminders are working again for me.

mattekure
March 3rd, 2021, 01:34
in our game tonight, we were getting this error each round.

https://imgur.com/cnpR2X4.jpg

pr6i6e6st
March 3rd, 2021, 02:17
in our game tonight, we were getting this error each round.

https://imgur.com/cnpR2X4.jpg

thanks, an update removed that function from the CombatManager script, so this update should fix that, I'm not getting the error anymore anyways.

bmos
March 3rd, 2021, 18:17
Welcome back to ClockAdjuster!
I'm glad you found time to maintain it again :)
I have closed down my Time Manager variant.

Here is the latest improvement to my LongTermEffects expansion (incrementing minutes after 10 rounds and decrementing effects when time passes):
This is courtesy of DCrumb (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63546-PFRPG-Time-Manager&p=572233&viewfull=1#post572233) (see the discussion around this here (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager/pull/11)).

If short, you can change

if nCurrent >= 10 and not bTimeChanged then
to

if (nCurrent % 10) == 9 and not bTimeChanged then
in longtermeffects.lua to allow rounds to go beyond 9 without resetting.

eporrini
March 3rd, 2021, 19:26
Can someone tell me what time manager rounds mode (quick or full process) is for? I also noticed I had a very long combat and the rounds stopped incrementing at 9, as mentioned above. Is the ability to go past 9 being added into the core clock adjuster extension?

bmos
March 3rd, 2021, 20:35
Can someone tell me what time manager rounds mode (quick or full process) is for? I also noticed I had a very long combat and the rounds stopped incrementing at 9, as mentioned above. Is the ability to go past 9 being added into the core clock adjuster extension?Full Process is an option that performs full processing of every elapsed round (which can take a LONG time). This means that fast healing, bleed, stablization rolls will all happen as many times as they would have if you had advanced all that time just by using the next round button.

On my desktop, advancing 8 hours in game took just under 2 minutes to process it all. For this test, I had a singe PC in the combat tracker with one effect.
When I used it with my normal campaign, it took around 4 minutes to process 8 hours. This was with 11 in combat tracker and 2-8 effects per combatant.
For this reason, "quick mode" is the default, but "Full Process" is there for anyone who doesn't mind waiting.

Corun is working on some code (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager/pull/9)to trigger full processing when it would actually accomplish something (such as when there is a creature with fast healing, bleed, etc in the combat tracker) but uses quick mode when there is not.

pr6i6e6st
March 3rd, 2021, 21:06
Welcome back to ClockAdjuster!
I'm glad you found time to maintain it again :)
I have closed down my Time Manager variant.

Here is the last improvement to my LongTermEffects expansion (incrementing minutes after 10 rounds and decrementing effects when time passes):
This is courtesy of PokeyCA (see the discussion around this here (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager/pull/11)) and DCrumb (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63546-PFRPG-Time-Manager&p=572233&viewfull=1#post572233).

If short, you can change

if nCurrent >= 10 and not bTimeChanged then
to

if (nCurrent % 10) == 9 and not bTimeChanged then
in longtermeffects.lua to allow rounds to go beyond 9 without resetting.

I've gone ahead and made the change and uploaded the new version. someone was asking about adding the longtermeffect code to when days change, but where the process is so lengthy at the moment, i think I'll wait till we can get that more cleaned/sped up for that change.

bmos
March 3rd, 2021, 21:22
I've gone ahead and made the change and uploaded the new version. someone was asking about adding the longtermeffect code to when days change, but where the process is so lengthy at the moment, i think I'll wait till we can get that more cleaned/sped up for that change.Try this.
1. Enables days and hours for 3.5E and PFRPG. Should be easy to add one more function replacement for use with 5E.
2. Fixes weirdness with the option for full/quick (apparently it's a bad idea to use underscores in options names (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66522-Hotkeyed-Option-Bug) for now).
3. Replaced User.isHost() with Session.IsHost

Bummer we can't attach to private messages on here. I didn't update the version number or anything, just submitting my changed files this way.

EDIT: re-uploaded to fix a Session.IsHost that I had typed as Session.isHost and to make hours/days work for 5E and PFRPG2 (I think, I haven't tested it in those systems).

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=591435&viewfull=1#post591435) (there were 14 downloads here).

