View Full Version : LFG: Brand New to FG, Trying to Learn and Play Online D&D

JacksonSmart
May 7th, 2020, 03:04
Time zone: East Coast, USA GMT-5
Number of Players: 1, me
Time of Day Available: Evenings Th-Sat, Afternoons Fri-Sun
Fantasy Grounds License: I downloaded the "classic" demo
Voice/Visual: I can use Discord or Zoom

Game System Experience: I played a bunch of D&D in the 90s and 00s as well as a few other random TTRPGs (werewolves? vampires?). Haven't played much in the last fifteen years so I'm fairly new to the different versions but D&D is D&D, right? I mean I can't imagine much has changed. Or has it? Now I'm scared.
Character Type Preferred: Fun. I used to just be a by-the-numbers guy but now I'm interested in playing around with off-type characters to see how they interact with the world. The last character I played was a half-orc bard who specialized in oratory. Ugly as sin but he sure could spin a yarn.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Absolutely none!

Looking For: I'm looking for anything to try out. A simple "show the ropes" game for me and another noob or two would be ideal but I don't know how many folks would be willing to do that. Failing that, I would gladly join one-shot that has a spare seat provided I could ask for a small amount time to figure everything out. Eventually, I want to become part of a weekly game but I don't know how many parties would be open to brand noobian. Either way, let me know what's up! I'm excited to learn more about this community!