PDA

View Full Version : FG and Hamachi - at Whits End I need Help!!

smokediver44
May 6th, 2020, 19:59
So after trying the demo with a friend I purchased FGC Ultimate and he is still using Demo. We ran into the known issues with him not being able to Load Modules and grey screen when I share maps. We searched the forums and got some very helpful tips and decided to install Hamachi. I created the network and he joined... went through all the changes needed and finally got the connections successful. Now time to test FC. He used my Hamachi IP and tried to connect. No Luck. We double checked all our firewall settings and ours both matched. (We added the Hamachi Client Applications and Hamachi Client Tunneling Engine and set both to private and public). So our of desperation we tried to reverse rolls and he created ad new campaign and I tried connecting to him FG... and well that worked. Keep in mind that we were still using my Hamachi network that he had joined. So I can join his FC campaign yet he cannot join mine. So what gives. I have spent a lot of money on some software I cannot use and it is really starting to ware me down. This is a great tool but should not be this difficult to set up and use. Any help on this would be Greatly Appreciated. Please do not point me to another forum post as we have spent the last 3 days searching and readying though them. Thanks again!!!

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2020, 20:10
Welcome :)

When connecting to someone on Hamachi, you must use the Hamachi IP address for the FG Host. Are you sure he had the IP right? What about security? Did you check your security software? Have you deleted and re-created any exceptions?

Please send screen shots of your Hamachi network, and both your FG launch screen and the players.

damned
May 6th, 2020, 23:43
Make sure your Hamachi Network is set to Private.

smokediver44
May 7th, 2020, 04:31
WE GOT IT!!! Thanks guys for your input. I had FG set to public( which was blocked) and changed it to private (which was open) and that did the trick. Either way it is good and working great now. Thanks again!!!!