DCrumb
March 4th, 2021, 04:23
Just so it is known, I am PokeyCA on github (one of the reasons for my avatar pic is my long term user handle has always been Pokey, sometimes I am quick enough to get it, some times not).

Weissrolf
March 8th, 2021, 23:00
I suggest to exchange the placement of the long rest hours and short rest minutes. Currently short rest minutes is placed beneath the current/add hours and long rest hours beneath the current/add minutes. Makes more sense to place long rest beneath hours and short rest beneath minutes.

HeckoX
March 9th, 2021, 01:33
I tested this with the StarFinder ruleset, with no other extensions active, and something is definitely broken there as well. Done in FGC.

bmos
March 10th, 2021, 03:23
Ruleset update posted today changes nextRound function (in longtermeffects.lua).

local aCombatantEntries = CombatManager.getSortedCombatantList();
if #aCombatantEntries > 0 then

is now
if #aEntries > 0 then

Also, one important note not covered in the readme is that reminders and events windows must be left open for their alerts to go off at the correct time since that code is in xml scripts rather than standalone lua scripts.

EDIT: March 25, 2021
I have reuploaded this as there was a regression in the fix PokeyCA/DCrumb suggested to make rounds capable of going past 9. There were 35 downloads before I reuploaded.

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=591435&viewfull=1#post591435)

JustinFreitas
March 10th, 2021, 17:49
Thanks for staying current!

nephranka
March 10th, 2021, 18:01
Ruleset update posted today changes nextRound function (in longtermeffects.lua).

local aCombatantEntries = CombatManager.getSortedCombatantList();
if #aCombatantEntries > 0 then

is now
if #aEntries > 0 then

Also, one important note not covered in the readme is that reminders and events windows must be left open for their alerts to go off at the correct time since that code is in xml scripts rather than standalone lua scripts.

Good to know. Thanks!

Intolerant
March 13th, 2021, 11:28
It would be awesome if the travel tool worked with fractional values. For example, if I put in 2.5 for speed and click the leftmost travel button then the travel speed gets rounded down to 2 miles per hour (tested with various "Travel by" values). Similarly, entering 0.5 for "travel by X hours" then results in no distance being traveled and no time passing.

Also a button to reset traveled distance would be overkill but well appreciated.

chaiwalla
March 18th, 2021, 02:09
The "Attachment 35667" is a dead-end link (which I assumed was the actual extension). Is the Clock Adjuster extension still out there?

DMMoseley23
March 18th, 2021, 02:52
The latest versions of the extensions are nearly always at the bottom of the first post and have a *.ext format. The one for Clock Adjuster is there. I can't say if it works with the latest iteration of FGU or not though.

bmos
March 18th, 2021, 04:35
I'd suggest using the ext on the previous page as it contains updates from newer ruleset changes.

Weissrolf
March 18th, 2021, 09:33
You mean your 03-10 version? The OP seems to contain a 03-11 version. Which one is more up-to-date?

bmos
March 18th, 2021, 12:52
You mean your 03-10 version? The OP seems to contain a 03-11 version. Which one is more up-to-date?
Mine is more up to date.
The one in the 1st post does not contain this fix (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=585604&viewfull=1#post585604).

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 01:58
Is it possible to have a player mini calendar that is viewable?

Something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/FUIZRvE.png

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 02:21
Testing in 4E:

>Clock Adjuster 5E/PFRPG2/PFRPG: drops the "set" fields from the original, and replaces them with two new fields. you can adjust these to whatever number you wish, then when doubleclicked, will adjust the clock by the specified number in hours and give either a >short rest or a long/overnight rest.

This does not seem to be working in 4E. Tested using bmos latest version.

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 02:36
Added the 4E ruleset to the code. Kinda works. In 4e, Short Rest returns spent Encounter Powers. Long Rest returns Daily and Encounter Powers. Its reversed now (Short Rest giving Daily and Encounter, Long only Encounter).

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 02:42
Testing in 4E:

>Clock Adjuster 5E/PFRPG2/PFRPG: drops the "set" fields from the original, and replaces them with two new fields. you can adjust these to whatever number you wish, then when doubleclicked, will adjust the clock by the specified number in hours and give either a >short rest or a long/overnight rest.

This does not seem to be working in 4E. Tested using bmos latest version.Pretty sure that's been broken for a long time. I'll see if I can look into it soon.

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 02:57
Pretty sure that's been broken for a long time. I'll see if I can look into it soon.

