PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer a campaign from PC to mac.

Syker79
May 6th, 2020, 16:40
Hello.

I am trying to copy my campaign folder from my PC to my friends mac since we are sharing the GM role for our campaign, I downloaded the campaign folder, turned into.zip and uploaded it to my google drive, my friend decompressed the file and copied the campaign folder via the folder icon in his Fantasy Grounds, but the campaign doesn´t appear in his mac, could it be a PC mac issue, or am I missing something?

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2020, 17:56
It should work. I don't imagine the data structure has changed between the two platforms. I suspect somewhere the steps have been done incorrectly.

Make sure you restart FG after adding the campaign folder. Have him check that the copied campaign folder has the same structure and files that a campaign he creates locally has. Screen shots of his campaign folder would be easiest to help resolve this.

pindercarl
May 6th, 2020, 18:00
A common issue when zipping/unzipping folders is that when the user unzips the archive, they inadvertently extract to a new top level folder. For example, your campaign is zipped up into an archive named campaign.zip containing the campaign folder "My Campaign." The zip is then extracted to "../campaign/My Campaign."

Syker79
May 7th, 2020, 00:15
Thanks for the help, sure enough, restetting fantasy grounds did it!