PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the Shield spell in D&D 5e FGU

DMTCSyd
May 7th, 2020, 08:13
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I noticed a problem with the Shield spell in the game I ran last night. An NPC wizard cast it on himself and it worked, increasing his AC. However, later in the same round the wizard was struck and failed a Concentration check so the spell ended. The problem is Shield isn't a Concentration spell.

TC

Bonkon
May 7th, 2020, 18:00
Good Day DMTCSyd :)
I just threw a Drow Mage in the CT in FGU and FGC and had it cast Shield the hit it for damage and it did not roll a concentration check. Not sure why yours did? Was there possibly another concentration spell on the NPC and something somehow got muddled/crossed? Could you reapply the shield and see if it did it a second time? :)

DMTCSyd
May 8th, 2020, 07:19
That is very odd. I have gone back and reopened the battlemap and combat tracker and reapplied shield - there is no mention of Concentration in the effect. However, I scrolled back through the chat window to where I initially applied the spell and as can be seen in the attached screenshot, it is listed as Concentration.

Zacchaeus
May 8th, 2020, 09:11
I don't know where you are getting that effect from but it isn't anything that would be created by any NPC added to the CT. As you can see from my screenshot.

DMTCSyd
May 8th, 2020, 10:39
I don't really know what happened. As I mentioned in my earlier reply, when I opened up the combat tracker and reapplied the Shield spell, there was no mention of Concentration. I can only assume it must have been some weird glitch.

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2020, 17:15
Gremlins!