Previously I changed the 3.5E to 4E and had the issue. Changed the 5E to 4E and all seems to be working correctly.

elseif sRuleset == "4E" then

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 03:00
Glad I looked into it. There were global variables and a bug regarding PF1, PF2, and 3.5E.
EDIT: removed

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 03:12
Glad I looked into it. There were global variables and a bug regarding PF1, PF2, and 3.5E.
Fixed.

The buttons got shifted left in this latest version (at least it did in 4E)

Previous version:

https://i.imgur.com/zygIbmQ.png

Latest Version:

https://i.imgur.com/z9rua5T.png

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 03:15
The buttons got shifted left in this latest version (at least it did in 4E)oops.
I was combining this with the previous request to swap the long and short rest buttons (since short rest is more like minutes so this is more intuitive) and forgot to shift the other buttons to anchor to shortrest.

I suggest to exchange the placement of the long rest hours and short rest minutes. Currently short rest minutes is placed beneath the current/add hours and long rest hours beneath the current/add minutes. Makes more sense to place long rest beneath hours and short rest beneath minutes.Done.

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=591435&viewfull=1#post591435) (there were 22 downloads here).

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 03:26
Yep, very nice. Working as expected :-)

Now I need to find a mini widget calendar for the players...

kevininrussia
March 23rd, 2021, 08:07
Is it possible to make the Event chat text bigger or another color or something to distinguish it in the chat box? Now its small and I think will be easily missed.

https://i.imgur.com/acMLyOE.png

bmos
March 23rd, 2021, 12:58
Now I need to find a mini widget calendar for the players...I like the player clock idea you posted previously and will be implementing it here eventually. I certainly have players who are surprised when I say what time it is (even though there have been chat messages posted frequently as the minutes go by).

Is it possible to make the Event chat text bigger or another color or something to distinguish it in the chat box? Now its small and I think will be easily missed.That's a good idea. The events/reminders need a lot of work (ideally they shouldn't require the events/reminders lists to be left open).
In the meantime, add it as an effect with the duration in rounds (yes the number might be large). With that specific example of a torch, this will be the preferred approach anyway (since FG 4.1 introduces "LIGHT: 30 torch" as a useful effect).

I'm also planning to look into doing this now that the shortcuts bar has so much more empty room:

Maybe consider a more vertical layout that allows the clock to be placed on the right-hand button bar area
and maybe this in PF, 3.5E, and PF2:

I think that short rest should be set in minutes instead of hours.

Ludd_G
March 23rd, 2021, 20:34
I would also love a player facing clock/calendar widget, with the time being more important than the date for my table.

Cheers,

Simon

similarly
March 25th, 2021, 15:06
The buttons got shifted left in this latest version (at least it did in 4E)

Previous version:

https://i.imgur.com/zygIbmQ.png

Latest Version:

https://i.imgur.com/z9rua5T.png

Wow. I wish my clock adjuster looked like that. for some reason, mine is kind of cut off on the bottom.

I'm using the default leather theme.

bmos
March 25th, 2021, 18:25
Wow. I wish my clock adjuster looked like that. for some reason, mine is kind of cut off on the bottom.

I'm using the default leather theme.It's your theme. That happens with themes that have no title bar.

EDIT: also here is a beta build of a new improvement that Corun (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?263442-Corun) added.
If you have the options menu toggle set to Full Process it should now switch to Quick Mode automatically when not needed (when there are no ongoing effects).
It also contains a fix for a regression in PokeyCA/DCrumb's rounds advancement fix to allow rounds to go past 9.
I have only tested it with PFRPG.

As a reminder of what full process does:

It triggers effects that occur each round. FHEAL, REGEN, DMGO. It also rolls death saves. Possibly other things.

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=591435&viewfull=1#post591435) (there were 26 downloads here).

nephranka
March 31st, 2021, 02:18
I do have a question regarding the number inputted into the mins/hrs and short/long rest fields. Would there be a way to remember the last numbers entered from one session to the next? I find that those fields tend to be the same numbers more times than not and having them persist would be one less thing to setup before or during the game. Thanks in advance for any help or information.

kevininrussia
March 31st, 2021, 05:37
I do have a question regarding the number inputted into the mins/hrs and short/long rest fields. Would there be a way to remember the last numbers entered from one session to the next? I find that those fields tend to be the same numbers more times than not and having them persist would be one less thing to setup before or during the game. Thanks in advance for any help or information.

