PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG 2e Suggestion

MagiusAlpha
May 6th, 2020, 11:10
Would it be possible to add a Focus option to the various classes, much like what we have with Ancestries and Heritages? This would make adding new options for things like Sorcerer Bloodlines, Wizard Schools, etc a much more straightforward process than the kludge that I've been using (copying the existing class, removing the excess focuses, then updating the last one with the text of the new focus), as well as streamlining the character creation process and allowing these focuses to make changes directly to the character rather than having to manually go in and verify/add the information afterwards.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2020, 11:22
Welcome to the FG forums MagiusAlpha!

At present you shouldn't have to copy classes - all of the features are added to the PC and then it's a case of deciding what you want to keep (after reviewing what has been added) and removing the class abilities not relevant. Yes, it's a faff, but you shouldn't have to edit class records. This process is mentioned in the chargen tracker as a manual process (which are shown in large red letters).

However, processes like this are being moved to the option selection window (similar to Heritages, but in a different structure). It's taking a redesign of the underlying data structure, and will be available in the medium term.

MagiusAlpha
May 6th, 2020, 12:30
I think you misunderstood my request, though you did answer the question in the latter part. I was specifically talking about adding things like new bloodlines or wizard schools requiring me to either copy the class and remove the extra options and add the new option to the copied class, whereas with Heritages, I could just go straight in and add the new heritage directly. Either solution works, but I feel like the latter is a more elegant solution.

Either way, I had a feeling that it would require a pretty decent rework of the core database and the data already loaded in the program, so I'm not expecting it any time soon. It's mostly something I thought about while I was adding in a small third party PDF that I'd purchased to practice adding things in for PF2e.

Trenloe
May 6th, 2020, 12:54
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.

Yes, what you're asking is coming.

You might get a clue if you look very carefully at the screenshot here (taken while I was running my development ruleset): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55765-PFRPG2-FG-Unity-themes&p=505239&viewfull=1#post505239