PDA

View Full Version : DB.findNode() in FGC versus FGU, FGU doesn't like '

celestian
May 6th, 2020, 01:22
When trying to programmatically access this data path FGC will return the node, in FGU it will return nil.

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@AD&D 2E Player's Handbook");

This works in FGC and FGU:

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@AD&D 2E Dungeon Master Guide");

Keep in mind both of these actually look like this in code.

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@" .. rInfo.name);

FGU doesn't seem too like the single quote-> '.

damned
May 6th, 2020, 01:59
I think putting the ' in the module name is not a good idea...

celestian
May 6th, 2020, 04:35
I think putting the ' in the module name is not a good idea...

Works in FGC.

It's a pretty common practice to escape these types of things. I'm pretty sure they just forgot. They got & tho ;)

Gotta assume us users will do anything and everything to break it.

DM Wyvern
May 16th, 2020, 20:56
Encountered a serious bug here. After creating a new NPC record sheet for a spear trap, suddenly - none of the encounters I placed in my story record sheets would work properly. When trying to place down tokens I would get a message saying that I need to load the Monster Manual, I double checked several times and the MM was clearly loaded.

I reported it to the AD&D ruleset maker Celestian and he shared this about the potential problem:

CelestianToday at 12:33 PM
more than likely the problem is related to a bug I pointed out previously where specific characters in the module "name" string caused issues with FGU "seeing" them. Like '
This is a serious problem, it has basically destroyed my entire adventure.

CelestianToday at 12:48 PM
my guess is it's related to the path @AD&D 2E Monstrous Manual

---

In any case, none of the encounters I have setup work. I have lost hours of work and need to re-do each encounter, saving the NPC record sheets as local copies. And on that note - I can share that my local NPC record sheet copies are working properly.

celestian
May 16th, 2020, 21:12
Following up with Wyvern's post.

This is related to the Read Only MM being pushed out and changing the records.

<link type="windowreference">
<class>npc</class>
<recordname>reference.npcdata.id-00002@AD&#38;D 2E Monstrous Manual</recordname>
</link>

Previously the recordname was listed as npc.id-00002@AD&#38;D 2E Monstrous Manual

celestian
May 17th, 2020, 04:51
Updated above response. I did not realize the Read Only Monstrous Manual was pushed out to FGU before the normal Tuesday release.

However, the first post is still a bug that needs to be addressed.

celestian
September 2nd, 2020, 16:19
When trying to programmatically access this data path FGC will return the node, in FGU it will return nil.

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@AD&D 2E Player's Handbook");

This works in FGC and FGU:

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@AD&D 2E Dungeon Master Guide");

Keep in mind both of these actually look like this in code.

local nodeRef = DB.findNode("reference.refmanualindex@" .. rInfo.name);

FGU doesn't seem too like the single quote-> '.

Still bumping into this issue. Since I cannot change the names of the modules w/o some major headaches for users... is there a way to resolve this?

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2020, 23:10
Thanks for the investigation. Turned out that the issue is the Module.getModuleInfo is returning the wrong name element. Will be fixed in next build.

Regards,
JPG