I second that request :-)

Farnaby
March 31st, 2021, 10:30
I second that request :-)

I third it.

Taralas
March 31st, 2021, 19:17
Thank you for picking this extension back up!

Is it possible to give an option to select the tables for weather effects?

bmos
March 31st, 2021, 19:27
Thank you for picking this extension back up!

Is it possible to give an option to select the tables for weather effects?This is something I was planning to add when I was maintaining the PFRPG port. I was tracking it as issue [10] (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager/issues/10) in my issue tracker and had a pretty good user experience planned (I think so at least).

nephranka
March 31st, 2021, 19:32
This is something I was planning to add when I was maintaining the PFRPG port. I was tracking it as issue [10] (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager/issues/10) in my issue tracker and had a pretty good user experience planned (I think so at least).

That sounds great!

Yonjaime
April 1st, 2021, 10:17
Hi,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful extension. I love it...although I think I don't know how to use it properly, or I don't know if I want it to do something that it doesn't do, or something else.

I have the clock adjuster with the calendar set (Harptos) in my current 5e campaign (SKT). I also have my "Open Travel Manager" open, in which I've got it set with the distance my PC's have to travel, speed, and travel by (2 hours) set. I have opened my "Open Events Manager", with an event set to happen, with an hour and date specified.

Here's my thing (screen shot attached): If I pass time using the clock adjuster, by changing the time with my ctrl+wheel of the mouse, on the chat it does show me the event I have set. However, if I use the Travel Manager, although it does forward the time in clock adjuster, once I reach/pass the hour/date fixed for my event, it does not show it to me on the chat. Is this supposed to be like this or am I doing something wrong?
This also happens to anything set on the "Reminder Manager".

I would also like to make a suggestion: when updating the extension, could it be updated on the first page instead of throughout random pages of the forum? I had downloaded the original file uploaded on page 17 when it was first uploaded, and today I read throughout the enitre forum just to see if I could find something related to my issue, and found out that the file uploaded on page 17 on the 10th of March, had been re-uploaded on the 25th. It'd make much easier to track the latest update of the extension. (I now have the latest file, and I'm still experiencing what I explained above).

Many thanks in advance for the help!

bmos
April 1st, 2021, 12:07
I would also like to make a suggestion: when updating the extension, could it be updated on the first page instead of throughout random pages of the forum? I had downloaded the original file uploaded on page 17 when it was first uploaded, and today I read throughout the enitre forum just to see if I could find something related to my issue, and found out that the file uploaded on page 17 on the 10th of March, had been re-uploaded on the 25th. It'd make much easier to track the latest update of the extension. (I now have the latest file, and I'm still experiencing what I explained above).Unfortunately not. It's not my extension, but I've been posting my own updates here since the original author doesn't have time to work on it very often. The version in the first post is the most recent official version from pr6i6e6st.
Reminders and such only trigger when you advance using the second row of boxes (which is how you're supposed to advance time using this extension).

Yonjaime
April 1st, 2021, 15:47
Unfortunately not. It's not my extension, but I've been posting my own updates here since the original author doesn't have time to work on it very often. The version in the first post is the most recent official version from pr6i6e6st.
Reminders and such only trigger when you advance using the second row of boxes (which is how you're supposed to advance time using this extension).

Ahhhhh, ok! Now I see. It's a shame, in my opinion obviously, that the by passing time on the Clock Adjuster with the Travel Manager doesn't trigger them... Nonetheless, thanks to you, now I can work around it.

Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply!!!

eriktedesco
April 1st, 2021, 19:49
Hi all,

something is pretty off with Clock Adjuster layout...any idea?

bmos
April 1st, 2021, 20:16
something is pretty off with Clock Adjuster layout...any idea?

From the previous page:

It's your theme. That happens with themes that have no title bar.

This extension's layout was designed with the CoreRPG theme in mind (which is basically the "original" FantasyGrounds theme unless you're using a ruleset that has its own funky theme):

bmos
April 2nd, 2021, 21:23
update:
* No more short rest field for PFRPG since it has only a long rest.
* Long/short rest fields should now remember their contents between sessions.
* Current time can no longer be changed with the mousewheel
* If you have the options menu toggle set to Full Process it should now switch to Quick Mode automatically when not needed (when there are no ongoing effects). This is the work of Corun (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?263442-Corun).
* Also contains a fix for a regression in DCrumb (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?372762-DCrumb)'s rounds advancement fix to allow rounds to go past 9.

