PDA

View Full Version : 2 d&d players new to fantasy grounds

dragen79
May 6th, 2020, 22:16
We both live in the central time zone we are looking to play sometime Sunday but might be able to change the day. We both play d&d but are looking to try fantasy grounds. We might have another player or 2 but are looking for a dm to run a game for us and show us how to use it.

Aurindel
May 7th, 2020, 00:18
Hi dragen79,
Are you friends with trilioth?
I’m looking to get into DMing and Sunday evening could work. Except this Sunday as it’s Mother’s Day.

We both live in the central time zone we are looking to play sometime Sunday but might be able to change the day. We both play d&d but are looking to try fantasy grounds. We might have another player or 2 but are looking for a dm to run a game for us and show us how to use it.

dragen79
May 7th, 2020, 00:42
I am not sure who that is. My friend doesn't have an account yet I don't think. I love in Texas and he is in Illinois. Yeah I didn't think we would get anything set up for this Sunday but maybe next Sunday if your interested or we have enough people. He has an old friend that said he is interested but I'm not 100% on him.

TreeBeard1967
May 7th, 2020, 02:19
I am new to FG Unity, but not to roll playing. I am comfortable with games that are hack/slash, problem solving, role-playing, or a mix of all three. Likewise I can play any role the party needs. I can play on either Saturday or Sunday conditionally. I belong to a once-a-month group that is a bit disorganized. Oh, I live in the central time zone.

Aurindel
May 7th, 2020, 02:54
Hi TreeBeard1967,
If I’m going to DM, it’ll be standard. I’m waiting until July to upgrade to Unity. It’s pretty buggy; I’m in a campaign using it and it busts frequently. You’re a third and we’ll see what we can get together, likely May 17 on account of Mother’s Day.

dragen79
May 7th, 2020, 22:25
Would be glad to have you treebeard. I'm not sure what unity is but yeah I'm not up for a buggy game. I'm up for the 17th do you want to do a session 0 thing to set up characters or jUst let us know rules to set up?

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 01:33
I believe Session 0 is important. Especially with beginners. I have DND Beyond, which is helpful for tracking; especially since it’s available all the time. Let’s see who joins.

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 02:19
Discord
Aurindel#8971

Outlander001
May 8th, 2020, 02:22
Howdy all,
I would interested in joining if you still need someone to round out the group. I have been playing since the early 80's so, I know my way around the game. I have a sub to Unity but I can always grab the demo of the classic for this game. I am still a little new to FG but I think i can manage. Sundays would be great and I am on the coast in the Pacific Time Zone.

dragen79
May 8th, 2020, 02:23
I've looked at DND beyond but haven't figured if it is worth it. I have a bunch of physical books and wasn't sure if it was worth the price to buy them on there too. Do you think it helps? I don't really have a group that I play with do I haven't played consistently in awhile.

Bilbobolen
May 8th, 2020, 03:29
I am starting the sunless citadel tomorrow at 7 est (see my post in this group) Let me know if you are interested

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 17:43
You don’t need to buy it; you can use my account.
Beyond is more helpful for creating characters than Fantasy grounds.
FG is a sandbox; Beyond keeps the rules clearer
If you’re on Discord, I’m Aurindel#8971.
I have the Beyond link posted

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 18:12
Hi Outlander001,
If 4:00 PM PDT is okay, look me up on Discord.
5e standard. Likely Ghosts of Saltmarsh, definitely some aquatics.
Aurindel#8971

Outlander001
May 8th, 2020, 18:18
Hi Aurindel,
Unfortunately, 4 PM is too early for me, I am still working at that time. Thanks for the invite, however. Truly appreciate it.

dragen79
May 8th, 2020, 18:57
I haven't played that one or done a aquatic campaign that should be fun. I'm not sure about the time I start back to work on Tuesday I should know better then. It should be ok from what I worked in the past in just not sure what hours we are going to be open right now. Any restrictions on race or classes?

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 19:09
If it's available in my DNDBeyond site, NP.
https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/11018461468035541
Be prepared to get wet.

dragen79
May 8th, 2020, 20:02
lol i just realized that you weren't talking about playing at 4pm on Sunday. sorry a bit sleep deprived today. ill check out the dnd beyond and get discord set up it's been awhile since i have used that. my friend should be making his account today shortly. i send him a link to this thread so he should be able to post on here. we are going to let a couple other friends in Illinois know about the game maybe some of them will join as well.

Suspect Zero
May 8th, 2020, 20:03
Hey guys this is dragen's friend. Also been playing since a d&d throughout the 80s n 90s but haven't done much since 3.5. just now getting used to 5e.

Suspect Zero
May 8th, 2020, 20:04
I also have a friend in Missouri that might play. Waiting to hear back

dragen79
May 8th, 2020, 20:15
I was poking around at dnd beyond on my phone then switched to the laptop but i can't get into my character.

Outlander001
May 8th, 2020, 20:27
Hi Aurindel,
Just to be clear, you were talking about starting today at 4:00 PM PDT, correct? Not Sunday?

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 20:55
Correct.
6 PM Central 7 Eastern

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 20:57
Try Beyond now.
If you leave off data, you can’t proceed.
I added ability scores.

Aurindel
May 8th, 2020, 21:46
Hi Suspect Zero,
This should be mainly beginners.
Not too many worries about getting up to speed.
Discord Aurindel#8971

Suspect Zero
May 8th, 2020, 23:11
Hi Suspect Zero,
This should be mainly beginners.
Not too many worries about getting up to speed.
Discord Aurindel#8971

Sent you a friend request on discord. Spacecasejase

Jlittle90
May 9th, 2020, 01:19
You guys potentially got room for another? been playing for a long time mostly as a dm and don't to be a player that often. Time and day works for me as long as you don't the sound of small children on occasion.

TreeBeard1967
May 9th, 2020, 01:57
Wow, this thread moved fast. Just sent a friend request from @astrid7437. If the boat has sailed, just let me know.

trilioth
May 10th, 2020, 16:22
My friend and I are looking for a game D&D 5e on Sundays. We both live in the central time zone and are new to fantasy grounds. We have headsets or voice chat and would be willing to buy a licence if necessary.

Aurindel
May 10th, 2020, 16:31
Hi JLittle,
We're at five now down from six.
May be a space.
I'm on Discord at Aurindel#8971

Aurindel
May 10th, 2020, 16:34
Hi Trilioth,
I thought you were set with Gumbercules as DM.
I'm at five for session one now and I'm getting concerned that our group might get unwieldy.
That said, if you want to attend session one to learn some FG, I'm on Discord at Aurindel#8971

Skullz
May 10th, 2020, 17:27
Looking to get in if possible. Long time player/DM (could switch DM'ing after group is settled) Central Time Zone (Kansas City) Discord: Skullzkc#5241