PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on Pipyap's Guide?

Myrdin Potter
May 6th, 2020, 04:09
$45? That is the POD price and is higher than the price all the WoTC books go for. The regular PDF price is $23. Not sure of the reasoning for such a high price for a digital version of a book.

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2020, 04:38
Because the authors think that's what they deserve? Or because they think that will maximize their income? Or any other reason? You know that :)

Authors get to set their own PDF prices for everything on the DMsGuild. They are free to post something for free or for any price they want (I've never heard of a max value).

It's a Gold Best Seller, so there are at least 200 people who think it's worth it.

Myrdin Potter
May 6th, 2020, 05:43
I am talking about the Fantasy Grounds price. They sold a lot on DMs Guild at a much cheaper price (PDF) because it has the official rules on writing filler but AL legal modules for Season 9. I doubt the sold many $45 POD copies. Usually pricing here is the digital price, which is the DND Beyond pricing for the hard covers. I would not care, but they tossed this into the Completest Bundle when it is not really WoTC material and I am not paying the printed price here as I have the module in PDF and it is not a hard conversion. Because it is in the bundle, I am blocked from getting the WoTC settings books that are also tossed into that bundle.

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2020, 16:52
Ah, didn't even think of an FG module. That's.... interesting that its part of the Bundle. Is that the only DMsG product in the bundle? Also, is it new to have FG modules of AL stuff in the FG Store? Has that been done in the past? I thought the rules were that they had to be sold on the DMsG and that the FG module could not be sold seperately.

Ah well, glad I've only got the Essentials Bundle.

Myrdin Potter
May 6th, 2020, 17:07
The previous AL modules are in the bundle as well.