EDIT: removed because of a new version (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=593490&viewfull=1#post593490). There were 33 downloads here.

Kelrugem
April 2nd, 2021, 21:40
update:
* No more short rest field for PFRPG/3.5E since those systems only have long rest.

Thank you :)

But actually, 3.5e has a short rest mechanic in their supplementary books :D (for example heavily used in Tome of Battle)

bmos
April 2nd, 2021, 21:59
Thank you :)

But actually, 3.5e has a short rest mechanic in their supplementary books :D (for example heavily used in Tome of Battle)I did try to research that but clearly rolled a natural 1. I've re-uploaded to just remove it from PF 1e.

Kelrugem
April 2nd, 2021, 22:05
I did try to research that but clearly rolled a natural 1. I've re-uploaded to just remove it from PF 1e.

hehe, no worries, thanks a lot :D That was a natural 20 now :D

similarly
April 3rd, 2021, 00:09
From the previous page:

This extension's layout was designed with the CoreRPG theme in mind (which is basically the "original" FantasyGrounds theme unless you're using a ruleset that has its own funky theme):

I'm having this issue with most of the 5e official themes, though. Only seems to show completely with the "simple" themes (simple brown, simple gray).

bmos
April 3rd, 2021, 01:27
I'm having this issue with most of the 5e official themes, though. Only seems to show completely with the "simple" themes (simple brown, simple gray).Well yes, those simple themes are much closer to the CoreRPG theme, unlike the 5e theme which has title bars. Most FG rulesets are not 5E, so designing it only for 5E would be silly. That being said I am hoping to make it work better with all themes eventually.

similarly
April 3rd, 2021, 02:59
Well yes, those simple themes are much closer to the CoreRPG theme, unlike the 5e theme which has title bars. Most FG rulesets are not 5E, so designing it only for 5E would be silly. That being said I am hoping to make it work better with all themes eventually.

It's a cosmetic thing and doesn't affect functionality. I really appreciate your continued work on this extension. It's one of my favorite (and most useful) extensions.

bmos
April 5th, 2021, 21:57
OK so today I tried to advance time 24 hours without realizing I had the "full process" option enabled.
It took over 30minutes to simulate all those rounds xD

What seems like a reasonable maximum to put on that feature?
I just tried simulating 4800 rounds and it still took a lot longer than I would want to have occur in-game.
Perhaps 600?

Corun
April 5th, 2021, 22:32
OK so today I tried to advance time 24 hours without realizing I had the "full process" option enabled.
It took over 30minutes to simulate all those rounds xD

What seems like a reasonable maximum to put on that feature?
I just tried simulating 4800 rounds and it still took a lot longer than I would want to have occur in-game.
Perhaps 600?
Was this with my attempt to optimize this, or just pure extension? If so can you provide me with details of conditions?
If that was PF only extension I would suggest something in line of let's say ~25 minutes(1500 rounds) - to account for minute/level duration with buffed CL. Or could dig through some excels with spells and monster effects.

Other idea - how about saving start time with os.time(), and checking after 20-50-more rounds how much time has passed. You could display then ETA based on remaining rounds, and ask users if he wants to continue. Obviously ETA's are not really accurate, however in typical session I don't expected for PC to be drastically changing load(except when windows wants to update). In this way user could have a slow simulation if really wants it, but wont get stuck forever by accident.
EDIT: I am not sure FG would allow for such a popup though. Might be just useless idea.

nephranka
April 5th, 2021, 23:03
update:
* No more short rest field for PFRPG since it has only a long rest.
* Long/short rest fields should now remember their contents between sessions.
* Current time can no longer be changed with the mousewheel
* If you have the options menu toggle set to Full Process it should now switch to Quick Mode automatically when not needed (when there are no ongoing effects). This is the work of Corun (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?263442-Corun).
* Also contains a fix for a regression in DCrumb (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?372762-DCrumb)'s rounds advancement fix to allow rounds to go past 9.

Thank you for the update! One connected request: the other blank input fields (hour, min, day, month, year) can they be made to remember all of the entries like you did for long/short rest? Maybe a option setting if that is not something others would like?

Thank you for all the effort! This is great.

mjdawn
April 6th, 2021, 00:11
The weather check isn't working for me with JimSocks' Content Generator mod any longer. I don't think I changed anything, but could be user error on my part. Thanks!

bmos
April 6th, 2021, 14:14
Was this with my attempt to optimize this, or just pure extension? If so can you provide me with details of conditions?Yes, but I had a creature with FHEAL and DMGO in the combat tracker to force full processing (since I was testing some new code I'm adding to my Malady Tracker extension).

MeAndUnique
April 6th, 2021, 15:25
Hey, bit of a strange question: would you be willing to consider a gentler license, such as MIT or BSD? I was considering adding a new feature to one of my extensions when Clock Adjuster is present, and the GPL prevents me from doing so unless I make my extension GPL as well.

bmos
April 6th, 2021, 15:57
Hey, bit of a strange question: would you be willing to consider a gentler license, such as MIT or BSD? I was considering adding a new feature to one of my extensions when Clock Adjuster is present, and the GPL prevents me from doing so unless I make my extension GPL as well.The license situation of ClockAdjuster is pretty weird actually. When I was working on Time Manager I wrote up a license saying that my work was licensed under GPL, but the original extension had no license stated. Since then I have removed the GPL license from my contributions, but it seems that pr6i6e6st has adopted GPL since the GPL license statement is in the last official release in the first post.

I think you'll have to wait for pr6i6e6st, but at least from me it should not be an issue (you can see the current license text in the last file I posted).

MeAndUnique
April 6th, 2021, 16:11
The license situation of ClockAdjuster is pretty weird actually. When I was working on Time Manager I wrote up a license saying that my work was licensed under GPL, but the original extension had no license stated. Since then I have removed the GPL license from my contributions, but it seems that pr6i6e6st has adopted GPL since the GPL license statement is in the last official release in the first post.

I think you'll have to wait for pr6i6e6st, but at least from me it should not be an issue (you can see the current license text in the last file I posted).

Awesome, that helps a bunch, thanks. I can at least get started in anticipation.

bmos
April 6th, 2021, 21:09
Awesome, that helps a bunch, thanks. I can at least get started in anticipation.If you want to see a model for how you can integrate with ClockAdjuster, look at my Malady Tracker extension (which is what got me involved with ClockAdjuster).

Specifically this bit, although the integration is being rewritten now to be aware of initiative count. (https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Malady-Tracker/blob/ed3d7845e4d47b1220195ef29a4568c596acfe7b/scripts/disease_tracker.lua#L19).

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 01:14
I just tried to use the long and short rest functions and I found they print out to chat and move the clock. They even advance timed items in the CT but now the long/short is not renewing the abilities/spell slots and hit dice on the characters. Is that expected behavior?

So I set the long rest to 8 hrs. When I dbl click the field it sends Long rest to chat and moves the clock but no effect on the character sheet.

I am using v2.4 in 5e.

Thanks!

bmos
April 12th, 2021, 01:28
Update:
* should fix long rests
* advancing time will change rounds counter to single digits
* full process of rounds only used if 8 hours or less are being advanced
* advance after 10 rounds instead of 9 (round 0 is surprise round)
* include rounds as 10ths of minute in date tracking

EDIT: removed as I have posted a new version that has a bug fix (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster&p=593490&viewfull=1#post593490). There were 7 downloads here.

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 01:35
Update:
* should fix long rests
* advancing time will change rounds counter to single digits
* full process of rounds only used if 8 hours or less are being advanced
* advance after 10 rounds instead of 9 (round 0 is surprise round)
* include rounds as 10ths of minute in date tracking

Long/short rests seem to be working again.

I did see one strange case. If something is in the CT and the clock is used to advance the time. The effect can hit exactly zero and get "stuck" on the character. If I move the round forward by one, with the CT and then switch to the clock, it drops off as expected. Is there something I need to set to catch these or I have to at least use the CT for one of the rounds?

Thanks for the quick fix!

RobboNJ69
April 12th, 2021, 02:30
Thanks for jumping in and making that update bmos.

Following up on nephranka - I'm seeing something similar... (FGU, Pathfinder 1E)

With an effect on the CT, if you advance time using the clock, adding minutes, the effect will come off as expected.
If you use the 'next actor' button and advance through the CT, turn by turn, the effect will come off when it is supposed to.

However, if you use the 'next round' button on the CT, the effect will go to '0' rounds remaining and stick there. It will count down just fine, but get stuck on '0' rounds.

Also, with the 'next round' button, the very first time using it will advance to the next round in the chat window, but after that, it doesn't show any advancement in the chat window, even though effect durations are reducing.

bmos
April 12th, 2021, 11:49
Thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce the duration 0 issue and I think I have it fixed.

testing:
I added an effect "test" with duration 9 and advanced 1 minute via the clock and it expired.
I added the effect "test" with duration 10 and advanced 1 minute via the clock and it went to duration 0 (permanent).

however I couldn't reproduce the other issue.
testing:
I added the effect "test" with duration 9 and advanced with next round button and it showed rounds counting off in chat, in rounds box, and in effect duration.
I added the effect "test" with duration 10 and advanced with next round button and it showed rounds counting off in chat, in rounds box, and in effect duration.
I added the effect "test" with duration 9 and advanced with next turn button and it showed rounds counting off in chat, in rounds box, and in effect duration.

EDIT: removed with 29 downloads

darrenan
April 12th, 2021, 16:52
FYI - This extension does not seem to be compatible with the current version of the Strain/Injury extension from Kelrugem. With both loaded strain is not recovered during a short rest. I will make a note of this in the Strain/Injury thread as well. Hopefully it can be fixed on one side or the other.

Weissrolf
April 12th, 2021, 16:58
Any chance to change the window type of this extension?

Currently it's covered up by literally everything else, including maximized map windows and the chat. It also suffers more easily from the application window size being changed compared to other windows (moved away from its position more easily). Its position also is not saved by FGTabber like other windows are.

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 20:28
Any chance to change the window type of this extension?

Currently it's covered up by literally everything else, including maximized map windows and the chat. It also suffers more easily from the application window size being changed compared to other windows (moved away from its position more easily). Its position also is not saved by FGTabber like other windows are.

I would second that!

bmos
April 12th, 2021, 22:43
Yes, I would also like to rebuild the UI but am waiting until at least after 4.1.0 releases. I'm not familiar with that code, so it will take longer than some of the other projects I'm working on.
I'm hoping to integrate it into the sidebar now that the buttons take up so much less space (although I need to check whether there is room in Starfinder since I know that ruleset has approximately a thousand sidebar buttons lol).

FYI - This extension does not seem to be compatible with the current version of the Strain/Injury extension from Kelrugem. With both loaded strain is not recovered during a short rest. I will make a note of this in the Strain/Injury thread as well. Hopefully it can be fixed on one side or the other.Does this test build fix it?

darrenan
April 12th, 2021, 22:47
Sorry, no it does not.

bmos
April 12th, 2021, 23:11
Sorry, no it does not.Does short resting via the normal CT menu method still work?

I see at least part of the issue.
Somewhat incredibly, 5E and 4E use CombatManager2.rest(bLong) and PFRPG, PFRPG2, and 3.5E use CombatManager2.rest(bShort).
https://media1.tenor.com/images/1f198580b818402c74570eec81a43e3e/tenor.gif

EDIT: removed with 5 downloads

darrenan
April 12th, 2021, 23:41
That's the only way to short rest. I don't see a short rest option in the clock adjuster (unlike in 5E where I do)

bmos
April 12th, 2021, 23:51
That's the only way to short rest. I don't see a short rest option in the clock adjuster (unlike in 5E where I do)
Definitely. Just wanted to make sure ClockAdjuster wasn't breaking the normal approach. I think the build I added to the previous post should fix it then.

darrenan
April 13th, 2021, 00:07
Still not working with the latest fix you posted. Neither from CT nor clock adjust short rest field.

EDIT: if it matters, the long rest field in the clock adjuster UI is working correctly.

kevininrussia
April 13th, 2021, 00:13
I'm hoping to integrate it into the sidebar now that the buttons take up so much less space

I hope you also make an option for users that use the Better Menus extension (no sidebar) :-)

bmos
April 13th, 2021, 00:42
Still not working with the latest fix you posted. Neither from CT nor clock adjust short rest field.

EDIT: if it matters, the long rest field in the clock adjuster UI is working correctly.Ah, so you're seeing it now and it's not working via the combat tracker. I was not understanding that part.
I'm honestly not sure why it's not working then... ClockAdjuster doesn't touch the rest function. Does it work with the build in the first post?

bmos
April 13th, 2021, 01:04
Perhaps you can try changing the ClockAdjuster loadorder to more than 36?

darrenan
April 13th, 2021, 16:30
Changing the loadorder to 35 or 37 makes no difference.

bmos
April 13th, 2021, 16:42
Changing the loadorder to 35 or 37 makes no difference.Thanks. Bizarre.

MeAndUnique
April 16th, 2021, 00:24
Is there a GitHub or similar for contribution? For theme compatibility it'd be nice to have standardized text colors.

bmos
April 16th, 2021, 00:27
Is there a GitHub or similar for contribution? For theme compatibility it'd be nice to have standardized text colors.I still have my Time Manager GitHub page which is what I have been using for tracking my changes. It would be great if pri6e6s6t had one, but for now this is it:
https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Time-Manager

Sathanasso
April 24th, 2021, 11:33
Hi!
i loke so much this extension. But i have a problem:
[ERROR] Unable to find table. (Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace).

Also the other 2 tables seems to be missing.
I've downloaded JimSocks' Content Generator mod for this purpose but those table seems to be missing there.

thank you in advance for your answer!

charmov
April 25th, 2021, 02:55
Hi!
i loke so much this extension. But i have a problem:
[ERROR] Unable to find table. (Encounter Chance Slow Travel Pace).

Also the other 2 tables seems to be missing.
I've downloaded JimSocks' Content Generator mod for this purpose but those table seems to be missing there.

thank you in advance for your answer!

You have to manually edit the tables to be exactly like the text shown in the chat. If you change the name of the table to reflect that it should call them when you roll.

MeAndUnique
April 25th, 2021, 17:17
Hey everyone, attached is a version that is more compatible with themes. While this isn't an official release, the compatibility will be included in the next one so I hope it helps in the meantime.

xTheCanadian
April 26th, 2021, 07:27
Hey everyone, attached is a version that is more compatible with themes. While this isn't an official release, the compatibility will be included in the next one so I hope it helps in the meantime.

Holy smokes that's awesome! Thanks man!

SirMotte
May 1st, 2021, 12:11

For anyone using my theme and Clock Adjuster, this fixes the black fonts issue, now everything looks as it should!

pablomaz
May 1st, 2021, 14:30
pr6i6e6st and SirMotte are competing to see who is the MLM (Most Loved Member) of the community... My heart is torn.
Thank you, guys!

SirMotte
May 8th, 2021, 22:41
pr6i6e6st and SirMotte are competing to see who is the MLM (Most Loved Member) of the community... My heart is torn.
Thank you, guys!

Nah, I'm in love with MeAndUnique already, so sorry :).

bmos
May 15th, 2021, 13:11
When I was maintaining my Time Manager fork, one of the common requests was a 24 hour clock.
I just came across this extension which works with Clock Adjuster (although the formatting gets more weird as noted by SirMotte):
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65902-Core-RPG-24-Hour-Clock-Format

the solution to this UI issue is a slight xml change.
"currentphase" needs this added to its "anchored" tag:

width="20"

for example:

<anchored to="currentminute" position="righthigh" offset="10" width="20" />

basically because the width was not set manually on currentphase, removing it (to hide AM/PM) made everything shift to the left which caused "add" to be overlapping.

daggerfortysix
May 15th, 2021, 17:00
Excellent - Thanks for updating this. I came here with the same error the 24 hour clock was doing to see it fixed already.

kevininrussia
May 16th, 2021, 01:32
Ruleset 4E

I noticed when doing a short or extended rest, the effect in the combat tracker is not being removed when there is an effect time limit like Start, End, End of Turn, Encounter.

https://i.imgur.com/hMDMcEy.png

SirMotte
May 16th, 2021, 09:53
When I was maintaining my Time Manager fork, one of the common requests was a 24 hour clock.
I just came across this extension which works with Clock Adjuster (although the formatting gets more weird as noted by SirMotte):
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65902-Core-RPG-24-Hour-Clock-Format

the solution to this UI issue is a slight xml change.
"currentphase" needs this added to its "anchored" tag:

width="20"

for example:

<anchored to="currentminute" position="righthigh" offset="10" width="20" />

basically because the width was not set manually on currentphase, removing it (to hide AM/PM) made everything shift to the left which caused "add" to be overlapping.

Thank you very much!